menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » SDCC : Do you think Whedon will announce a Firefly sequel?
SDCC : Do you think Whedon will announce a Firefly sequel?
Do you think Joss Whedon will announce a Firefly/Serenity continuation at SDCC
1.Joss is second after God in Hollywood now, thanks to The Avengers, Serenity 2 WILL happen![ 8 ][34.78%]
2.Everything is possible with Joss (WAAASHHHH, NO!)[ 4 ][17.39%]
3.Joss will announce a 10 years edition Blu-ray release, not more.[ 11 ][47.83%]
Poll has expired - Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 18:27
Answers total: 23
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 09 Jul 2012, 18:27 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Joss Whedon anf Firefly castSince the announce of a Firefly 10th Anniversary Panel at this year San Diego Comic-Con, Internet is bruising with rumors on a possible Firefly/Serenity continuation ; all the more that Science channel, who host the event, promessed special surprises.

Sean Maher hinted a few days ago that, if he wasn't privy to a move from Joss Whedon, he didn't know about the Serenity movie till Whedon was writing the script, letting the fans hope that it could be the same this time.

Then Whedon himself wrote a message to the fans, inwhich he says that internet rumors are expected :
“No matter how many years pass, I’ll never forget ‘Firebug.’ I can’t wait to sit once more with Washboard, KayMart, Rivet, the Hot Hooker from Homeland and Captain Kirk. Those guys are my family. Expect laughter, tears, faith-healing and Internet rumors about a sequel. To infinity, and prosper!”

In your opinion, is the panel only honoring the Firefly's premiere ten years ago, or is there an ulterieur motive behind that.

The poll will be open till the start of the Comic-Con International San Diego, on Friday, July 13.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 09 Jul 2012, 20:30

FermiDate: Monday, 09 Jul 2012, 18:46 | Message # 2
"Joss will announce a 10 years edition Blu-ray release, not more."

sad

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 09 Jul 2012, 18:55 | Message # 3
Quote (Fermi)
"Joss will announce a 10 years edition Blu-ray release, not more."

Man of little faith tongue

I voted the same though.

And this is also @thelexy's opinion.

As usual, the poll itself is not that importatnt, it's just a way to raise interest for the upcoming event.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 09 Jul 2012, 18:56

AlexDate: Tuesday, 10 Jul 2012, 01:02 | Message # 4
Group: Bloggers
I agree that it is probably just a 10 year anniversary blue ray. While I would love to see more of Serenity and Firefly, I can't imagine that the studios are going to approve any project that does not have the potential of another Avenger film. On the other hand, perhaps they are looking into some kind of web-based series. I was reading that Jane Espenson, one of Whedon's long term writing partners, is currently working on a web-based series called Husbands. Maybe this community of Whedon alumni have something up their sleeve?

It does seem kind of odd that with all the potential of SDCC to be a platform to whet fan's appetites, why would they use such a valuable setting to announce just a blue ray? There is something not quite right about this.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 10 Jul 2012, 03:36 | Message # 5
Quote (Alex)
While I would love to see more of Serenity and Firefly, I can't imagine that the studios are going to approve any project that does not have the potential of another Avenger film.

Right, this is why Joss Whedon has created a new production company, Bellwether Pictures, allowing him to conduct smaller project on his own (but not necessarily directing them btw).

Quote (Alex)
On the other hand, perhaps they are looking into some kind of web-based series. I was reading that Jane Espenson, one of Whedon's long term writing partners, is currently working on a web-based series called Husbands.

Whedon is already working on a webseries, Wastelanders, co-created with Warren Ellis. As the name suggests, it's a sort of dark post-apocalyptic series.

Quote (Alex)
It does seem kind of odd that with all the potential of SDCC to be a platform to whet fan's appetites, why would they use such a valuable setting to announce just a blue ray? There is something not quite right about this.

This time i have to disagree with you; one has to aknowledge that the event is hosted by The Science channel, who will broadcast the serie and has a special on Firefly scheduled in December. Why some could argue this is foreshadowing something bigger, i see nothing else than a re-run of the serie.

The whole thing reminds me what the fans were saying when Summer Glau first appeared in the "Human Preservation Project" : so much only for a gum?

I one wants to read more about Whedon upcoming projects, i suggest reading Io9's article.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 10 Jul 2012, 03:37

AlexDate: Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012, 03:41 | Message # 6
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
This time i have to disagree with you; one has to aknowledge that the event is hosted by The Science channel, who will broadcast the serie and has a special on Firefly scheduled in December. Why some could argue this is foreshadowing something bigger, i see nothing else than a re-run of the serie.

The whole thing reminds me what the fans were saying when Summer Glau first appeared in the "Human Preservation Project" : so much only for a gum?

I one wants to read more about Whedon upcoming projects, i suggest reading Io9's article.

Sigh! You are right of course. It would be a pale reflection of that first wonderful realization of Whedon's story. We can never journey back in time except in our memories. What we cannot recreate is that first rush of joy and delight of seeing Firefly for the first time. As the article said the cast has all moved on; simply put, they are not those people anymore. They were perfectly cast. Even though Summer has matured and grown as an actress, she would not be able to recreate that sensitive, introverted, child that was River. Of all of them, the only two that I think could pull it off are Ron Glass and Alan Tudyk. There is something timeless about those two.

The only good thing about there being no possible chance of a reunion is that it frees up the actors to pursue other projects: variety. I remember reading that Summer had actually lined up another role for herself between Firefly and Serenity. She said she had so impressed the producers (sorry, she didn't say in the interview what show it was but I am guessing it was Cold Case Files) that they asked her to return. It is not a case of lightening striking twice - she really is talented I believe and she will continue to find interesting roles. She is very tenacious and a hard worker. I am very optimistic she will build up more of a presence in Alphas and that she will continue to entertain us for years to come.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012, 07:58 | Message # 7
Group: Friends
I just would like another movie. Not a TV series return.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012, 08:26 | Message # 8
Quote (Alex)
She said she had so impressed the producers (sorry, she didn't say in the interview what show it was but I am guessing it was Cold Case Files) that they asked her to return.

That's how good she is as an actress!
It's no coincidence that Summer Glau is the only "Alpha of the week" to come back in season two; Stanton Parish and Kathleen Munroe's characters were introduced in the latest episodes as the bad guys of season two, it's perfectly natural they're coming back in season 2.

Not to mention the ratings bump registered when Summer Glau guest starred (i will try to show it on a graphic).

Also i like the fact that most articles announcing Alphas season two emphasize Summer Glau's return for three episodes (it also happened, to a lesser extent though, when the guest star lineup for season one was announced).
Latest example : "SYFY ANNOUNCES PLANS FOR UPCOMING SEASON 2 OF ALPHAS INCLUDING RETURN OF SUMMER GLAU" at scifi mafia

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 17:06 | Message # 9
The recent NYCC brought some more rumors about a Firefly continuation, under the form of an animated series this time.

Firefly cartoon by Boulet

Read article : 'Is There Really An Animated Firefly Spin-Off Early In Development?' at Bleeding Cool

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 28 Jan 2013, 21:53 | Message # 10
JOSS WHEDON On A Potential FIREFLY Return

Sure, he's busy with The Avengers sequel and other Marvel Cinematic Universe properties but Capt. Mal Reynolds, Zoe and the rest of the Firefly crew will always have a special place in Joss Whedon's heart. The director says he'd love to return to that world after Avengers 2

Read more at Comic Book Movie

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » SDCC : Do you think Whedon will announce a Firefly sequel?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: