menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The Cape was a blessing for Summer!
The Cape was a blessing for Summer!
chrisdvanne_ Post # 16 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 21:02
Group: Administrators
It's boring to see him moping all the time; even the flashback scenes are over the top and boring; of course i don't blame the child actor himself but the character as it is written.

I'll tell you again what i've told you before : "She's doing fantastic" ...given the lines she's been given. I have seen Summer on Firefly and TSCC mostly : seeing her playing a normal girl is something new to me and i think she's doing just fine. Those who wondered if she can act are reassured and that should open her many doors in the future.

Quote (Chief)
I thought that particular sequence was poorly written.

They quarrel but she stays at the door and came back as if nothing happened : poorly written indeed.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 17 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 09:36
At the moment, all the networks are looking at pilot script for their Fall 2011 schedule. Some projects are just in the script stage, some are in preproduction and some are already filming ("Charlie's Angel" reboot on ABC for example).
A lot of projects are looking for their cast as we speak; i'm pretty sure than more than one executive producer has an eye on Summer Glau.
More to come soon, i hope.

For the record, that's what Tom Wheeler said at the casting office, when looking for his Orwell :

Quote (Cinemablend interview with Tom Wheeler)
Summer walked in. And a friend of mine ..., I mean we were both like, “Summer Glau’s here. What's - Summer Glau is here.”

chrisdvanne_ Post # 18 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 11:56
NBC has picked up a bunch of pilots recently; one of them has retained my attention. It's an adaptation the British miniseries Prime Suspect.

Quote (The Hollywwod Reporter)
Prime Suspect centers on an iconoclastic female detective who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men.

Julianne Moore turned down the role last year but if the producer agree to hire a brunette instead of a red-head, Summer could get the job.

Read the full article at The Hollywood Reporter : NBC Orders Pilots for 'Prime Suspect,' 'The Crossing'

john121984 Post # 19 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 15:35
Group: Friends
I hope she does get that role. It would nice to see her in a show were she plays the main character.

Chief Post # 20 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 19:18
Group: Users
That quote by Tom still pisses me off... angry

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

chrisdvanne_ Post # 21 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 19:34
Quote (Chief)
That quote by Tom still pisses me off... angry

Please explain!

Edit : i see, what pisses you off is the gap between what we could have expected from Orwell and what Wheeler made of her, and not that particular quote.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 05 Feb 2011, 20:51

Chief Post # 22 | Saturday, 05 Feb 2011 - 20:34
Group: Users
No need to rehash that discusson. Just re-read all the topics about Orwell being underused or misused, etc.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

chrisdvanne_ Post # 23 | Sunday, 13 Feb 2011 - 10:02
Summer Glau has matured as a woman, as proven by the highly buzzed Esquire photoshoot, and as an actress also. The Cape has given her the opportunity to play an independant young woman and not just a troubled teenager.
We should see in the future if these changes will be reflected in her future works.

KrelleK Post # 24 | Sunday, 13 Feb 2011 - 13:20
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
NBC has picked up a bunch of pilots recently; one of them has retained my attention. It's an adaptation the British miniseries Prime Suspect.
Quote (The Hollywwod Reporter)
Prime Suspect centers on an iconoclastic female detective who has to make her bones in a tough New York precinct that is dominated by men.Julianne Moore turned down the role last year but if the producer agree to hire a brunette instead of a red-head, Summer could get the job.
Read the full article at The Hollywood Reporter : NBC Orders Pilots for 'Prime Suspect,' 'The Crossing'

that would be fun to see, is it similar to cold case, CSI, this prime suspect-series? biggrin cool cool cool

Message edited by KrelleK - Sunday, 13 Feb 2011, 13:20

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The Cape was a blessing for Summer!
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search: