MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By KevinInEngland

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at Rhode Island Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » What did you think of Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes'?
What did you think of Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes'?
What did you think of Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes'
Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 03:30 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

Let us know what you think about the season two premiere of Arrow and especially about Summer's addition to the show as the intriguing Isabel Rochev.

What did you think of Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes'

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 04:36 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

Just got done watching the season premiere of Arrow, and I thought it was a good way to start the season. Summer Glau did a great job playing as Isabelle Rochev, Oliver Queen's rival in taking over Queen Consolidated. Of course, it is implied that Isabelle is more dangerous than the no-nonsense, all-business woman she appears to be. I just can't shake the curiosity of seeing how dangerous she can be. Guess I'll keep watching.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 13:15 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Overall that was a great season opener and it bodes well for the rest of the season.

Summer Glau put in a good performance as Isabel Rochev. I'm very well aware that boardroom scenes are not what tv watchers expect the most from a sci-fi show based on a comic book character; they want to see Oliver Queen don the hood.
Kudos to Arrow's writers for including a fight within the boardroom and providing Summer Glau with a more mature role.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 10, 13:37 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

what an episode, such a great start for season 2 of Arrow, so much action didn`t no which way to look, I thought the episode was quite emotional and highly charged, with all the cast getting back into the swing of things, as for Isabel Rochev such an exciting start for Summer, for the rest of the season, I think Oliver has his hands full she is not to be messed with, eye contact showed I thought maybe they look as tho they want to get to know each other, but as Oliver was reminded do not trust that woman, but they might just be something on the horizon with Oliver and Isabel who knows, foe or enemy season 2 of arrow will keep us on our toes and on the edge of our seat.

Date: Friday, 2013 Oct 11, 16:37 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Excerpt from a Arrow 2.01 'City Of Heroes' review posted at cinema blend

"You aren't at all what people say about you."

Dig and Felicity can't convince him to come back to Starling City to be the vigilante, but mention of both the family and family business being in trouble was enough to get him home. His drive through the Glades upon his return shows the devastation and has the first bit of character foreshadowing with a piece of graffiti telling people to 'Vote Blood.' Shortly after hinting at Kevin Alejandro's upcoming appearance, Ollie meets one of the other off-season additions in Summer Glau's Isabel Rochev. Rochev is a character from the DCU but it's unclear how she will work her way into the action and not just the business dealings. You don't cast Summer Glau and not have her kick some ass, right? Right?! At the moment, she's just a hostile executive at Stellmoor International trying to takeover controlling interest in Queen Industries.

The business woes weren't exactly thrilling, with the dispute playing out exactly how you'd except, but it did allow for an efficient introduction of Glau's Rochev. She's a mysterious character. I mean, who reacts to a group of men with machine guns interrupting a business meeting by reasserting an intent to 'win' the race for Queen Industries stock? Someone who has seen their share of guns and isn't afraid to mix it up in that world. There was also a bit of a spark between her and Ollie at episode's end, I wonder if the partnership will go from the professional to the personal? The troubles at Queen Industries also allowed for the scene between Ollie his mom in prison to have a little more punch than simply being a melodramatic reunion scene (like the one between Moira and Thea a little later) as well as re-introduce 'White Knight' Walter Steele. Speaking of 'White Knights,' this is probably a good time to mention how Arrow continues to be the small-screen version of The Dark Knight.

Summer Glau as mysterious Isabel Rochev in Arrow 2x01 City of Heroes

Date: Saturday, 2013 Oct 12, 03:50 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

I thought this was a great episode, action packed for sure! But I also liked the character driven scenes very much.
Gotta say that I almost wet myself at the thought that Summer might have been the mystery blonde vigilante but on second thoughts (and some reading on this forum) I think it's pretty clear that it isn't, but still an interesting plot development!
And then seeing Laurel take out that 'Hood'! -An exciting start for her character to become a little more 'super' tongue
I think this show is really picking up now! and obviously having Summer on the B-team can't hurt!
But really I would love to see her seriously kicking some ass once again, like for instance in a role such as those offered in the current poll, something Superhero-ey...Whedon-ey...Avengers-ey ;P :)))

Date: Monday, 2013 Oct 14, 17:16 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Technically, Summer Glau could very well make a guest apperance in ABC's SHIELD, but I think that seing her in two superhero tv show at the same time would be confusing for the networks. I hope I'm wrong though biggrin

Date: Thursday, 2013 Oct 17, 11:28 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

ARROW s2 ep1 recap by SIRI "city of heroes" top5 wrong with plus comic stuff

SIRI watches ARROW for the first time; these are her reactions.
recap / review by SIRI of CW's TV series ARROW based on comic superhero Green Arrow. top 5 things wrong with ARROW season2, episode1 "city of heroes," plus all the missing comic book stuff they leave out of every episode.

Date: Monday, 2013 Oct 21, 21:22 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

I just watched the first season again and started on season 2 and now I am confused about something in this episode.

When the copycat vigilantes go to raid the club looking for Oliver, and threaten to begin executing hostages until he shows himself, Roy tackles one of them to the ground and then starts grappling with a second who is still holding a gun. He throws the man down then appears shocked looking at something, which when it cuts we see is the mans glove and then it cuts again and the man is rolling on the floor screaming in pain holding his hand because all the fingers of his right hand have somehow been severed.

How did that happen? The clip is at about 25.00 if anybody cares to take a second look.

Date: Monday, 2013 Oct 21, 21:38 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

Ref #9
One of the hood copycats wears a prosthaetic hand.

Date: Monday, 2013 Oct 21, 23:02 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

Was already wearing a prosthetic hand when they went in the club? So he wasn't screaming because he lost his fingers there and then but because Roy floored him?

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Oct 22, 00:06 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

My initial impression about The whole thing, regarding Arrow the writers did not disappoint last season and masterfully drew together a fascinating arc, that built of each preceding episode. If they can continue to weave that kind of magic, I`m happy to sit back and enjoy the ride. such an awesome episode, The growth of felicity, Oliver and diggle as a team as they grasp this new ideal of being a hero, most of all I`m so thrilled and so curious about isabel rochev, what have the writers of Arrow got up their sleeves this season for Summer Glau. great premiere.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Arrow » What did you think of Arrow 2x01 'City of Heroes'?
Page 1 of 11
Search: