menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at WhedonCon 2019 (News, Updates, Photos & reports from WhedonCon 2019)
Summer Glau at WhedonCon 2019
chrisdvanne Post # 1 | Saturday, 08 Jun 2019 - 12:41
Group: Administrators
Summer Glau will be joining this year's WhedonCon, held June 7-9, 2019 at the Hilton - Los Angeles Airport in Los Angeles, CA. Fans in the California area will get the chance to get her autograph, pose with her, attend two meet & greet events with Summer or attend her Q&A panel.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne Post # 2 | Saturday, 08 Jun 2019 - 13:20
Planning to visit WhedonCon this weekend? Check out BOOM! Studios exclusive variant cover you can pick up: FIREFLY #6 by artist Diego Galindo!

FIREFLY #6 by artist Diego Galindo

Here's the link to the comic book at BOOM! Studios and icing on the cake, there's a preview too.

chrisdvanne Post # 3 | Sunday, 09 Jun 2019 - 07:03
I had a blast at #Whedoncon! I had to jet out early for my #GrubHub shift, but I couldn't leave without taking a picture with my favorite actress of all time,

Credit: thedisneytardis

chrisdvanne Post # 4 | Sunday, 09 Jun 2019 - 07:06

Credit: @SoCalDisney

chrisdvanne Post # 5 | Sunday, 09 Jun 2019 - 07:20
The Pot People version of Summer made by Sara is adorable!

chrisdvanne Post # 6 | Sunday, 09 Jun 2019 - 23:03
Day 2 of Whedoncon has not yet ended but I cannot believe that I got to meet the insanely talented Summer Glau! She was so sweet and a pleasure to talk to.

The 1st Craft and Chat event with her was a ton of fun where we painted fans with watercolors. I ended giving her a gift in the form of a CD containing a song that I wrote in her honor. Summer was so amazed that she gave me a hug and thanked me for the gift. She even complimented the shirt I was wearing that she had never seen herself waterpainted on a T-shirt before.

There are plenty more events with her in it, namely the Modern Heroine panel today, an individual Q&A panel tomorrow, and one more Craft and Chat event that I plan to go to but I wanted to take a little break to post this.

Summer, thank you for being so amazing to all of your fans and I hope you enjoy that song

Credit: chhaitea

chrisdvanne Post # 7 | Monday, 10 Jun 2019 - 04:34
17 years ago, live on tv, I witnessed this woman make her acting debut on Angel. I've been a fan every step of the way. It was 17 years in the making and I finally had the chance to meet Summer Glau. I didn't think it possible to become more of a fan but interacting with her gave me a whole new level of respect and admiration. It hasn't been the best year for me but this will always, from the bottom of my heart, be one of the best moments I've ever shared with someone and will always stay with me. I couldn't thank her enough. Thank you @whedoncon for making this moment possible. If I could tag her I would but I don't believe she uses any form of social media.

Credit: dchavez0

chrisdvanne Post # 8 | Wednesday, 12 Jun 2019 - 17:08
I paid for a photo opp with this wonderful woman (aka Summer Glau from Firefly, Serenity, and a shit ton of other stuff) but my car battery was stolen this past horrible Saturday morning. I had to drive home on the freeway going 30 mph with my hazards on. It was a quick fix but I was really upset that I missed out on an opportunity I had paid for, that meant so much to me, and that I was very excited for. I even cosplayed as River!!

However, thanks to my wonderful friend Briana DeCoster the next day, I got to meet Summer Glau, got a photo, and even got to talk with her for a little bit! Thanks so much girl! And you killed that interview! And thanks to my wonderful boyfriend Ray Batarina for taking the photo!

Credit: Megan Elizabeth Hughes

chrisdvanne Post # 9 | Friday, 14 Jun 2019 - 08:35
Photographer James Terry, Jr. allowed us to share with you his photo op with Summer. Feel free to visit his Flickr album to see more photos of the WhedonCon guests and cosplayers.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at WhedonCon 2019 (News, Updates, Photos & reports from WhedonCon 2019)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: