Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

Game of Thrones
By lajo948

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 4«1234»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Fantasy Con 2014 ((News, Updates, Photos and reports from Fantasy Con))
Summer Glau at Fantasy Con 2014
Date: Monday, 2014 Jul 07, 00:29 GMT | Message # 31

Site Admin

Heres' the story behind the photo of Summer at her panel where she seemed to be dancing the Macarena on stage (see below).

Summer Glau at FantasyCon, July 4-5, 2014

From Joshua Gardynik:

She was stretching for her hug! If you weren't there, one of the people with questions asked if she was as good a hugger as Adam Baldwin (who was at FanX and hugs everyone). She hugged him for a comparison. It was awesome! She's such a good person, and a great actress.

Mystery solved!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Monday, 2014 Jul 07, 01:03 GMT | Message # 32

Site Admin

Summer Glau at Salt Lake City International Airport, on her way back from FantasyCon.

Airports are great places for meeting celebrities who don't have private jets. #arrow #SummerGlau @CW_Arrow

With fan at Salt Lake City International Airport - July 7, 2014

Credit photo: @kylempeterson

Date: Monday, 2014 Jul 07, 07:07 GMT | Message # 33

Site Admin

From Tinker's Treasury:

I had my giddy moments for today! I met and talked to Summer Glau, got an autographed photo from her, gave her a necklace (which she wore then and let us take a picture of her wearing it), she gave me a hug! and... the really giddy moment... she told me I make beautiful jewelry and that she really liked it!

FantasyCon, July 4-5, 2014

Date: Monday, 2014 Jul 07, 14:18 GMT | Message # 34

Site Admin

From utah1percenter

I was at the Panel for Summer Glau today and she talked about how Joss has been working on some big movies recently, but has not forgotten about us and that there is quote (from her mind you) "Something in the works"

General opinion among Browncoats is that one should not expect too much from that type of announcement. Besides, we have no indication that Summer herself would be involved in any way.

Date: Monday, 2014 Jul 07, 14:21 GMT | Message # 35

Site Admin

From Ryan Atwood

Met Mark Sheppard. If you don't know who he is, he's that guy on your favorite tv show. All of them. He's been on Firefly, Supernatural, Doctor Who, The new Battlestar Galactica, CSI, you name it. Very nice guy.

Met Summer Glau, (Firefly, Dollhouse, The Terminator TV Series, The Cape) She is actually even prettier in real life than on tv. I was surprised how sweet and shy she seemed. Not the stereotype of famous actresses at all. When the girl in front of me said how much she'd enjoyed Summer's panel, Summer said "Yeah, I was surprised how many people came!" As if no one's told her that she's a geek culture icon (also, she can kill you with her brain).

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jul 08, 09:44 GMT | Message # 36

Site Admin

Report from FantasyCon second day at slugmag.com, including a paragraph on Summer's panel.

My first stop was the Summer Glau panel in the main ballroom. The stage was set up with a couch and table, and behind it sat a castle and a well-lit backdrop. It started a few minutes late, and I was worried she would be a no-show. I have always had a predisposition to believe Summer Glau was a snotty, stuck-up, bitchy pretty girl. Turns out she is just an amazing actress because she was absolutely the most adorably awkward introvert I have ever seen interviewed. I wish she would eat a sandwich, but she sat up there glowing. Summer answered fan questions with such honest modesty I couldn’t help but adore her and her talent for playing such rough characters. She was very open about her role as River in Firefly and Serenity and how it was a role that changed her life. Her answers were so thought through and articulated, she inspired the hell out of me to work on my vocabulary and consider the way I speak to others. I came in dreading her spotlight and left absolutely enamored.

Source: FANTASTYCON 2014: SUMMER GLAU, COSPLAY, SYLVESTER MCCOY & FIGHTING!

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jul 08, 22:03 GMT | Message # 37

Site Admin

Read this nice story - and watch the pictures -, in bumble-puppy's own words.

River! I met Summer Glau at Fantasy-Con. She signed my concept art for our Fisher-fly t-shirt and print. Wouldn't it be awesome to get the whole cast to sign it? We gave her a shirt and print and she held them up and said, "Prizes!" Totally charming and wonderful.

My husband snuck in some quick photos before getting shouted at...that's why they're so blurry.

Here she is looking at the drawing.

She said, "Cute, I want this set!" when she saw the Fisher Price Serenity print.

Here I am geeking out and nervously laughing as she signs my drawing.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jul 08, 22:42 GMT | Message # 38

Site Admin

In other news, The Big Bang Theory's Simon Helberg (who plays Howard) will be joining Salt Lake Comic Con, taking place September 4-6, 2014.
I like the promo photo they made biggrin

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jul 09, 16:21 GMT | Message # 39

Site Admin

FantasyCon has released a video retracing the highlights of the con...Guess Summer Glau wasn't one of them  sad

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jul 09, 16:51 GMT | Message # 40

Site Admin

Date: Saturday, 2014 Jul 12, 12:05 GMT | Message # 41

Site Admin

Another photo from FantasyCon, courtesy of capesandteapots.tumblr.com

FantasyCon, July 4-5, 2014

Date: Saturday, 2014 Jul 26, 17:54 GMT | Message # 42

Site Admin

Summer Glau poses for her (private) autograph signing with Celebrity Authentics!

Summer Glau poses for her (private) autograph signing with Celebrity Authentics during FantasyCon, July 4-5, 2014

This is how a private signing session looks like.

Lena Headey visited with Celebrity Authentics to complete her first ever autograph signing. Take a behind the scenes look at the signing process and get a preview of some of her items.

Date: Monday, 2014 Jul 28, 09:56 GMT | Message # 43

Site Admin

Here's the video of Summer Glau's Q&A panel from FantasyCon 2014, that took place on July 4, 2014 in Salt Lake City, Utah, courtesy of Wesley Productions.

Screen captures of the panel video are in the Gallery.

Date: Saturday, 2014 Aug 09, 20:29 GMT | Message # 44

Site Admin

Summer Glau hand-signed River Tam Swords from Serenity during a signing session with Celebrity Authentics.

Featured is a River Tam Sword as seen in the film Serenity personally hand-signed by Summer during her autograph signing with Celebrity Authentics where she added "River Tam" as an inscription on each one! This wickedly designed weapon measures 25.5" overall with an 18.5" stainless steel blade and black pakkawood handle with stainless steel accents and includes nylon belt sheath. Limited to an edition of 100 affixed with Celebrity Authentics Authentication Hologram and includes Certificate of Authenticity featuring picture of Summer signing sword.

Summer Glau autographed River Tam swordSummer Glau autographed River Tam swordSummer Glau autographed River Tam sword

Price: $299.99

Date: Saturday, 2014 Aug 09, 20:46 GMT | Message # 45

Site Admin

Summer Glau and Lena Headey hand-signed 8x12 Sarah Connor Chronicles Promo Photo during a signing session with Celebrity Authentics.

Featured is an 8x12 photo from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, personally hand-signed by Summer Glau and Lena Headey during their autograph signings with Celebrity Authentics. Great shot of Lena from this exciting tv series affixed with Celebrity Authentics serial-numbered Hologram and includes Celebrity Authentics Certificates of Authenticity featuring picture of Summer and Lena signing photo.

Summer Glau and Lena Headey autographed TSCC promo photoSummer Glau and Lena Headey autographed TSCC promo photo

Price: $189.99

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Fantasy Con 2014 ((News, Updates, Photos and reports from Fantasy Con))
Page 3 of 4«1234»
Search: