Juke Joint!
By Admirator

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at MCM Belfast Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

Game of Thrones
By robbo

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

New comments

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

John Crooks on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

robbo on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Serenity Comic - All Aboard the feels train

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

RedsBaron on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

New videos

00:01:17

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x23 "Unthinkable"?
Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x23 "Unthinkable"?
What did you think of Arrow Season Finale "Unthinkable"?
Date: Wednesday, 2014 May 14, 20:01 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

What are your thoughts about Arrow 2x23 'Unthinkable'?

The Arrow season two finale is over but the blood pressure of the fans is still high from the epic fights and shocking moments. "Unthinkable" is going to win on the most sexy battle on TV screen ever, as The Canary (Caity Lotz) and Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law) teamed up to fight an evil, mirakuru-enhanced, Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau) who took on the persona of DC Comics character Ravager. The twenty-third episode wraps up Summer's recurrign role in Arrow; she did a wonderful job, both as business tycoon Isabel Rochev and as kickass, dual-sword-wielding Ravager. Summer Glau only had a short scene and I'm sure many of you wanted to see more Summer Glau in Arrow, but Nyssa al Ghul wasn't in the mood for game playing.

What are your thoughts about Arrow 2x23 'Unthinkable'?

Take on our poll and share your thoughts below.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 15, 03:05 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

Sure was a good way to wrap up the season. But they certainly didn't waste any time offing Isabel; it a way, it was anti-climatic.

Looking back at it all, I strongly believe that the writers could've done more to bring depth to Isabel and made her a more significant aspect to the show. I am well aware that indecisiveness on the writer's part was the root to her underdevelopment and the underutilization of Summer's acting skills. I think the writers really jumped the shark on this.

Message edited by MattM - Thursday, 2014 May 15, 16:37

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 15, 03:26 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

I missed some parts of the episode since I was busy making clips and screencaps from the episode so I will comment on it after I watched it completely.

Like many of you, I feel the death of Isabel was a bit sudden and didn't brought much to Summer Glau's character. At least Sebastian Blood showed some kind of redemption and had an honourable death. I wish it was the same for Isabel.

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 15, 04:26 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
Like many of you, I feel the death of Isabel was a bit sudden and didn't brought much to Summer Glau's character. At least Sebastian Blood showed some kind of redemption and had an honourable death. I wish it was the same for Isabel.

I don't think Isabel had any qualities in her that made her redeemable; she was the cut-throat, no-nonsense ice queen that Arrow fans loved to hate, and they won't miss her anytime soon.

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 15, 08:57 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Ref #4:

You're right. Btw, I'm not saying her character could be redeemed like Sebastian but at least Arrow writers could have worked out an honorable exit. But nope!

For example, what's the point of Isabel asking Slade "Who is Shado?" in the penultieme episode. Or what's the point of killing the character in the middle of a sentence. It doesn't make sense.

It will never be repeated enough: by their own admission, Arrow writers didn't know what to do with Isabel Rochev's character (would she play a goodie or a baddie,...) and this is the reason why there was no character development in the first part of the season (except maybe her discussion with Oliver at the hotel in Russia). This indecisiveness was also the reason why she disappeared for 10 episodes, and when they finally decided that Isabel should play a "bad guy", I have the feeling her character was rushed and similarly underutilized, leading to this unceremonious exit.
Honestly, Summer Glau and her fans deserved better.

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 15, 10:44 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

it was a great episode, but isabels death was way too anticlimatic. but that's what you get with an underdeveloped character i guess

knowledge is power.

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 15, 12:42 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Excerpt from an "Unthinkable" review at IGN:

There were several other plot threads that felt a little undercooked this week. Isabel in particular seemed wasted. She was unceremoniously killed by Nyssa early on. After all she’s done to torment the Queen family this season, I would have liked to see a bigger, more fitting exit for Isabel.

I couldn't agree more.

EDIT: allow me to reproduce the answer to a comment I wrote under the Caps & Clips News.

They had so much story arcs going on this season and they introduced so many characters that they had to sacrifice some, and Summer's character was one of them. Of course it paid off in the season finale as everyone was there - Suicide Squad, League of Assassins, Merlyn (also one of the forgotten in the season finale but at least we know is coming back) - to fight Slade.

Arrow writers had to make choices and decide which non regular character would come back next season; between fan favorites Malcolm Merlyn, Canary/Sara Lance and Isabel Rochev, the choice was easy to make. But it is their fault if the Rochev character didn't click with the audience, as we mentioned before.
At the end of the day, Summer got her paycheck and added a recurring role in a successful tv show in her resume, so there's that.

Date: Friday, 2014 May 16, 16:42 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

Isabel to Oliver: "Kill me. Don't kill me. It doesn't matter. I beat you. I took away the one..."

Isabel Rochev: Kill me. Don't kill me. It doesn't matter. I beat you. I took away the one...

When Isabel says "I took away the one...", are we 100% sure she's talking about Oliver's company, Queen Consolidated?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x23 "Unthinkable"?
Page 1 of 11
Search: