MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By KevinInEngland

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at Rhode Island Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 212»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: Will Isabel Rochev be killed by the end of the season?
Poll: Will Isabel Rochev be killed by the end of the season?
Poll: Will Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev be killed by the end of the season finale?
Date: Saturday, 2014 Apr 26, 17:37 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Summer Glau is finally kicking butt on Arrow.

Summer Glau as Isabel Rochev/Ravager in Arrow
Will Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev/Ravager be killed by the end of the season finale?

In episode 2.19 "The Man Under The Hood" of The CW series, Slade Wilson (Manu Bennett) saved his associate Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau) from death - after Diggle shot her two bullets on the chest - by injecting her with what Executive Producer Andrew Kreisberg likes to refer to as “evil juice,” aka – the Mirakuru serum.

And it’s about to turn her into a mirakuru-enhanced, dual swords-wielding, version of Deathstroke based on DC Comics character Ravager.

Arrow writers underused - that's an understatement - Summer Glau's character because, in their own words, "we still weren’t quite sure which way to go, whether she should be an ally or a villain" and this is "part of the reason Isabel disappeared for a while".
So Arrow writers, by their own admission, basically ruined Summer's character and she spend the entire season standing around looking pretty and making concerned faces. No wonder the character Isabel Rochev didn't click with Arrow fans.

Anyway, there's still many questions surrounding Summer Glau's new role as Ravager in Arrow. Like for example, with Slade Wilson/Deathstroke story arc coming to an end, will Isabel Rochev/Ravager be back in Arrow season 3 or will she disappear? This leads me to ask, in a somewhat provocative approach, if Summer Glau/Isabel Rochev/Ravager will be killed by the end of the second season finale.

Take on our poll and share your thoughts with us.
You can choose several answers.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 2014 Apr 26, 20:17 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

To me, it seems as each "Big" Villain gets their own season. With Summer's Ravager coming in just as season 2 is finishing she may be the lead for Season 3.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

Date: Saturday, 2014 Apr 26, 20:43 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

A theory just popped into my head. Since the one video about Isabel being Ravager suggests that she might have some successors, I think that (whatever the circumstances might be) she might abandon her identity as Ravager and go on under the identity of "The Queen". That is, if the writers decide to go in the direction of the comics a little more. In regard of Isabel being killed off, I have my doubts about that, but I should keep an open mind about the possibility.

Date: Sunday, 2014 Apr 27, 02:00 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

If she stars in a new pilot for a series they might.
I want to see Summer as a good girl in a new Sci-Fi show.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

Message edited by John85 - Sunday, 2014 Apr 27, 02:00

Date: Sunday, 2014 Apr 27, 16:42 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

You may have noted that I included in the poll two or three answers that are a bit provocative on purpose (based on Felicity's line in episode 2.19 "The Man Under The Hood" or on comments I've seen online). I made this to reflect the negative opinion that Felicity/Olicity/Emily Bett Rickards have on Summer Glau's character. Not that I blame anyone, it's just the way Isabel Rochev was written (or badly written to be more precise).
I even went as far as tweeting about this poll by including a #Olicity hashtag, in the hope of luring some Felicity fans, and it worked devil

Date: Sunday, 2014 Apr 27, 22:18 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
You may have noted that I included in the poll two or three answers that are a bit provocative on purpose (based on Felicity's line in episode 2.19 "The Man Under The Hood" or on comments I've seen online). I made this to reflect the negative opinion that Felicity/Olicity/Emily Bett Rickards have on Summer Glau's character. Not that I blame anyone, it's just the way Isabel Rochev was written (or badly written to be more precise).
I even went as far as tweeting about this poll by including a #Olicity hashtag, in the hope of luring some Felicity fans, and it worked devil
 LOL. What you did was somewhat similar to what some YouTubers do to draw in PewDiePie fans, which is best explained in this video:

Date: Monday, 2014 May 05, 19:44 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Awesome Ravager cosplay by Megan Coffey

Ravager cosplay

It's not based on Arrow's version of Ravager though.

Summer Glau as Ravager in Arrow 2x21 City of Blood

Date: Tuesday, 2014 May 06, 21:41 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

You can find possible answers to the question asked by the poll in the Blog post: A Closer Look at Summer in Arrow "Streets of Fire" Trailer

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 08, 15:46 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

Well, it looks like Felicity won't have to kill Isabel again, judging from the glimpses of Summer Glau's character in the extended trailer for the season finale of Arrow.

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 08, 16:05 GMT | Message # 10

Friends

I've seen numerous people hinting that Isabel gets Killed in the last episode, judging by the clips in the extended trailer, but to me it looks like they're unmasking her. If you look closely it sort of seems as if Nyssa is ripping the mask of Isabel's head.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

Date: Thursday, 2014 May 08, 16:09 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

Quote Jay ()
I've seen numerous people hinting that Isabel gets Killed in the last episode, judging by the clips in the extended trailer, but to me it looks like they're unmasking her. If you look closely it sort of seems as if Nyssa is ripping the mask of Isabel's head.

The scene you're describing could be seen in the first trailer for the season finale of Arrow.
But The CW has since released an extended trailer that leaves very little room for doubts. Check out the extended trailer and the new screen caps in the updated News.

Date: Saturday, 2014 May 10, 15:46 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

As for the future of Queen consolidated. If Oliver can prove Isabel Rochev is what she is, can they reverse Oliver making her CEO? Would her links to Slade reverse it?

Date: Sunday, 2014 May 11, 08:14 GMT | Message # 13

Friends

I strongly believe that they brought her back so she could do some damage, Isabel won't go down before putting down someone that matters, that is for sure, and even more.

Her role in the story is the role of a mysterious, but powerful antagonist, like lucifer on supernatural for example. She may never be the center of the attention, but she'll give Oliver Queen good reason to pay attention to her.

I think the character was written so we could not anticipated her action in the next season, where it will matter. If they were building another slade wilson or a typical villain, we would anticipate her too easily, she would be focused on specific element and we would know where she's going to hit next. With a character written this way, they can play a lot wih the plot. They can add her anywhere they want and they can litterally blow our mind. They play with very good cards for the third season, but Isabel Rochev sure is a joker, they can bring her without being anticipated and make her do things we can only speculate about. For sure, she is evil, but a specific kind of evil, a neutral evil.

The way I see it, I think she'll survive to the final, actually, if what I do believe is true, she could get throught season 3.

Date: Monday, 2014 May 12, 12:28 GMT | Message # 14

Site Admin

Ref #13

Without necessarily knowing it, you described perfectly how Summer's character was written.
The only problem is that what you describe is not the fruit of a well-thought writing but the consequence of Arrow writers NOT KNOWING what to do with Isabel Rochev.

Here's what Arrow executive producer said:

"Isabel was the one thing we weren't entirely sure about as we were developing the season," Kreisberg says. "Truthfully, there was a very early iteration of the series where Sara [Caity Lotz] started the season as Ravager, and then we switched over."

Even after the role was envisioned for Glau, the producers initially planned to keep her board room-esque character quite tame compared to the tough-gal characters Glau played on Firefly and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. "When Summer took the part, I was up there on set with her and she's like, 'I've never done anything like this. I feel much better if I'm kicking somebody,'" Kreisberg says. "And I was like, 'You're so good, you should give yourself more credit. We wanted you because you're a good actress and you're amazing in this part, not because you can kick a--.' Then I got to call her and go, 'Hey, we changed our minds, you get to kick a--.'"

"Part of the reason Isabel disappeared for a while is because we still weren't quite sure which way to go, whether she should be an ally or a villain," he continues. "We had written it so that it could turn out either way. The scene that I was picturing was Isabel, Slade and Sebastian [Kevin Alejandro] in Oliver's office, the triumvirate of evil. Once that happened, there was no way she was not going to be Ravager."

By their own admission, they ruined her character with their hesitations. Hopefully, they will give Isabel an honourable exit.

Date: Monday, 2014 May 12, 20:23 GMT | Message # 15

Site Admin

Which Character is Least Likely to Survive the "Arrow" Season 2 Finale?

With "Arrow" set to conclude its second season this week, CBR wonders which of cast member you least expect to make it out alive?

Since Laurel's pretty much on her way to replacing Sara as The Canary, it's no surprise that Sara is leading the poll. Isabel Rochev comes second (probably voted by Felicity fans wink )

Link: CBR

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: Will Isabel Rochev be killed by the end of the season?
Page 1 of 212»
Search: