To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » What did you think of Arrow 2x03 'Broken Dolls'?
What did you think of Arrow 2x03 'Broken Dolls'?
What did you think of Arrow 2x03 'Broken Dolls'?
Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 24, 16:33 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev may not have been in the third episode of the second season of Arrow but I hope everyone watched the episode.

What are your thoughts about Arrow 2×03 "Broken Dolls"?

What did you think of Arrow 2x03 'Broken Dolls'?<

Is this the beginning of a beautiful friendship between Officer Quentin Lance and Arrow aka Oliver Queen? Do you think Laurel Lance (Katie Cassidy) will stop her manhunt for The Hood/Vigilante (Stephen Amell) now?
Take on our poll and share your thoughts below.

Side note: Summer Glau is coming back in the fourth episode of this season of The CW hit show Arrow. Check out an extended promo for this exciting episode and tune in to The CW next Wednesday at 8pm for an all new episode of Arrow.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 24, 17:53 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

I liked the ep....esp with Black Canary  now showing up to help out !!
Still cannot stand Laurel...she is a pain !!
Felicity and Oliver really need to connect  smile

Hmmm.... Yeah...Thinking makes my brain hurt ;)

Date: Saturday, 2013 Oct 26, 00:25 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

what more can I say but yes another awesome episode, just love The Black Canary she was wicked, what a entry to save the hood, from the end of the last episode I thought how on earth is he gonna get out of that room without being revealed, and then wow The Black Canary with her sonic-sound deafening equipment, never in this world saw that coming I don`t think the hood did either, another power-packed episode, Laurel how close was that, Interesting to see which side of the fence Black Canary `Caity Lotz` is sitting on, the way Broken Dolls went it was much appreciated by the hood, very Interesting at the end. next week Summer Glau awesome.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Oct 26, 22:20 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

This week was an excellent episode of Arrow and probably raised the bar for the second season, thanks to a great villain and so many twists (Laurel changing his mind on the Arrow and Tommy's death, Officer Lance working with The Arrow,...).
The introduction of Black Canary was great and better done than with Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev imo; of course ass kicking characters have more appeal than those who aren't, also Arrow writers put a lot of mystery to the character from the get-go and that mention of Ra's al Ghul was brilliant (and not only for Batman or Comic book fans).

I wish they had given more plot or background to Isabel Rochev. Hopefully it will be addressed in the upcoming episodes. Can't wait for the return of Summer Glau in next week episode of Arrow.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 27, 04:02 GMT | Message # 5

Writer

This week's episode was a big step above last week's episode as the writer's didn't over stuff the story. Nice introduction for Black Canary, though it was fairly obvious by last week's cliffhanger that the writer's had planned for this very means of introducing the character. In one trailer I saw for next week, it looks like Black Canary may reveal her identity to Arrow, though you can never be certain as edits for trailers are often times misleading. I'm really anticipating what the writer's do with her character this season.

I found it interesting how Oliver spent nearly the entire episode in his Green Arrow costume. I think its a first. You have to begin to wonder, where does Oliver get his leather suit dry cleaned? They must be either the most non curious people or the least intelligent not to put two and two together. Which brings me around to Police Officer Lance. I can't believe he did not once look at the Hood's profile and not ask himself, where have I seen that bearded chin before? Just last week, Oliver's entire face was lit up by the police car cruiser's headlights, and no amount of face paint is going to disguise his features on the video captured on the dashboard camera's of the police cruiser's. Now that Oliver has met Black Canary, I think he better find out where she got her face mask and order one for himself before someone gets smart. A guy running around wearing an extra deep hood and little paint on his face isn't going far to hide one's features. You can't always rely on your face being in deep shadow. What's he going to do if he has to run a mission during the day? Hold his arm over his face? smile

Though I like to see Oliver playing more of the hero this season and less of a vigilante, I wouldn't want to see his character abandon the list of name's altogether. There should be few missions which either reveal a connection to the list or is the result of that list. I did like how Officer Lance asked Arrow for help in this episode. At first it started out capturing and putting a dangerous criminal back behind bars, which later escalated into a rescue of himself and his daughter Laurel. Nice twist at the end how after Arrow incapacitated the criminal, following his new rule of not killing unless absolutely necessary, then the Black Canary killed him with a dart to the head. Nice confession from Laurel at the end of the episode, how it was her fault for Tommy even being in the Glades, let alone killed, and she'd been unnecessarily blaming the Hood ever since. Best acting I seen from her since the series began. However I still don't like how they write Laurel's character nor her performance in general. I might forgive the writing if they had a better actress in the role. I haven't liked her since the series begun. No performance from her face or body, wooden, relies too much on the scripted words.

I enjoyed Roy's outing in this episode. Though, I would have liked seeing him asking around a bit more before stumbling across the girl who did know Black Canary, or at least some suggestion he had been asking around more, but I imagine that was due to time constraints. Only so many minutes in an episode. Good chase scene and I like how he "ran into" Black Canary in the clock tower. smile Though I know it wasn't the same set, it reminded me of the Watchtower set from Smallville. Interesting how at the end of the episode they had the "Dark Archer" show up to ask Black Canary to return to the League of Assassin's, only for him to remove his hood and for it to be some unknown Asian guy. Nice tease of the public who have been anticipating John Barrowman's return since it was leaked he would be back, though no one knows if it will be in the form of a flashback or in the flesh. Given Malcolm Merlyn's and Sarah Lance's connection to the league, I'm suspecting it will be the form of a flashback should she tell Oliver her story. I'm hoping if that is the case, it will be the catalyst for Oliver going back to his father's book.

I thought the story of what took place on the island seemed very poorly scripted. I mean really, like Shado wouldn't think on her own "to get the hell out of here" as soon as the bombs started coming down around the plane. I know Oliver is still a bit of an idiot at that stage of his story, but clearly he should realize she will have moved on long before he ever gets down the mountain and through the woods to the airplane. The writer's could have just as easily written Oliver and the others being captured, just as he and Slade find Shado hiding in some trees watching the bombing. Three darts fired by unknown assailants, everyone goes down, then Oliver can wake up later alone, in the cage in the hold of the ship, with no idea of what happened to the others.

Overall, an excellent romp for Arrow fans, though I'm still finding the quality of the writing lagging behind season 1. There's no sense of any direction or progression to the story. Oliver is a CEO now, there has to be some sign of his new responsibilities are making an impact on his time and actions as the Arrow and vice versa, like we saw in season 1 how his life with his family & friends and his life as the Hood would often create conflicts. So far it feels like the writing team is going through the motions. Their careful crafting of a compelling story is lacking this season. I don't know when they began writing scripts for season 2, but I think several weeks of vetting would have been nice before they started shooting.

Don't let my harsh criticism make you think I don't like the show. In fact I love the show. I want it to live up to its promise so it will be on TV for a good 5-7 seasons. That's why I'm being tough on it now. First season out, you expect some flaws. There were some, though I didn't have any complaints on writing. Unfortunately for season 2, it feels like they replaced the entire writing team. I can't tell you how much I hate being harsh with my criticism, but I'd rather be honest than not.

Story set in present day, 8/10. Story set on the island, 3/10.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Sunday, 2013 Oct 27, 04:23

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 27, 08:25 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

Quote The1Russter ()
I wouldn't want to see his character abandon the list of name's altogether.

The list of names was connected to Malcolm Merlyn's undertaking and this story arc is over, there's no reason to get back to it anymore.
Though, we know John Barrowman is coming back in season 2, probably in a dream or flashback sequence or a scene with supervillain Ra's al Ghul. Also, the writers have said they will address why Isabel Rochev's name was on that list. But that's all. Arrow writers have said they follow a Whedon-esque one season villain arc and the story must move on to new stories and new villains.

Quote The1Russter ()
Best acting I seen from her since the series began.

This is not because she had a scene inwhich she cried that it's necessarily well played. Katie Cassidy has a problem with her breathing that doesn't match the emotional state of the character and the line she says; there's Art Schools to learn to master that...or you're a natural like Summer Glau. Not to mention that her face looks weird since she had surgery during the Summer break and decided to had her double chin removed; to the point that many people didn't recognize her in the season premiere.

Quote The1Russter ()
There's no sense of any direction or progression to the story.

I disagree with you when you say that it looks like the writing team has changed from season 1 to season 2.
There aren’t many other shows on which the executive producers have as many writing credits as Guggenheim, Andrew Kreisberg, and Greg Berlanti have on Arrow. This consistent input is, for me, one of the biggest reasons this show is so solid week to week.
They have added 3 regular characters this season and we're still at an early stage of their developpment (Oliver is still not Green Arrow, Roy is not red Arrow,...), plus there's the island scenes. It's not like Grey's Anatomy where everything is confined in a single space and time.

One thing I don't like very much is the complete 180's of the characters from one episode to the other, such as Laurel blaming the Hood and then forgiving him the next episode; this is not specific to Arrow but to The CW as a whole (I'm looking at you The Vampire Diaries). It's very funny to see fans complaining on every platform that Laurel is so selfish, blah, blah...whereas we know that she will change her mind the next episode. But as I said, this is how they write characters on The CW and I don't belong to the targeted age demo (Women 18-34), so.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 27, 11:23 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

I skipped season 1 and started with the Episode 2 of season 2 which frankly was pretty violent for my taste the "hoods"  reminded me of Continuum's Liber8 but with the sole difference that Liber8 are less violent then those from Arrow..  summer of course was stunning  Episode 3 was for my enjoyment less violent besides that doll maker who suffocates his victims with a Liquid Polymer which is kinda cruel besides Summer there are some decent nice female characters (f.e Katie Cassidy) in the show..

what I noticed over the episodes is the lady that sits on the computers in Arrow's hidden HQ and feeds Arrow with Information (I'm bad with names) she is always nicely dressed...

In her I see some analogy's  to A) Alec From Continuum Feeding Kiera with information through her CMR and B ) Summer Feeding The Cape with information not to mention that they all sit in front of a computer feeding information to the hero's from a far and w/o them our hero's would be screwed (Especial Kiera in Continuum)

I'm not sure if I watch further even if I liked the show somehow...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Sunday, 2013 Oct 27, 11:29

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 27, 16:43 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

Quote Fox012 ()
I'm not sure if I watch further even if I liked the show somehow...

Well, you're always welcome to give your opinion on the trailers or the production stills or the clips. The more discussion and buzz around the show, the better.

Date: Sunday, 2013 Oct 27, 17:04 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

Sure thing chris =)

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » What did you think of Arrow 2x03 'Broken Dolls'?
Page 1 of 11
Search: