San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM Belfast Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

Game of Thrones
By robbo

New comments

robbo on: Convention stories - MCM Belfast

chrisdvanne on: Images from Summer's final day at MCM Belfast

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

John Crooks on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

robbo on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Serenity Comic - All Aboard the feels train

New videos

00:01:17

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x18 "Deathstroke"
Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x18 "Deathstroke"
What did you think of Arrow 2x18 "Deathstroke"
Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 00:08 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

What are your thoughts about 2x18 "Deathstroke"?

Summer Glau fighting scenes on Arrow. We have been waiting for this since Summer came on the show.
Tonight's episode of Arrow marked the return of Summer Glau as Isabel Rochev (we haven't seen her since episode 2.08 "The Scientist" that aired on December 4, 2013), for her fifth appearance on the show. While the episode focused on the manhunt for Slade Wilson and the search for Thea, we had quite a few intense - and ass-kicking - scenes with Isabel Rochev; most importantely, Summer Glau's character wasn't part of the B story (as it was the case in previous episodes) but was engaged in Slade's plan to take revenge on Oliver, in a completely unexpected way.

What are your thoughts about 2x18 Deathstroke?

Take on our poll and share your thoughts below.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 03:05 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

"Deathstroke" has been the best episode so far IMO. Not only do we see Isabel Rochev's true colors and the reasons behind her alliance with Slade Wilson, but also the steps leading to Deathstroke's reign and his continued objective of making Oliver Queen suffer. I can only believe that the show's only going to get better in the upcoming episodes.

Message edited by MattM - Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 03:09

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 03:31 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

One line: "It was a pleasure doing business with you, Oliver"
Well, the people who claimed that you don't hire Summer Glau and not have her kick serious ass were right after all.

I'm glad Isabel Rochev finally revealed her true face and that we find out she's working hand-in-hand with Slade Wilson. I must say fans had great expectations and they were not disappointed. While the episode focused on the manhunt for Slade Wilson and the search for Thea, we had quite a few intense - and ass-kicking - scenes with Isabel Rochev; most importantely, Summer Glau's character wasn't part of the B story (as it was the case in previous episodes) but was engaged in Slade's plan to take revenge on Oliver, in a completely unexpected way.

I have the feeling this episode was more character-centric than previous "DC Comics" episodes and that the action scenes with the Arrow (when Oliver went to free Thea) were secondary. Guggenheim was right, the show will never be the same after this episode.

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 03:45 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Isabel did mention something along the lines of "the sins of the father", which may imply that she has a personal vendetta against the Queen family. When news first broke of Summer being casted as Isabel, I recall that there was some stuff of her backstory in the comics that have been posted on this site. One of the bits in her backstory stated that she had some sort of personal relationship with Robert Queen, Oliver's father. I think that it would be interesting if the writers delved into that a bit more and reveal how Robert hurt Isabel, leading her to hold a grudge against his entire family.

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 07:37 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

Now this may be me over thinking things but, Moria said something along the lines of "was she still upset her sister got hit by that house?" A possible reference to the Wizard of Oz and as we know in TSCC the book Sarah read to John was the same. So, was that a nod to TSCC or merely a small plot point for future reference? Again I could be over thinking this but I can still dream.

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 14:06 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

Quote MattM ()
Isabel did mention something along the lines of "the sins of the father", which may imply that she has a personal vendetta against the Queen family. When news first broke of Summer being casted as Isabel, I recall that there was some stuff of her backstory in the comics that have been posted on this site. One of the bits in her backstory stated that she had some sort of personal relationship with Robert Queen, Oliver's father. I think that it would be interesting if the writers delved into that a bit more and reveal how Robert hurt Isabel, leading her to hold a grudge against his entire family.

In the DC comics, Isabel Rochev is a villain described as follow:

Isabel Rochev is from a small village in Siberia, where she lived a life of servitude ,working in a diamond mine. When the head of Queen Industries, Robert Queen, came to her village, she was inspired by the man, who she saw as a symbol of ones inner power. She fell in love with him and whilst he may or may not have loved her, she found him a great source of inspiration and vowed to make something of herself and rise from her humble status as a slave girl.

She achieved this goal when, many years later, as well as after the death of Robert Queen, she became the new CEO of Queen Industries, having brought large numbers of shares in the company, though many smaller organizations that she owned. Her goal was, and still is to make the name of Queen Industries great again, after the company had continuously lost profit and support for many years. She would soon begin to provide her own personal private security forces to Star City, as the corrupt bureaucrats of the city, who were desperate to try to keep control of the population, after hundreds were left homeless in the wake of the events of Cry For Justice. With much of Star City destroyed, Isabel soon began to increase her influence over the city and become closer to power.

Isabel is a somewhat eccentric individual and often wears a mask to hide her face. She also believes herself to be the true heir to Queen Industries and the true love of Robert Queen's life. This gives her her single minded nature and she is also know to wear the jewelry of Robert Queens wife, specifically her wedding ring. Now "The Queen" of Queen Industries, she desires nothing more than to make the company's name great again and see the disgraced son, Oliver Queen killed, by whatever means necessary.

DC Comics character Isabel Rochev

Read more: Will Arrow stick to the Comic Book Character?

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 14:35 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Quote Jason_Connor ()
Now this may be me over thinking things but, Moria said something along the lines of "was she still upset her sister got hit by that house?" A possible reference to the Wizard of Oz and as we know in TSCC the book Sarah read to John was the same. So, was that a nod to TSCC or merely a small plot point for future reference? Again I could be over thinking this but I can still dream.

You're over thinking things imo. L. Frank Baum's book "The Wonderfull Wizard of Oz" is part of the American culture and as such there's many references to it in medias such as tv shows (I wrote in this forum not so long ago it wasn't the case in France).
For example, there's also a reference to the book in The Cape, when Rollo kicked Scales' ass:
Scales: "The Yellow Brick Road is that way."
Rollo: "Say hello to Dorothy, bitch."

When Moira says "And how is Ms. Rochev these days? Still angry that Dorothy dropped a house on her sister", it's just another way of saying that she doesn't like her (understatement).

Moira's line is also a nod to Felicity's line the first time we met Isabel Rochev in Arrow 2.01 "City of Heroes": "She looks angry in every picture".

Isabel Rochev in Arrow 2.01 'City of Heroes': She looks angry in every picture

And don't be fooled, that Arrow writers keep mentioning that Isabel Rochev is "angry" is not a coincidence. In her case, it's not because of the "Mirakuru rage" but because of what Oliver's father did to Isabel's family (or whatever reason Isabel is connected to Robert Queen, and is listed in his notebook).

Date: Thursday, 2014 Apr 03, 18:22 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

great episode! Particularly liked Oliver's fight scene and Isabel's 'doing business line'! But my favourite scene showed Slade's evil triumvirate with Isabel and Sebastian now that they can be shown plotting together as Team Deathstroke to match the Team Arrow trio. I took special note of when Isabel exclaimed 'You haven't told him yet' (Slade hasn't told Sebastian why he has a Vendetta against the Queen family) which line was obviously intended to set her up as being above Blood in the hierarchy of their organisation. And now we know what she's really like she can't stay hiding in the C-plot forever, which is great news!

Date: Saturday, 2014 Apr 05, 01:49 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

Vintage performance from Summer Glau, the girl from Texas is really setting Arrow alight, awesome episode from start to finish, still think they could be a few unexpected twists from the Arrow producers, but overall another inspiring performance from Isabel Rochev, cunning or what! absolutely loved her especially the confrontation with Oliver, I got the impression Felicity was throwing daggers at Isabel when she was with Oliver.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: What did you think of Arrow 2x18 "Deathstroke"
Page 1 of 11
Search: