Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

Game of Thrones
By lajo948

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 5«12345»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at London Film Comic Con (News, Updates, Photos and reports from London Film Comic Con)
Summer Glau at London Film Comic Con
Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jul 15, 15:54 GMT | Message # 31

Site Admin

Graham shared his experience - and his signed art - with us.

I was lucky enough to meet Summer at the LFCC this past weekend. Other attendees seemed surprised at the queues for photoshoots and autographs from her. Why? She was one of the main attractions and oozed star quality and it didn't hurt that she was lovely as well to all her fans. She was very impressed with the art I commissioned from Andrew Fry and duly signed it. One of the highlights of a troubled show. Thank you.

Summer Glau signed art work

Source: Graham Head

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jul 15, 17:25 GMT | Message # 32

Site Admin

Meeting Lena Headey at LFCC 2014

No video of Summer for now since taking videos or photos of her at her booth was prohibited but who knows...

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jul 15, 20:49 GMT | Message # 33

Site Admin

A LFCC attendee contacted me and shared with me the story behind the black hoodie Summer Glau was seen wearing at LFCC.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Jul 15, 22:03 GMT | Message # 34

Site Admin

James Jackson sent us his photo op with Summer as well as a personal item he got signed.

So finally met #summerglau and it was truly an honour had a photo and got it signed

Summer Glau at London Film and Comic Con, July 11 - 13, 2014

But the DC Comics cover featuring Ravager he got signed by Summer wins the internet for today imo.

DC Comics cover featuring Ravager signed by Summer Glau

As I said before, 90% of the fans in Summer's lines at Browncoats and their dedication will never be praised enough. That said, I have the feeling it's not a good thing when an experienced actress like Summer Glau is appreciated for only one role, even if iconic. This is why I'm always glad when fans at her booth or at her Q&A mention TSCC or Arrow, or Dollhouse,...

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jul 16, 07:50 GMT | Message # 35

Site Admin

Shane King published on his blog a detailed review of his time at LFCC.

Here are the excerpts dedicated to his meeting with Summer Glau.

My photo shoot with Summer was scheduled for 9:30am at photo area C and I could live happily in the knowledge that my autographs shouldn't be a problem. Woohoo! Summer's photo shoot went off without a hitch. She had a big smile etched across her face for the entire photo shoot and looked beautiful...especially when you consider it was 9:30am on Comic Con weekend. I usually look like a troll until at least midday.

I decided to go and get Summer's autograph. Summer's autograph queue moved surprisingly quickly and it wasn't long before I was face-to-face with Summer Glau, another one of my idols. Coming into the event, I knew that Summer was a little shy. I'd watched countless videos of her on YouTube and she came across as someone that enjoyed her profession, but also enjoyed being away from the spotlight, which I can appreciate. I didn't get a great deal of time with Summer because she was one of the busiest guests of the weekend, but we talked briefly about her role on Angel's "Waiting In The Wings" and how she got the part of River Tam on "Firefly". Summer never stopped smiling throughout our exchange and she even personalised my autograph with a quote from her character on "Firefly" - "No power in the 'verse can stop me"...

I do wish that I'd gotten a little more time with Summer and left more of an impression, but that's down to me, not Summer. Also, Summer's boyfriend (that's my assumption) was at the convention with her and he was also a really polite guy. As myself and Hannah were leaving Summer's autograph table he wished us a good day and said he hoped that we're enjoying the convention. That was nice of him.

Source: shangelsreviews.blogspot.co.uk

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jul 16, 08:03 GMT | Message # 36

Site Admin

From Artwork by KT

One of the best moments of #lfcc was meeting Summer Glau and her signing my River stencil! Especially with that quote

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jul 16, 09:21 GMT | Message # 37

Site Admin

CKDS Radio meet Summer Glau at the LFCC

The guest list was extensive and it would have been hard to see everything and everyone but there are definitely a few names that stick out if you are a fan of Sci-Fi and the cult classics. Summer Glau was there with a queue of almost a thousand people wanting to meet her. Beloved for her parts in Firefly as River Tam, the ass kicking terminator Cameron in The Sarah Connor Chronical and much, much more. There was a lot of excitement and lot of disappointment in trying to meet her.

Fortunately the CKDS Radio team where one of the lucky ones and by sheer chance a lovely stranger gave them a ticket which meant they were one of the first ones to greet Miss Glau. Stephen Driver aka ‘Bossman’ co-founder and owner of CKDS Radio said: “She was busy but really, really sweet and gave as much time as should could. It was such a high to meet her.”

CKDS Radio meet Summer Glau at the LFCC 2014CKDS Radio meet Summer Glau at the LFCC 2014

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jul 16, 12:37 GMT | Message # 38

Site Admin

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jul 16, 13:04 GMT | Message # 39

Site Admin

From Jessa

Summer Glau at London Film and Comic Con

Date: Thursday, 2014 Jul 17, 09:56 GMT | Message # 40

Site Admin

Fan experiences with Summer Glau at LFCC.

Elspeth said:

Summer, also get's a special mention, what a trooper, her queue was always long but she insited on personalising for anyone who wanted it. She was also happy to chat to me for a bit about her roll in Arrow and gave me hug :)

RiversideJon said:

Summer was lovely to speak too, about Arrow and the Knights of Badassdom. :lol:.working with Peter Dinklage and Jason Stackhouse.... Great guest would lv a firefly talk and a firefly reunion :thumbup:

D4vem88 said:

Summer Glau - co-best guest. Absolutely lovely, plenty of time to chat even though her queue was halfway to the back wall. A personalised quote signature to top it off.

Bogleg said:

I had commissioned a drawing of Summer to get signed. Not only was she impressed with the drawing, but had a quick chat about it. The chap moving people along (American, I think) even took a photo for me of Summer holding the picture. The artist will be stoked when I send him a copy. Absolute top people.

Cube1701 said:

Summer Glau: She was very nice extremely expressive - I saw her do the "seriously" face a few times (I think people asked her to for the photo) and put her arm around everyone (both for people who asked). She also made eye contact with everyone, which was definitely nice.

Starbuck17 said:

Summer Glau - Second fav guest. She was so busy but still managed to have a chat with me. Again she mentioned how crazy everything was and how massive her queue was. I had a picture of her and the cast from Firefly drawn like a comic book panel and she really liked it. She personalised with a firefly quote as well. I was super pleased.

LFCC_visitor said:

Summer Glau: Another wonderful person. On our photoshoot pictures she looks very tired. When she was signing my poster she was looking a bit better. Very friendly to us and apologizing for having us waiting long (which wasn't a big deal).

josh-hammond said:

summer glau: i got her right at the end of the day. she looked a bit tired, but was still stunning! was very upbeat and happy. as i was one of the last ones to get her auto on the sat she didnt put a quote from firefly on the pic, but she did put a heart and now i want to marry her!!!!!

Date: Thursday, 2014 Jul 17, 10:20 GMT | Message # 41

Site Admin

Here's the cover to the Official Souvenir Magazine. Priced £5, it includes features on Stan Lee, cosplay, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, wrestling and Guardians of the Galaxy among others.

Each copy of the 68-pager is uniquely numbered. As already announced, buying one will put you in the running for any one of the many hundreds of prizes that Showmasters will be giving away at the show over the weekend of July 11-13.

London Film & Comic Con 2014 Official Souvenir Programme

Date: Thursday, 2014 Jul 17, 11:43 GMT | Message # 42

Site Admin

Summer Glau signed Casey060997's drawing

London Film and Comic Con, July 11 - 13, 2014

Here's the drawing (before Summer signed it)
drawing of Summer Glau as Cameron in TSCC

Date: Friday, 2014 Jul 18, 11:36 GMT | Message # 43

Site Admin

From @HiggsAlk3

Summer Glau. What a person.

Date: Saturday, 2014 Jul 19, 08:20 GMT | Message # 44

Site Admin

Date: Saturday, 2014 Jul 19, 14:23 GMT | Message # 45

Site Admin

From @copemanskid

Kindly taken by Summer's agent at LFCC. Made my daughters day!

Summer Glau poses with a young girl dresses at River Tam at London Film and Comic Con, July 11 - 13, 2014

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at London Film Comic Con (News, Updates, Photos and reports from London Film Comic Con)
Page 3 of 5«12345»
Search: