[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: Is Isabel Rochev working with Slade Wilson?
Poll: Is Isabel Rochev working with Slade Wilson?
Is Isabel Rochev working with Slade Wilson?
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 27 Mar 2014, 21:22 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators

It's unclear wether Isabel's move is part of Slade's revenge plan, but the point has been raised since The CW released the official description for Arrow 2.18 "Deathstroke".

OLIVER’S WORLD STARTS TO CRUMBLE — Slade (Manu Bennett) makes his move against Oliver (Stephen Amell) and the repercussions are enormous. While Oliver scrambles to protect his family, a key player in his team starts to question Oliver’s decisions. Meanwhile, Isabel (guest star Summer Glau) makes her move to take Queen Consolidated away from Oliver

The only thing we know about Isabel is that she was raised in Moscow until she was nine and then was adopted by a family that took her to America, that her name is on Oliver's father list and that she shares a history with Moira.

I have not seen the slightest hint in previous episode that could lead us to think that Isabel and Slade are allies. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they are not allies, just that we don't know that. Isabel's arc has been completely separated from the Slade Wilson or Arrow arcs so far.

But then came the description and promo photos for the "Deathstroke" episode and most importantely the preview video, in which Isabel and Oliver get into some serious fighting, as Oliver asks her where is Thea (who has been kidnapped by Slade Wilson). Oliver's angry reaction strongly suggests that Isabel's efforts to "take Queen Consolidated away from him" are somehow linked to Slade.

Wether Isabel Rochev is involved with Slade or not, it looks like Arrow's writers are slowly building a very interesting character for Summer Glau. She's up to no good, and that makes it fun and interesting to watch.

Take on our poll and share your thoughts with us.
You can choose several answers.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 29 Mar 2014, 00:47 | Message # 2
Hard to say if she works with Slade. But Oliver asking her where Thea is and their fight in the boardroom suggest she's involved in some way.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 29 Mar 2014, 14:20 | Message # 3
Remember that Moira Queen warned her son Oliver about Isabel Rochev in the season 2 premiere "City of Heroes".

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 29 Mar 2014, 16:16 | Message # 4
By arkcreative:

I'm making a Prediction!! Anyone agree or disagree?

Arrow theory: Isabel Rochev is secretly Rose Wilson/The Ravager

Respect-for-SummerDate: Sunday, 30 Mar 2014, 01:08 | Message # 5
Group: Friends
Its realy hard to say if she is working with Slade we shall wait and see. Now I have a speculation about who might work with Slade and the first clue is the black arrow used to kill Aleksi had red fletchings and I remember only one person that used that kind of arrows wich is Nyssa al Ghul

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Mar 2014, 14:52 | Message # 6
Here's what Arrow executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said in an October 2013 interview:

Summer Glau reveal coming. We met her in the season premiere, but there’s still much for the audience to learn about Summer Glau’s Isabel Rochev. “She has a surprising connection to the Queen family, which will be revealed in episode 8,” teases EP Andrew Kreisberg. “She’s not an adversary for the Arrow, she’s really an adversary for Oliver.”

Guess they have changed their plan since and decided to postpone the revelations on Isabel's backstory. Hopefully next weeks episode will give us more informations on her real motives.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Mar 2014, 15:25 | Message # 7
Isabel Rochev's backstory from the DC Universe

Isabel Rochev's backstory from the DC Universe

Will Arrow writers follow it?

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Mar 2014, 17:35 | Message # 8
Arrow episode 2.22 titled "Streets of Fire" - On Set Photo

Team Deathstroke?
Starling City gets overrun by masked army in #Arrow shoot last night

Team Deathstroke? <br /> Starling City gets overrun by masked army in Arrow shoot
Source: Canadagraphs

This "Deathstroke army" reminded me of a blog post I wrote a few months ago in which I was wondering if Arrow writers will stick with the comic book character (speaking about Isabel Rochev); I also mentioned the possibility of Isabel and Slade working together.

Arrow's Rochev arrives in Starling city under similar circumstances as her comic book doppleganger.

In the comic books, Rochev arrives in Star(ling) City right after an unnatural disaster that has left most of the city in ruins, while Arrows first season finale saw "The Glades" almost leveled after being hit by a man-made earthquake caused by Malcolm Merlyn.
Guggenheim revealed previously there will be two main villain in season two, one a physical challenge for The Hood and the other a cerebral, mental antagonist. In the comic books written by J.T. Krul , Rochev essentially privatized the law enforcement of Star City in an effort to capitalize on the chaos that resulted from the city's near destruction. That move fits the Malcolm-esque, cerebral baddie described previouly, don't you think? (it reminds me of Peter Fleming's privatization of the police forces in The Cape, btw).
When looking at the comics, we can't but note that the soldiers created by Rochev with her Defense Contract bear a striking resemblance to another villain seen in the island, Deathstroke/Slade Wilson. Could that mean that Deatstroke is connected to this private army, or even that he's leading them in present day Starling city together with Rochev?

The soldiers created by Rochev bear a striking resemblance to another villain seen in the island, Deathstroke/Slade Wilson.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Mar 2014, 23:26 | Message # 9
Charlie from Emergency Awesome Youtube channel has published a Arrow Season 2 Q&A titled "Ravager Edition". He talks Summer Glau Rose Wilson Ravager theories, Episode 18 Deathstroke, Roy Arsenal and Season 3 Villain predictions.

The fan question about Isabel Rochev is at 1:48 of the video; Charlie thinks that Summer's character could be Slade Wilson's daughter, also called "The Ravager" in DC Comics.

Slade Wilson's daughter, also called The Ravager in DC Comics

Charlie as well as many Arrow fans were wrong when they claimed Isabel could be Talia Al Ghul in disguise, so could Isabel Rochev be Rose Wilson? Hopefully this weeks episodes will give us the answer.

robboDate: Tuesday, 01 Apr 2014, 00:06 | Message # 10
# 9  Nice report Charlie interesting theories, but I would have to say the suspense is killing me, the hints are their but I"m not to sure Rose Wilson? truth be known I was kind of hoping she was gonna be on the other side of the fence, some sort of bloodline with Oliver"s father having an affair with maybe a Ukranian or Russian, hence the name "Isabel Rochev" but I think that theory has been kicked into touch. gonna be a great build up whatever the outcome. smile

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Apr 2014, 08:48 | Message # 11
The "Deathstroke" sneak peek released yesterday is intriguing because it seems Isabel Rochev is helping Oliver in finding Thea, who has been kidnapped by Slade Wilson.

In Marc Guggenheim own words"We take their relationship into some unexpected territory."

Well, the first promo trailer led fans and blogger alike to think that Slade and Isabel are connected in some way. If it turns out she's an ally to Oliver I would call that unexpected though I think that won't be the case.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 03 Apr 2014, 13:11 | Message # 12
Well, now we know!

Thank you to everyone who voted in our poll and congratulations, you guessed right! As it was revealed in the awesome episode 18 of the second season of Arrow, Isabel Rochev is working with Slade Wilson and she's engaged in Slade's plan to take revenge on Oliver.

You'll notice that Isabel Rochev was careful to mention to Oliver she was working WITH Slade and not FOR him. Rose Wilson anyone?

Summer Glau is Rose Wilson in Arrow?

Fox012Date: Friday, 04 Apr 2014, 01:56 | Message # 13
uh oh.. Isabel is more sinister then I thought... and that fight scene... nice... good episode =)

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: Is Isabel Rochev working with Slade Wilson?
Page 1 of 11
Search: