To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By Admirator

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 5 of 7«1234567»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Philadelphia Comic Con 2013 (Find here the latest news and photos of Summer Glau)
Summer Glau at Philadelphia Comic Con 2013
Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 13:51 GMT | Message # 61

Site Admin

From Tom Carter:

Guys, I would like to thank Wizard World for the amazing weekend I had in Philadelphia. I got to meet many people I grew up loving in movies and television, and I have a lot of photos and autographs to prove it. I do have to gripe about one thing though. I'm sure this has been brought up, but I'll say it anyway. One of the main people I wanted to meet was Summer Glau. She had to have had the worst line control I've ever seen at any Con I've been to. She was really nice in person, and that's great that she was like that, just not when there was a gigantic crowd like that. I seriously had to buy a ticket for Sunday because I missed her the day before. I even had to get up extra early and get to the Con extra early on Sunday just to meet her. Fortunately, as you can see by this picture, my hard work paid off and I met her. I'm sorry for everyone who missed seeing Summer at this Con, and if she ever were to do this again, please exercise better line control. Other than this, I had a great time. Thank you.

Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 1-2, 2013

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 15:33 GMT | Message # 62

Site Admin

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles fan?

Source: Benjamin John Colobong

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 16:23 GMT | Message # 63

Site Admin

From Jessica Shortstack

Summer Glau from pretty much everything Joss

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 16:29 GMT | Message # 64

Site Admin

Handshake!

Source: Jack Phongphila

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 17:31 GMT | Message # 65

Site Admin

Bring back Firefly!

Source: Jackie Campitelli

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 19:39 GMT | Message # 66

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles fan?

Source: Benjamin John Colobong

Notice the way she is holding the robotic hand - almost an extension of her elbow.
Pretty cool and obviously seemed enjoying it a lot.

Very nice image.

Overall it is good to know that she likes meeting fans, because I know a number of writers for whom such activities are a sad and tedious duty they are almost forced to do.

Message edited by Cegorach - Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 19:46

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jun 05, 21:52 GMT | Message # 67

Site Admin

Ac serie of 10 photos taken by photographer John DellAngelo have been added to the gallery (under a Creative Commons licence)

Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 1-2, 2013Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 1-2, 2013Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 1-2, 2013Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 1-2, 2013

Watch the rest of the photos in the Gallery.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jun 06, 00:06 GMT | Message # 68

Site Admin

Jenny had a photo taken with Summer Glau and two signed photos.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jun 06, 00:36 GMT | Message # 69

Site Admin

Summer Glau signing a TSCC promo photo for Jenny (see previous post)

Philadelphia Comic Con - Summer Glau

And the signed photo:

Philadelphia Comic Con - Summer Gla

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jun 06, 06:54 GMT | Message # 70

Friends

On Saturday June 1, I took the train to Philadelphia to attend Philly Comic Con. Once arriving, I was amazed by the sights there. There was so much to see and do, but I decided put the rest of PCC on hold. This was because I came for one reason and one reason only: to meet Summer Glau.
I found her booth without any trouble, but I had to face a really long wait ahead of me; this lasted for 5-6 hours. While I waited when she was attending the Firefly panel with three other cast members (Jewel Staite, Gina Torres, and Adam Baldwin), I was given some great news: Summer decided to take some extra time to get to everyone who was in line to get their autograph and/or photo with her.
So without hesitation, I went into the hall where she was to have her extended session. And about 15-20 minutes after the Firefly panel ended, she arrived (I got it on video). Slowly but surely, the line was showing a shorter length.
As soon as it was my turn, I greeted her and asked her how she liked Philadelphia so far. She said she was loving it. Then I surprised her with a travel guide of obscure tourist attractions across the state of Pennsylvania; this was a gift to her if she ever planned on coming back to Pennsylvania whatever the circumstances were (next Philly Comic Con, filming for the next TV show or movie she's in, etc.). She quickly skimmed through it and told me she liked it and that she would look through it that night. After that, I got my photo taken with her. I thanked her for coming to Philadelphia and wished her to have a nice evening. She replied, "Thank you for having me." And then I was on my way home.
Overall, meeting Summer Glau for the first time was an amazing experience for me. Although it took me several hours, I feel that there was no second during the wait that wasn't worth it. At first I thought I was going to be nervous, but the vibe Summer was giving off was warm, friendly, and welcoming. I got a first hand experience of how friendly, personable, and kind she is and how dedicated she is to her fans. I hope she had a great time in Philadelphia and I wish her all the best in whatever role that she takes up in the future.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jun 06, 07:54 GMT | Message # 71

Site Admin

Thanks Matthew for giving us your feedback from the convention (and meeting with Summer). It gives the fans who could not go to Philadelphia the feeling to share these moments with you and it can also give ideas to other fans for the next convention.

We've add other report from fans saying that Summer stayed longer for the attendees who could not get an autograph in time, how sweet from her (and unfortunately other reports from disappointed fans who couldn't get a photo/autograph at all).

Giving Summer the travel guide was a good idea because it will remind her of the location of the convention, Philadelphia (and of you , of course); did you go as far as writing a few kind words on the first page?

I'm happy for you that you had such a good time with Summer Glau in your hometown; I suppose you will cherish lifelong memories of all those great moments at the convention. May I ask what photo of her you got signed?

Side note: I was pleasantly surprised to see that you used your photo op as an avatar; while it's common on Facebook, I have rarely seen that at the Summer Glau Wiki, even if many members have had the pleasure to meet Summer at conventions (Richard Grunwald from Australia uses one as well). I love that smile

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jun 06, 08:51 GMT | Message # 72

Site Admin

Ref to Message # 66

Quote (Cegorach)
Notice the way she is holding the robotic hand - almost an extension of her elbow.
Pretty cool and obviously seemed enjoying it a lot.

Summer's funny face reminds me of another photo of her, also directly to the TSCC universe; this one:

Comic Book & SciFi Convention LA - January 13, 2008 - Summer Glau
More photos at Comic Book & SciFi Convention LA - January 13, 2008 in the Gallery.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jun 06, 15:50 GMT | Message # 73

Site Admin

On target for Kirby, who got a photo op with Summer Glau (and other celebs), lovely photos of her, autographed photos and probably many days filled with fond memories at Philadelphia Comic Con.

philadelphia comic con summer glau
philadelphia comic con summer glau

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jun 06, 23:27 GMT | Message # 74

Site Admin

Since you love photos of Summer Glau holding babies, here's a boatload of cuteness biggrin

Date: Friday, 2013 Jun 07, 07:51 GMT | Message # 75

Site Admin

Limited edition of exclusive items such as variant covers, litographs, prints or promo cards were available for Wizard World Philadelphia 2013 attendees.
For example, holders of Summer Glau VIP tickets received for free an exclusive lithograph with the image of River Tam by artist Cris Delara; the same applied to Jewel Staite, Gina Torres, Adam Baldwin and Firefly/Serenity VIP's.

Watch more in the Blog: Philadelphia Comic Con Exclusives

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Philadelphia Comic Con 2013 (Find here the latest news and photos of Summer Glau)
Page 5 of 7«1234567»
Search: