MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By KevinInEngland

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at Rhode Island Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: Is Isabel Rochev Talia al Ghul in disguise?
Poll: Is Isabel Rochev Talia al Ghul in disguise?
Is Isabel Rochev Talia al Ghul in disguise?
Date: Friday, 2013 Nov 08, 17:22 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Since Ra's al Ghul disciple Al-Owal mentioned "the child of Ra's al Ghul" in Arrow episode five "League of Assassins", we are hearing rumors that Summer Glau's character in Arrow Isabel Rochev is secretly Ra's daughter Talia al Ghul (see image below).

Is Summer Glau secretly playing Talia al Ghul in Arrow?
Is Summer Glau secretly playing Talia al Ghul in Arrow?

You can read a detailed Blog post on the topic, that reviews all the hints left by Arrow writers and allows you to forge your own opinion. We're eager to hear what you think about this interesting plot twist, so please take on the poll and share your thoughts with us.

Wether Isabel Rochev is Talia al Ghul in disguise or not, it looks like Arrow's writers are slowly building a very interesting character for Summer Glau. She's up to no good, and that makes it fun and interesting to watch.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2013 Nov 10, 14:01 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

Its an interesting theory and it will be awesome to see Summer kick some ass as Talia but Isabel seems to care in her own way about Oliver or Robert because if you see this clip Arrow 2x04 'Crucible' - Clip 2 from second 33 to 40 you will understand what I am saying.
And one question : Why Talia whould care about The Queens when she loves Bruce Wayne ?

Message edited by Respect-for-Summer - Sunday, 2013 Nov 10, 14:11

Date: Sunday, 2013 Nov 10, 16:38 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Quote Respect-for-Summer ()
And one question : Why Talia whould care about The Queens when she loves Bruce Wayne ?

You're refering to the Talia from the comic books but Arrow writers might decide to write another story for "our" Isabel Rochev.

We know there's a plot twist regarding Arrow's Isabel Rochev, related to the Queens family, that will be revealed in episode 8.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Nov 13, 11:54 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

Online bloggers have asked Summer Glau about these fan speculations in interviews; here's Summer's answer:

IGN: Before we go, there's a question a lot of fans are curious about. I don't think the answer is yes, but I have to ask it... Now that they've mentioned Ra's al Ghul and his child, people are speculating that Isabel is also Talia al Ghul. Anything you can say about that theory?

Glau: I have heard that theory, but I don't know... I really don't know any of the secrets about what's going to happen after this last episode that I was in. I wish I could help unveil some more secrets, but they keep them from me too!

Date: Thursday, 2013 Nov 14, 12:05 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

There's a darker side to Isabel Rochev than just the savior of Queen Consolidated. Episode 2x06 give us a bit of Isabel's backstory and I'm sure the speculations on Isabel being Talia will continue.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Nov 20, 10:12 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

On the "child of Ras's al Ghul" front, Spartacus alum Katrina Law has been tapped to play Ra's al Ghul's other progeny, Nyssa al Ghul. Read more in the Arrow thread.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Nov 20, 15:29 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

10 Reasons Why I Think Isabel Rochev is Actually Talia al Ghul, by theapplefour

10 Reasons Why I Think Isabel Rochev is Actually Talia al Ghul

There are several reasons why I think this Isabel Rochev is Talia al Ghul.

1. Because nothing in ARROW is at it seems.
2. There is an episode late in Season 1 in which Fryers phones into an office somewhere in the world. There is a woman sitting in a conference room with her back to us, she doesn’t speak. We only know it is a woman when she crosses/uncrosses her legs. Then a few episodes later Isabel turns up, coincidence? I think not.
3. Ep2.01 Moira knows of Isabel Rochev - she says that she is not to be trusted.
4. A feeling, that is all i can say. Others too think that this is the case.
5. She seems to know more about Oliver Queen than someone might normally know. There is something very mysterious about Isabel.
6. It’s even more suspicious that her sister is now going to be turning up in Starling City in later episodes of season 2,
7. Isabel Rochev is on the List. So why would Robert put an ex-lover on the list?
8. The creators stated recently that they never mention a name and then not to have them appear. So we can expect Ra’s al Ghul to appear as well at some point.
9. When creating ARROW the creators took inspiration from several sources, one of which is The Dark Knight series (Batman Begins). (NB: Batman is a DC Comic character) Interestingly in the third instalment of the movie, The Dark Knight Rises - Batman is taken in by Miranda Tate (played by Marion Cotillard) who is a member of the Wayne Enterprises executive board who encourages a still-grieving Bruce Wayne to rejoin with society and continue his father’s philanthropic works. Later on in the movie, While the police and Bane’s forces clash, Batman defeats Bane, but Tate intervenes and stabs Batman, revealing herself to be Talia al Ghul, Ra’s al Ghul’s daughter. (Does some of this plot line sound familiar, hmmm). Another prediction, can we expect Isabel/Talia to stab Oliver Queen in the future, as the creators nod to this movie?
10. Summer Glau looks very much like Talia al Ghul from the comics.

Date: Monday, 2013 Dec 16, 23:29 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

Newsrama article says Summer Glau's character on Arrow might be none other than Ravager!

Summer Glau on 2x06 ' Keep Your Enemies Closer' HD Captures

Who is Isabel Rochev really?

While the mere mention of Ra’s ah Ghul was enough to send season one Big Bad Malcom Meryln running, the Demon’s Head might have already had a more tangible presence on Arrow via Summer Glau’s corporate shark character Isabel Rochev, who many have speculated is really Talia ah Ghul, in a Dark Knight Rises-like twist. However, the reveal of a corporate suited (rather than body armored) Slade Wilson in the modern timeline might throw water on that theory. Ra’s isn’t the only villain with a child; it’s possible that Isabel Rochev is instead really Slade’s daughter Rose Wilson. An Isabel is a type of Rose after all.

Since Slade’s plan was to take everything away from Oliver and that would include his family’s company, in comes Rochev who nearly accomplished this. Despite failing to take over Queen Industries, she has stuck close to him Oliver gathering information and as seen in during Team Arrow’s adventure in Russia, driving a wedge between Oliver and Felicity.

Naturally all of this is pure speculation, but its these little details that keep up watching these shows after all, and looking for the next little clue.

I'd say it's unlikely. Isabel Rochev said in Arrow 2.06: "I was raised in Moscow until I was nine. And then adopted by a family that took me to America."

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » Poll: Is Isabel Rochev Talia al Ghul in disguise?
Page 1 of 11
Search: