Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Is Isabel not going to make it out of the mid-season finale?
Is Isabel not going to make it out of the mid-season finale?
Is Isabel not going to make it out of the mid-season finale?
Date: Monday, 2013 Dec 02, 12:57 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Warning, spoilers ahead!

Stephen Amell spoiled on his Facebook page that someone is not going to make it out of the mid-season finale (episode 8 and 9 are the two parts of the mid-season finale). Could it be Summer Glau's character Isabel Rochev?

Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau) and Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) being more than just business partners in Arrow
Isabel Rochev (Summer Glau) and Oliver Queen (Stephen Amell) being more than
just business partners in Arrow.

Summer Glau said in an interview that Arrow producers called her for 3 episodes and that she finally filmed 5.
Since 'The Scientist' will be the 4th episode she played in, the next episode (mid season finale finale) could be her 5th and last episode.

So please take on the poll and share your thoughts with us.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Monday, 2013 Dec 02, 18:20 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

Even if Isabel seemingly doesn't make it out during the mid-season finale, I would keep an open mind on her making a reappearance at some point in time, sort of like Sarah Lance (Black Canary).

Date: Monday, 2013 Dec 02, 18:48 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Here's the comment made by Arrow fan Deadspyder88 on the topic:

Quite frankly I am at a loss as to who it can be. Here are my ideas for who it can or cannot be.

Moira: Yes she is off of death row, and yes we just learned she fathered Malcolm's daughter. However beyond the revelation that Thea is Malcolm's daughter I don't see how much more purpose Moira can serve. Sure she could stay and help Oliver run Queen Consolidated, but I think the writers rather have Oliver try to navigate those waters by himself.

Thea: I really don't see this one happening given she now has at least the temporary plot armor of being Malcolm's daughter. Why give us this shocking twist only yo kill her two episodes later?

Detective Lance: I can see this one happening. Detective Lance is now the all-around good guy, ally to the Arrow, concerned father to Laurel, and keeper of Sara's secret. I feel the writer's are going to follow canon and eventually make Laurel the Black Canary, but first they have to send her to her lowest depths. What is more tragic then your father dying and all your last encounters with him have been pushing him away when all he wanted was to help you. The good guy cop, loving father dying while helping the Arrow. With my bet Olliver revealing himself right before Detective dies, and Lance going "I knew I was right."

Lyla: I don't see her purpose beyond being Diggle's ex-wife/girlfriend. May give Diggle more motivation to help Ollie with her death. I doubt the writers do this because she is not a major cast member and doubt the audience would grieve her much, except feel sorry for Diggle.

Sara: Second showdown with the League of Assassins, somebody from the home team has to perish. Again I doubt this will happen because Laurel doesn't know that Sara is alive or what she does, so what would inspire Laurel to become the Black Canary. Also we have not seen enough Arrow/Canary team ups yet.

Isabel: I doubt this one because the character hasn't been around long enough or contributed enough for us to feel the impact of her death.

Malcolm: You don't resurrect him and kill him two episodes later

Brother Blood: Maybe Ollie takes out the bad guy in the season finale, and there is anew antagonist for the second half.

I believe Diggle, Felicity, and Roy are safe and warrant no explanation.

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Dec 03, 00:46 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

# 3  Great comment and a very Intriguing article from Arrow fan Deadspyder88), Firstly Is Stephen Amell allowed to leak information about the show in that sort of way I know he hasn"t exactly pointed in any way, or any clues who it may be that is departing from the mid-season finale, I would have thought the Arrow writers and producers would have been tight lipped about the departure, not unless he had a few to many drinks and was a bit merry, seems to be a common policy in these mid-season finales where they have to kill somebody off, not unless they just put all the names in a hat and just pick one out at random, I actually can"t think of anybody that they should or needs to be killed of in Arrow, so in a sense its a bit of a puzzle who it maybe, The current cast is surely needed for a season three been through the list with a fine-tooth-comb, I suppose for a season three storyline I would have to go for the comment on Detective Lance, seen as though Laurel is being transformed into The Black Canary, maybe a double Canary with her sister, or maybe she will teach Laurel with her combat skills, The thing with Brother Blood is he has the potential to be a thorn in Ollie"s side, whether they want to take that further into season three is another matter, I don"t think we have seen what capabilities he has or what maybe he can do for that matter, looks like its a roll of the dice with the cast unfortunately.

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Dec 03, 00:58 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
seen as though Laurel is being transformed into The Black Canary, maybe a double Canary with her sister, or maybe she will teach Laurel with her combat skills,

Olicity fans have started a campaign to get rid of Laurel Lance, since the character and Green Arrow divorced in the most recent comics. With Laurel out of the equation, that would leave the field open for Oliver and Felicity's romance biggrin

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Dec 03, 01:23 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

# 5  I must admit I"m in the camp of the Olicity fans get rid of Laurel, she can be painstakingly boring at times ye just wanna climb inside the television and give her a good shake, you can feel the vibes soon as you see Oliver & Felicity together, deep down I think he loves her at the moment too many complications that are in the way, but sooner rather than later its Odds-On they will get together further down the line. lets be honest they have great chemistry, love is in the air. wink

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Dec 04, 04:37 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
Quote robbo ()seen as though Laurel is being transformed into The Black Canary, maybe a double Canary with her sister, or maybe she will teach Laurel with her combat skills,
Olicity fans have started a campaign to get rid of Laurel Lance, since the character and Green Arrow divorced in the most recent comics. With Laurel out of the equation, that would leave the field open for Oliver and Felicity's romance
Fat chance of that. Not until Isabel is in the game.:D 
I would bet on Sara or Flash even... :P 

I don't know but I think that Laurel's mother will bite the dust more than anyone else in the line. She isn't that much of a regular character, so why she would return if she doesn't have some important part to play. Or maybe Stephen was teasing, in case the finale ends with s/o badly hurt that will be considered as good as dead, and returns in part two. I don't think so at least,  but it's a possibility. If it's not the mother it must be Slade. If Slade turning into Deathstroke counts, or if Arrow kills him, tho they continue the island storyline. More importantly,what does "Not everyone will pull it through" means. 

Malcolm is excluded to be the one, due to the ep seems centered on Blood's new bf/gf super soldier. I don't see how they will actually drop Malcolm in it for a short 5 sec death, maybe an unlucky pedestrian case. 

Diggle, tempting in reality, but quite less possibly in the show. 

Felicity, plot-wise why not, but unless CW are trying to ruin their rating I doubt that. :P 

Moira has high stakes, but the whole beware of Isabel, I know a secret thing is just not gonna allow that. 

Thea and Roy are rock solid. We don't have to play idiots, plus Malcolm lost his son and now he loses his newly found daughter who was perfectly fine before the fact was known. That guy cursed or something. 

Oliver, would be great and in fact might happen. Though won't be what everyone will expect. wink

Shado, hopefully not. Besides there won't be anyone to carry Oliver's illegitimate child. 

Unless it's some new guy, like Flash that just passes bye and doesn't makes it back to where ever he came from. 

I can continue thinking the whole night but I really gotta put some clothes cause tis freezing here.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Dec 04, 04:41 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

I've just took a shower incase some one got the "wrong" impression. wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Is Isabel not going to make it out of the mid-season finale?
Page 1 of 11
Search: