menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Minnesota Fan Fusion 2018 (News, Photos & reports from Minnesota Fan Fusion 2018)
Summer Glau at Minnesota Fan Fusion 2018
chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 04 Jul 2018, 15:05 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Between River Tam, Cameron Phillips and Isabel Rochev, Summer Glau is not someone you would want to pick a fight with.  Just make no mention of Miranda and all thing will be shiny  wink 

Summer will be a guest at the Minnesota Fan Fusion taking place at the Saint Paul River Centre August 3-5, 2018!  As usual, she'll be there on Saturday and Sunday and will sign autographs, take pictures with her fans and answer their burning questions during her Q&A panel.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 04 Jul 2018, 15:10 | Message # 2
Discover your inner geek at Minnesota Fan Fusion August 3-5th, 2018

Meet:
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau // Jaime Lannister // Game of Thrones
Danielle Panabaker // Killer Frost // The Flash
Laurie Holden // Andrea // The Walking Dead
Dan Fogler // Jacob Kowalski // Fantastic Beasts
Manu Bennett // Deathstroke // Arrow
John Rhys-Davies // Gimli // Lord of the Rings
Summer Glau // Rive Tam // Firefly
Ray Park // Darth Maul // Star Wars

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 05 Aug 2018, 15:31 | Message # 3
Check out Saturday's Wrap Up Video! 
The celebrity guests can be seen speed signing autographs at the beginning of the video; Summer sit next to Star Wars's Ray Park.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 05 Aug 2018, 18:43 | Message # 4
Summer Glau, aka "the girl from Terminator" at 3:26 of the video:

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 05 Aug 2018, 21:56 | Message # 5
My friend and I got to meet Summer Glau<br />

Credit: Elliott Benjamin French Albright

My friend and I got to meet Summer Glau<br />

Credit: John Raymond Botcher

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 13 Aug 2018, 06:44 | Message # 6
Too give a big belated happy birthday to Summer Lyn Glau.... yes not even the speed force could help... but mission Cake Delivery complete.

Too give a big belated happy birthday to Summer Lyn Glau.... yes not even the speed force could help... but mission Cake Delivery complete.

Credit: Randy Phraviseth

Credit: Tiffany Albertin

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 25 Aug 2018, 23:06 | Message # 7
Minnesota Fan Fusion 2018 - Photo Highlights

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 27 Aug 2018, 13:14 | Message # 8
The convention was three days in total – Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I got there on Friday, said hi to Don Rosa, got some sketches done, did a bit of shopping, and had to leave because the convention hall was closing. I was in serious pain, shaking and unable to control my hands, but also unable to sleep. I might have skipped Saturday to recover if not for the fact that I had won tickets through the Alamo Drafthouse for Saturday specifically. Weirdly, no movie tickets were part of the prize, but a photo op with Summer Glau was.

Photo ops are incredibly awkward. You have to understand, the amount of stories of actors and actresses being treated poorly by fans is stunning and I had no idea what a photo op meant. Because this was the second day, and a day where I had not actually slept, I went in to this stuck at a level of “barely functional” with only brief moments of genuine lucidity. I was trying to figure out how to stand, how close I’d be, what to do with my hands, because there are no rules or even samples to see what a photo op might look like… which led to the experience as I remember it.

After standing in line for some 20 minutes, I walked into the curtained off area, we greeted each other, she asked how I was doing as we shook hands, I said “Nervous out of my mind” because that’s what happens when you have social anxiety and no filters. She said “Oh honey, I’m so sorry,” which is possibly the first time I have ever been called honey. When I asked in turn, she said she was doing good. We were told to stand on the mark. She then put her hand on my back for the pose, I remembered had no idea what to do with my hands, and I tried my best to look natural in front of the camera anyway, a feat which quite frankly does not happen. They took the picture, I thanked her, told her I’d watched Serenity last night again and that she was brilliant in it, and she seemed grateful for the compliment.

The whole thing took, at most, 45 seconds. Still, I got my picture taken with Summer Glau and that was pretty neat. While I’m happy to have won the contest, I don’t think I’ll be trying for photo ops like that again.

Me trying for natural. I got about 90% of the way there.

Credit: @GeekDads

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Minnesota Fan Fusion 2018 (News, Photos & reports from Minnesota Fan Fusion 2018)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: