To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » What did you think of Arrow 2x02 'Identity'?
What did you think of Arrow 2x02 'Identity'?
What did you think of Arrow 2x02 'Identity'?
Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 17, 15:37 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev wasn't in the second episode of the second season of Arrow but I hope everyone loves the show enough to watch all episodes.

Diggle, Felicity and Oliver in Arrow 2x02 'Identity'

Did you enjoy the episode? Take on our poll and share your thoughts with us.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 17, 16:49 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

There was a lot going on at the same time in this episode; a new enemy, an old enemy returning, a potential new enemy (Sebastian Blood), a new mystery on the island but without one thing to focus on (except maybe that Oliver and the vigilante are not loved very much).

Also it seems that Felicity's changes in her character are a bit forced; like the fact that she now accepts that the Hood has to be a killer sometimes, in last episode or the fact that she yelled at Oliver about Laurel.

Bronze Tiger received the same kind of brief, basic introduction that other comic characters such as Isabel Rochev have had in previous episode. We know next to nothing about him or Isabel. Hopefully, we'll lean more about both of them in upcoming episodes.

I'm glad the writers opted for a cliffhanger at the end of the episode, it leaves the audience wanting for more and generates more buzz.

Also why weren't Oliver and Diggle allowed to have a man hug?

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 17, 22:09 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

awesome episode as always plenty of action, lots of different characters that are slowly being introduced as the season progresses, great to see China White back in her kick-ass mode, but has she been arrested and did Bronze Tiger escape after his confrontation with the hood, excellent fight scenes between the two of them, Oliver and Shado getting down to removing their clothing never saw that coming, Felicity seem to be in a yelling mood giving Oliver a piece of her mind, Laurel seems to be changing a lot intent on revenge over the death of Tommy, she is usually quite laid back but the only thing on her mind at the moment is bringing the hood to justice, but overall another awesome episode from the writers of Arrow, and what about that cliffhanger how on earth is he gonna weave his way out of this one, crafty Laurel what a minx, It`s gonna happen surely Oliver and Diggle embracing each other, go on guys you can do it Felicity wont mind just this once. roll on episode three cant wait.

Date: Friday, 2013 Oct 18, 01:56 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

going back to the episode `Identity` back on the Island in the cave a few Japanese troops were found, I wonder if those bodies will lead up to a storyline, possibly in a future episode, anybody notice how tight Felicity`s dress was she looks amazing, I think Felicity is gonna step-up and be the highlight of the season, season one was amazing, only two episodes in and season two has been awesome, all we need now is Summer back.

Date: Friday, 2013 Oct 18, 02:16 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

More Micheal Jai White plz! Wasn't even a proper fight scene! Isn't that why they cast HIM in the first place?! Hopefully next time I guess, but I'm not really having those handcuffing arrows, simply don't buy it at all. The Tazer dart is OK, I can believe that, but to handcuff a person while they are fighting, with some gadget arrow? NAH! And fair enough he's trying to take the crims down without killing them but why use implausible handcuff arrows when you could maybe use tranquilizers on a normal arrow or something?! Whatever, I just hope they don't get used in any more episodes because I find it really dumb.

Still a good episode, and really liked the ending!

Message edited by PurpleHayes - Friday, 2013 Oct 18, 02:21

Date: Friday, 2013 Oct 18, 03:57 GMT | Message # 6

Writer

Not a good episode. The writer's tried doing too much once again, but unlike 2x01 this time the story suffered for it. The gradual build up of careful layering of additional details from one episode to the next is gone from this season.

The fight scenes weren't well done and the back story on the island had the barest semblance of being related to the present day story until the very final scene gave sense to Slade's warning to Oliver.

And Really! After the first, unseen, FEMA truck carrying medical supplies was taken, either state police or the National Guard would have been protecting the next shipments. They could have even flown them in by helicopter. The central part of Identity's story was not well thought out and I can't believe the objections I have to it weren't brought up in the writer's room.

As far as Arrow going back to visit Laurel once again at the end...groan...that was so unnecessary and sets Oliver up as being a rather stupid superhero. How could he not to realize his former girlfriend would lay in a trap for him next time considering how hostile she is toward him. The smart thing would have been to approach her from someplace neutral and outdoors like he did in season 1. And Really! Is Oliver so stupid as to not realize an entire swat team was waiting for him inside the office building.

The worse story thus far in the series. And I really love Season 1. So far I'm not that impressed with season 2. It feels like the writer's are trying too hard to meet expectations instead of relying on what got them through season 1.

EDIT:
I stumbled across this review this morning. He makes some very good points about what was wrong with this episode. Though I don't agree with his assessment regarding Felicity throughout the series, I think he made an excellent point regarding her character in this episode. As far as Laurel and Roy goes, he's spot on.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Friday, 2013 Oct 18, 16:42

Date: Friday, 2013 Oct 18, 11:32 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Thanks for your sharp review of this episode The1Russter.

Obviously, this episode suffers from several inconsistencies and while I usually don't mind as long as it serves the plot, the episode was weakened by them in this case. The poll's answers reflect that opinion.

While the stated objective of this fansite is to support Summer Glau's work, we also cherish freedom of speech. This is why I'm glad different opinions on this episodes can co-exist.

Paradoxically, the mixed reviews are not reflected by this episode's ratings. Boosted by the awesome season premiere 'City of Heroes' and rave online reviews, the second episode of Arrow scored a 1.1 rating in the 18-49 age demographics, with 3.06 million total viewers. You can read a detailed report on the ratings in the Blog section).

Allow me to reproduce my advices to support the show and help it get better ratings:

If you want to help the show get the best possible ratings, it's best if you watch it LIVE at 8pm and DVR the other shows sharing the same timeslot; if you recorded it, it's best if you watch it the same day (instead of watching it 1 or 2 days later). Of course, feel free to spread the word about the greatness of the show around you and on social networks such as Twitter or Facebook. Even if you don't live in the US, speaking about the show on social networks will help to generate and amplify the buzz, all the more so networks have tools to measure the online activity surrounding a show.

Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev's comes back in episode four, 'Crucible', and hopefully in episode three.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » What did you think of Arrow 2x02 'Identity'?
Page 1 of 11
Search: