[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 212»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Summer Glau's true identity on Arrow [Spoilers]
Summer Glau's true identity on Arrow [Spoilers]
chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 12 Apr 2014, 12:36 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Warning, spoilers ahead!
This thread is dedicated to giving you the latest speculations on Summer Glau's true identity in Arrow. As we find spoiler's tag/code are boring, no need use them to hide your comments. If you don't want to be spoiled, then you might prefer to avoid reading this thread.

Ever since Summer Glau has been cast in The CW's superhero show ‘Arrow‘, fans have been saying it doesn't make sense to hire Summer for a role on a show that features several kick-ass characters and not utilize her for something similar. And even when it was revealed that her character was Isabel Rochev, an actual Green Arrow villain from the DC comics know as “The Queen”, still the rumours of a red herring ran rampant.

With the introduction of the League of Assassins and the name drop of Ra’s al Ghul (the head of the League of Assassins) early in this season, fans and online bloggers alike thought Summer Glau could be secretly playing the “Daughter of the Demon” herself, Talia al Ghul (see our poll's results: Is Isabel Rochev Talia al Ghul in disguise?). As often, Arrow writers surprised us by introducing in episode 13 the second al Ghul daughter, Nyssa.

Episode 2.18 of ‘Arrow’ titled “Deathstroke” gave us the reveal we were waiting for… or so we thought. In the episode, after Oliver Queen temporarily hands the position of CEO of Queen Consolidated over to Rochev to free himself to look for his sister Thea who’d been taken prisoner by Slade Wilson aka Deathstroke, Rochev uses her temporary power to call an emergency board meeting to make her position permanent. It is then revealed that Rochev has been working with Wilson all along.

Little did we know that this is only the beginning of the truth.

The long debate of weather Summer Glau will dawn a villain’s costume has finally been put to rest thanks to some on-set pictures taken by PUNKD Images.

Summer Glau on set of Arrow in her Ravager costumeSummer Glau on set of Arrow in her Ravager costume

The two images show Summer Glau in costume as none other than Ravager. Ravager has had multiple iterations in comics, all putting the character in close relation to Slade Wilson. In the latest version of the character, the person under the mask is Rose Wilson, the illegitimate daughter of Deathstroke.

It is still unknown if she will be revealed to be Slade’s daughter or if the character will be an amalgamation of Isabel Rochev and Rose Wilson.

Are you excited to see Summer Glau as Ravager on ‘Arrow’? What do you think of Summer's superhero costume and what do you think the creators of the show will do with the character?

Are you excited to see Summer Glau as Ravager on ‘Arrow’?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 13 Apr 2014, 23:35 | Message # 2
Reaction from Christopher Tobias via Twitter:

Psyched about this reveal. Not thrilled with the costume. Hoping we'll end up with no cowl/eyepatch from Tean Titans DC comics

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 13 Apr 2014, 23:45 | Message # 3
Reaction from @texaspete4130 :

Gimp suit costume is horrible, id much prefer her in a Helena bertinelli leather trench coat and mask but glad shes in episode.

Helena bertinelli leather trench coat and mask in Arrow

robboDate: Monday, 14 Apr 2014, 01:03 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
Nice read! hopefully we will see more of Summer Glau in season three of Arrow. obviously they must have big plans for Summer with the story of her new Identity being revealed. I don"t think surely the costume is that bad! they could put Summer in a bin bag she would still look awesome.  wink

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 14 Apr 2014, 15:43 | Message # 5
I'm not a comic book reader and I didn't know most of the DC villains that were introduced in Arrow, that includes of course the Ravager/Rose Wilson. This also means I had no expectations considering this character and whatever costume Arrow writers would come up with would be fine with me.

I think Summer Glau's costume is fine, in that he reminds of a female version of Deathstroke's. I simply notice Summer's body type is very different from the superheroine drawn in comic books. That leather outfit does not help much in that regard. But then I think about Caity Lotz, or Katie Cassidy's body type and I realize it's not what matters most. The important thing is that the writers come up with good stories and that the stunts team make good use of them. Obviously, they did a good job with Caity Lotz/Black Canary and I don't see why they couldn't do the same with Summer' Glau's character.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 15 Apr 2014, 01:16 | Message # 6
Well, it seems one of the fans speculations has an answer: Summer Glau is not Rose Wilson.

Read more in the News section.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014, 16:17 | Message # 7
Will Oliver Queen finally realize that Isabel Rochev's name appears in George Queen' book of corrupt people that Oliver is hunting down ever since he has come back from the island (see screencap below).?

I'm asking because it seems Oliver tossed that book out at the beginning of season 2.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014, 16:24 | Message # 8
Online bloggers who have seen an early screening of tonights episode revealed that Isabel Rochev IS NOT Slade Wilson's daughter Rose, as some have speculated. More probably, Isabel's story is connected to Oliver's father's Robert, just like in the Comics.
But then I wonder how Isabel and Slade get into contact.

MattMDate: Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014, 18:31 | Message # 9
Quote chrisdvanne ()
More probably, Isabel's story is connected to Oliver's father's Robert, just like in the Comics.
I would agree, since that was implied in the previous episode.

But then I wonder how Isabel and Slade get into contact.

If they ever do flashbacks with Isabel or Slade (just like they did with Oliver, Sarah, and Diggle), hopefully that would be explained.

I have a theory that Slade somehow found out Isabel's relation to the Queen family (he appears to have plenty of resources to his disposal) and got into contact with her to convince her to help him in getting revenge against Oliver. Slade must have also been aware of how highly ambitious Isabel is in running a corporation, so he probably guaranteed her that he would help her fulfill her goal if she agreed to help him in return.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014, 20:02 | Message # 10
Quote MattM ()
I would agree, since that was implied in the previous episode.

In 2.18 "Deathstroke", when Oliver asked Isabel why she's working with Slade, she tells him, “I think it’s sad you don’t know. The sins of the father are the sins of the son.”
There is a connection between Robert Queen and Isabel in the comics, and as Moira really hates Isabel, I’m betting there will be a similar connection here (not to mention Isabel's name is in Robert's list).

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Apr 2014, 22:56 | Message # 11
FYI, Isabel Rochev in her villain costume is the character that knocked out Diggle in episode 2.15 'The Promise'.

As Diggle was about to take a shot at Slade Wilson's after the "tour" at Queen Mansion, he was knocked out by a mysterious accomplice of Slade Wilson who wears the same outfit as Summer Glau in her Ravager costume (see caps below):

Isabel Rochev in her villain costume is the character that knocked out Diggle in episode 2.15 'The Promise'

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 19 Apr 2014, 17:34 | Message # 12
Here's hoping Arrow writers will make good use of Summer's new character!

Here's hoping Arrow writers will make good use of Summer Glau's Ravager

robboDate: Sunday, 20 Apr 2014, 01:38 | Message # 13
#12  Awesome!  I can assure you the Arrow writer"s would love to see that combination of the awesome Summer Glau slide-show. "eat ye heart out here comes Ravager!  smile

Fox012Date: Sunday, 20 Apr 2014, 12:19 | Message # 14
hmm that does not answer my question how deathstroke / slate  revived her under normal conditions you stay death when you take two to the chest!

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

MetalDate: Sunday, 20 Apr 2014, 13:28 | Message # 15
I guess she didn't died right off. If the wounds weren't fatal, she could've survived a good deal of time. Just enough for Slade to pump her some of his blood. 

But what I wonder now is, since she had her costume on before she was Mirakuru'd, then it means that the training that Slade put her through, where "you learn or you die" had a physical part to it too. But isn't Ravager Rose Wilson and since Isabel is not Rose Wilson, obviously, then is she Ravager and how can she be Ravager if Ravager is Rose Wilson, but she is not Rose Wilson? blink

She sure as hell ain't Grant Wilson either, nor the other lad Ravagers. 

So I guess this is a new from the Arrow writers.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Summer Glau's true identity on Arrow [Spoilers]
Page 1 of 212»
Search: