[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » What is Isabel connection to the Queen family?
What is Isabel connection to the Queen family?
What is Isabel Rochev connection to the Queen family?
chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013, 19:57 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
We met her in the season premiere, but there’s still much for the audience to learn about Summer Glau’s Isabel Rochev. Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said in a recent interview that “She has a surprising connection to the Queen family, which will be revealed in episode 8.” I wonder what it is all about.

What is Isabel Rochev connection to the Queen family?

DC Wikia's description of Isabel Rochev might be of help, even if we know that Arrow writers don't stick to the comic book character.

Isabel Rochev is from a small village in Siberia, where she lived a life of servitude ,working in a diamond mine. When the head of Queen Industries, Robert Queen, came to her village, she was inspired by the man, who she saw as a symbol of ones inner power. She fell in love with him and whilst he may or may not have loved her, she found him a great source of inspiration and vowed to make something of herself and rise from her humble status as a slave girl.

She achieved this goal when, many years later, as well as after the death of Robert Queen, she became the new CEO of Queen Industries, having brought large numbers of shares in the company, though many smaller organizations that she owned. Her goal was, and still is to make the name of Queen Industries great again, after the company had continuously lost profit and support for many years. She would soon begin to provide her own personal private security forces to Star City, as the corrupt bureaucrats of the city, who were desperate to try to keep control of the population, after hundreds were left homeless in the wake of the events of Cry For Justice. With much of Star City destroyed, Isabel soon began to increase her influence over the city and become closer to power.

Isabel is a somewhat eccentric individual and often wears a mask to hide her face. She also believes herself to be the true heir to Queen Industries and the true love of Robert Queen's life. This gives her her single minded nature and she is also know to wear the jewelry of Robert Queens wife, specifically her wedding ring. Now "The Queen" of Queen Industries, she desires nothing more than to make the company's name great again and see the disgraced son, Oliver Queen killed, by whatever means necessary.

Take on our poll and feel free to post a comment explaining your choice or suggest another possibility!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013, 20:01 | Message # 2
I think that Isabel's mother had an affair with Oliver Queen's father, Robert and that Isabel is the fruit of their love. Which means Isabel would be Oliver and Thea's half-sister.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013, 20:31 | Message # 3
From @Th3_D0c70R:

She is a Terminator who jumped shows to survive and thrive and take over the world!!!

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013, 21:02 | Message # 4
From Syberz on Reddit:

My guess is that she's the bastard child of Robert Queen. We already know that he was unfaithful, so it would fit.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013, 22:48 | Message # 5
From Andrey Cristian on Facebook:

things will become very interesting if she is Oliver half sister because Moira once said that Robert wasn't always faithful towards her

robboDate: Wednesday, 16 Oct 2013, 23:42 | Message # 6
Group: Friends
omg, just imagine Isabel being Oliver and Thea`s half-sister, how cool and brilliant that would be, Episode 8, what a night that is gonna be for the Queens family, great story line from the Arrow producers, with the outcome of whatever happens in Episode 8, I think Robert Queen looked a bit of a playboy, he looks as though he could charm the women, what a season.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 2013, 00:11 | Message # 7
I have a limited imagination, contrarily to Arrow writers, this is why this poll offers only 3 options. If you can come up with a brilliant idea, please let us know smile

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 17 Oct 2013, 09:06 | Message # 8
From ardx on reddit:

I presume that, in the comics, Isabel is closer to Robert's age than Oliver's age. This makes the "love of her life" part suspect. However, I think there's a good chance the "surprising connection" is Robert.
The description mentions hundreds being left homeless after some catastrophe. It's possible that the Undertaking will be substituting for this. As a result, we may see a plotline where she implements her own security forces.
She is described as being genuinely committed to Queen Industries. I didn't get that vibe in the first episode, but it is totally possible that she is acts that way because she just doesn't like Oliver, for reasons possibly similar to those in the description.
I think it would be the best mix of plausible and interesting if Isabel was Robert's protege, and as a result, she knows some of Robert's dirty little secrets.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 18 Oct 2013, 15:43 | Message # 9
From clain4671 on Reddit:

My predictions:
She will play a role similar to obedia stane from marvel (Jeff bridges in iron man), stealing queen through questionable means (not the league of shadows, thats too close to TDKR).
The connection is going to be that she is part of the queen family, but as ollies cousin, the daughter of a long lost sibling to robert

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 20 Oct 2013, 16:05 | Message # 10
Depending on the nature of the connection of Isabel Rochev with the Queen family, she will be a love interest for Oliver or not.

Meanwhile, one cannot deny that those two have already great chemistry.

It's even more blatant when looking at the teaser video for episode 2x04.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 31 Oct 2013, 13:38 | Message # 11
Group: Friends
Yes, I think the writers need to alter the script from the DC comic version because it is clear to see that Isabel is closer to Oliver's age in appearance.  Hence the Felicity jealous streak.
I agree that she is probably Robert & who?'s daughter, except for one discrepancy.
How could she have been working in the Siberian mines, if she was Robert Queen's daughter? My guess is that whoever he impregnated, was an ordinary Siberian woman, who vowed to tell her daughter Isabel, who her father was when she grew up.
Isabel, being strong like her father, took whatever means necessary to rise up.  Certainly a good reason for her to hate and even see him killed on board the 'Queen's Gambit' (ironically named after a TSCC episode).

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 05 May 2014, 11:14 | Message # 12
Well, I guess the majority of us were wrong.

It was revelead in Arrow 2.19 "The Man Under The Hood" that Isabel Rochev had an affair with Oliver's father Robert when she was an intern at Queen Consolidated.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » What is Isabel connection to the Queen family?
Page 1 of 11
Search: