To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x19 "Man Under The Hood"
Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x19 "Man Under The Hood"
Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x19 "The Man Under The Hood"
Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 17, 01:40 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

What are your thoughts about 2x19 "The Man Under The Hood"?

Tonight's show of Arrow, titled "The Man Under The Hood", was the first of five consecutive new Wednesday episodes that lead through to the season 2 finale. Slade Wilson and the members of Team Deathstroke, including bad girl Isabel Rochev, continue their quest for revenge on Oliver Queen in an action-packed episode.

Summer Glau is very good when she plays a good girl but even better when she plays a bad girl and she definitely has embraced the role of Isabel Rochev. Felicity's line sums up quite well how everyone feels about Isabel Rochev: "For the record I hated her before we knew she was a super villain!".
We learn more about Isabel's background and what she's up to as she dropped bombs all over the place in a scene at Queen Consolidated. Is she connected to Slade Wilson or to the Queen family? Later in the episode, in the battle between Oliver on one side and Slade Wilson and Isabel on the other side, Digg saved the day in a bittersweet moment that will leave Summer Glau fan speechless...until the latest twist.
There were Easter eggs EVERYWHERE and some nods to the rest of DC's goodies, including The Flash!

Summer Glau pointing a gun in Arrow 2x19 The Man Under The Hood

Take on our poll and share your thoughts below.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 17, 03:22 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

I just finished watching tonight's episode of Arrow, and boy, the writers did not fail to impress. Summer, as always, delivered a solid performance as Isabel (and of course a brief but great scene of ass-kicking).

Deviating from the Green Arrow comics, Isabel's relationship with Oliver's father Robert was under different circumstances. They apparently met at Queen Consolidated back when Robert was CEO and Isabel was a business school intern and, of course, they carried out a love affair. Although Robert just saw this as another mere fling, Isabel actually was madly in love with him. However, after Thea had an accident, Robert decided to stay with his wife and two children instead of running away with her, which she resented. Further attempts to get him to stay lead to Isabel's internship being terminated and her contact with Robert severed. Both Robert's unrequited romantic feelings and him choosing his family over her had formed her grudge against the Queen name. At this point, we all figured out that Isabel acted all friendly with Oliver (and slept with him) in Episode 6 as a means to earn his trust.

After Diggle shot her in the Mirakuru lab, I jokingly exclaimed, "No! Just when her story was getting interesting! This gives me bad memories of what happened to Bennett in Dollhouse..." But I knew that wasn't the last we would see of Isabel. To confirm our speculations, she was seen being injected with the Mirakuru serum, thus marking the birth of Ravager.

Message edited by MattM - Sunday, 2014 Apr 20, 18:59

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 17, 15:40 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Great episode once again. I don't recall seeing so many character development (Laurel learning about The Arrow AND Black Canary), bombs dropping (Isabel's backstory), deaths (Ivo, Isabel) and twists in one episode.

I'm glad we finally learn about Isabel's backstory and her death then resurrection as a mirakuru-ed character will certainly help boost interest in her. That tonight's episode of Arrow ended with Isabel's resurrection means her story arc gained in importance, right?

That said, Arrow writer's tergiversations with Summer Glau's character have ruined all the expectations from Arrow fans and a lot of them find Isabel boring. I'm not sure a few good episodes will manage to make up for the mistakes of the begining of the season.

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 17, 15:58 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

1st of I think that this was great and awesome episode if I could vote with both. biggrin
I, eventho I am a hardcore Summer fan, wasn't even feeling let down when she got shot. I could only think: "That's great!"

But to add few notes, I don't think she ever died so far. She got shot yes, but I presume she was still breathing and stuff. So far the Mirakuru has never been used on dead ppl and doubt this would work, hence this would probably make the plot too complicated, even if it's used to only bring back bad guys. Eventho the Mirakuru partly has resuscitational effect on those who have already taken it.

All in all at last Laurel doesn't look like the Hardy's Laurel, her character finally gets to be more cool and interesting. They actually allowed her to use her brain. biggrin It would be awesome seeing that brain works against Blood in the upcoming episodes.

And I am still waiting for the Merlyn-Wilson match.
I wanted to see that since a while now. Now Borrowman's twitter has confirmed that there's a bit of chance for that.

It's interesting how Isabel was still somewhere out there in this episode, but with the Mirakuru in her now the chances she will bump back to being less evil are pretty slightly.

And what's more interesting is, will the cure actually work and if, will it bring Deathstroke back to Slade? Or Isabel? Or Roy? Or any of those guys, not that we care about them that Slade transfused from Roy. happy

Message edited by Metal - Thursday, 2014 Apr 17, 16:09

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 17, 17:09 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

Cool episode, but I'm a little disappointed that most of the Isabel's tricks (fights) were performed using a stuntman.

Date: Friday, 2014 Apr 18, 16:41 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

this was an amazing episode, when isabel got shot i immidiatly thought about bennet... but seeing that she was injected by the Mirakuru makes me look forward the next episodes even more.

knowledge is power.

Date: Friday, 2014 Apr 18, 21:29 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

Must say, I haven't watched Arrow since "State v. Queen" and have just caught up with it. Totally drawn in the whole time.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

Date: Saturday, 2014 Apr 19, 00:27 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

Quote dylangillian ()
this was an amazing episode, when isabel got shot i immidiatly thought about bennet... but seeing that she was injected by the Mirakuru makes me look forward the next episodes even more.

I'm glad Arrow has brought Summer Glau's character back full force, who would've thought she could play such a horrible bitch so well.
Can't wait to see mirakuru-ed Isabel in action!

Date: Sunday, 2014 Apr 20, 01:18 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

Never to be let down by another breathtaking episode of the ever popular Arrow, Diggle! Diggle! my heart was in my mouth don"t do that to me, I thought Isabel Rochev was brown bread! chuffed to bits she has been resurrected with the injection of the mirakuru, now we are talking true kick-ass Summer-mirakuru-Glau action baby! great all round performances from the rest of the cast.

Date: Sunday, 2014 Apr 20, 16:28 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

That awkward moment when...

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x19 "Man Under The Hood"
Page 1 of 11
Search: