[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 712367»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Philadelphia Comic Con 2013 (Find here the latest news and photos of Summer Glau)
Summer Glau at Philadelphia Comic Con 2013
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 18 Jan 2013, 14:45 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
More informations on Summer Glau's appearance at the convention as they come, as well as photos and reports from con-goers will be posted in this thread.

Firefly cast Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con 2013

Besides Summer Glau, the Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con 2013 special guests are Stan Lee, William Shatner, James Marters, Juliet Landau, Norman Reedus, Michael Rooker, Andrew McCarty, to name a few.

Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con 2013 special guests

For more info about Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con 2013 check out the official website.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

GlausterDate: Friday, 18 Jan 2013, 20:47 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Awwww I live in England so it's impossible for me to go see Summer cry god damn requirements for visa/green card.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 23 Jan 2013, 01:46 | Message # 3
Our friend Danny from Supergirl fansite supergirlhomepage.net/ is going to Philly!

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 30 Jan 2013, 11:10 | Message # 4
Summer's biography at Wizard World was outdated:

Most recently, Summer did an impressive guest appearance on ‘Alphas.’ And, it has just been announced that she will now be seen in the CBS TV pilot “Scent of the Missing” as Sedona with Tricia Helfer.

I suggested them to replace it with the following sentence :

Most recently, Summer had an impressive recurring role on ‘Alphas.’ And, it has just been announced that she will guest star in an upcoming episode of CBS’s ‘Hawaii Five-0.’

Which they did! Link: Summer Glau at Wizard World Philadelphia

Besides beeing accurate, it's important to have an updated bio because in this case it's free advertising for Alphas (think DVD sales) and for her upcoming guest appearance on Hawaii Five-0.

Mike_AnarchyDate: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 01:35 | Message # 5
Hi everyone, I'm new here, registered when I saw that there was a thread for this convention.
I just bought the Summer Glau VIP pass today which includes a photo, signing and a seat at the Summer Glau panel and I am out of my mind excited!
I'll def post any and all photos here. I'm going to be there for both days that she's there and I'll try to get as many videos and photos as the 32gb memory card on my HD camera will allow smile

I'd love to meet any other Browncoats who are going, it's going to be an awesome experience.

Mike_AnarchyDate: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 15:08 | Message # 6
Also, if anyone is coming to this convention from out of town and needs any help or advice with anything from where to stay to where to eat, and everything in between, feel free to ask. I am more than happy to help in any way I can.
Unfortunately, due to an overpopulation of cats and lack or room, I cannot let you crash at my place, but I've lived in Philly for 20+ years so I am confident I can help with any questions you might have.

Message edited by Mike_Anarchy - Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 15:10

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 20 Feb 2013, 08:33 | Message # 7
David Boreanaz of 'Angel,' 'Buffy,' 'Bones' To Attend Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 1-2

David Boreanaz of 'Angel,' 'Buffy,' 'Bones' To Attend Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con

Best known for starring roles in “Buffy the Vampire Slayer” and “Angel” and the current Fox prime-time series “Bones,” David Boreanaz will make his first-every public signing at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con on Saturday and Sunday, June 1-2. Boreanaz, who grew up in the Philadelphia area, played the vampire “Angel” in the Joss Whedon cult series and portrays “Special Agent Seeley Booth” opposite Emily Deschanel in “Bones.”

Boreanaz will meet Wizard World fans, pose for photo ops (solo, dual and with fellow “Buffy” cast alums James Marsters, Charisma Carpenter and Juliet Landau and others also in attendance), sign autographs and conduct an interactive Q&A at Philadelphia Comic Con. He will join fellow comics legend Stan Lee, Summer Glau (Serenity, “Firefly”), William Shatner (“Star Trek,” “Boston Legal”), WWE® Superstars John Cena® And Daniel Bryan® and Manu Bennett (The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, “Spartacus: Vengeance”) as headliners scheduled at the event, held May 30 – June 2 at the

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 21 Feb 2013, 14:36 | Message # 8
Quote (chrisdvanne)
David Boreanaz of 'Angel,' 'Buffy,' 'Bones' To Attend Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, June 1-2

Angel and Buffy fans will be able to have a photo op with him, James Marsters, Charisma Carpenter and Juliet Landau.

Since Summer Glau guest starred in 'Angel' s03ep13 Waiting in the Wings, i wonder if she'll be part of the group photo for Angel.

Summer helself has met all these Whedon alumni on numerous occasions before, f.e. at Supanova Sydney 19-20 June, 2010:

Supanova Sydney 19-20 June, 2010
Supanova Sydney 19-20 June, 2010
Watch more photos of the event in the Gallery.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 13:37 | Message # 9
Quote (chrisdvanne)

David Boreanaz cancelled his appearance but another Whedon alumni is coming, Nathan Fillion.

Read more in the Blogpost: Firefly reunion at Philadelphia Comic Con 2013

I wonder if Fillion's well-orchestred series of appearances at conventions is connected to his role in the feature film Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, due out this Summer tongue

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 20 Mar 2013, 09:22 | Message # 10
Nathan Fillion, Stan Lee and Summer Glau Headline Wizard World Philidelphia
Quote (Mike_Anarchy)
Also, if anyone is coming to this convention from out of town and needs any help or advice with anything from where to stay to where to eat, and everything in between, feel free to ask. I am more than happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks for coming here and for the offer! And yes, going to a convention is also about meeting other fans, not only the celebs.
I hope you and every attentee will have a blast at Philly.

Firefly love at website First Comics News: Nathan Fillion, Stan Lee and Summer Glau Headline Wizard World Philidelphia

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 22 Mar 2013, 09:28 | Message # 11
Via press release:

“Castle” Star Nathan Fillion, fellow “Serenity” and Firefly headliner Summer Glau, Eisner Award Hall of Famer Stan Lee and WWE® Superstars John Cena® and Daniel Bryan® are at the top of a standout roster of celebrity guests scheduled to appear at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, May 30 – June 2 at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.

[...]

Other standout celebrities attending include William Shatner (“Star Trek,” “Boston Legal”), “The Walking Dead” duo of Michael Rooker and Norman Reedus, Adam Baldwin (“Serenity,” Firefly), Jewel Staite (“Serenity,” Firefly), Manu Bennett (“Arrow,” The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey) and many others.

On related news, photo op with Nathan Fillion & Adam Baldwin and Nathan Fillion & Jewel Staite are scheduled but none with Summer Glau (photo op at her booth) and none with the four (or three) of them either apparently.

FIREFLY/SERENITY — Nathan Fillion & Adam Baldwin DUAL Photo Op – $110.00
FIREFLY/SERENITY — Nathan Fillion & Jewel Staite DUAL Photo Op – $110.00

Source: Wizard World

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 30 Mar 2013, 00:27 | Message # 12
Our friend Danny from supergirlhomepage.net with Supergirl Laura Vandervoort at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2012

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 06 May 2013, 22:28 | Message # 13
No less than four Firefly alumni are scheduled at this year Philadelphia Comic Con. Besides Summer Glau, Wizard World Philly attendees will be able to meet Jewel Staite, Nathan Fillion and Adam Baldwin.

Read more in the News: Philadelphia Comic Con - Firefly reunion & Updates

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 09 May 2013, 17:02 | Message # 14
Nathan Fillion unable to attend Wizard World Philadelphia, due to scheduling conflict.

Read more in the Blog.

robbs-servantDate: Thursday, 09 May 2013, 18:55 | Message # 15
Actually thinking about going to Philly for the Comic con and bringQueen Armageddon stuff with me. Hmmm... Its one of the best of the year....

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Philadelphia Comic Con 2013 (Find here the latest news and photos of Summer Glau)
Page 1 of 712367»
Search: