[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 6«123456»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » 10-year Firefly Reunion at San Diego Comic-Con
10-year Firefly Reunion at San Diego Comic-Con
AlexDate: Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 17:26 | Message # 16
Group: Bloggers
Whedon doing what he does best...getting us to look at our own desires, prejudices, longings, and foibles and doing it in a single, short paragraph. He is above all a brilliant writer.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

riversfeetDate: Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 18:45 | Message # 17
Group: Friends
Well, he HELPED with the screenplay anyway.

Poor Joss. Forgot his characters' names. tongue

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 09 Jul 2012, 20:21 | Message # 18
Group: Administrators
Last year Comic Con was largely a Whedon-Con with The Avengers but this year will not be any different.

The Examiner has compiled a handy list of panels and events concerning the words and worlds of one Joss Whedon at San Diego Comic-Con 2012.

The panel descriptions are condensed from the SDCC program. While some panels are specifically focused on the Whedonverse (the highly-anticipated ten-year reunion of "Firefly," for example), others only include Whedonverse alumni like Jane Espenson, Steven S. DeKnight, and Amber Benson.

Read full article : Another year of the Whedonverse at San Diego Comic-Con 2012 at The Examiner

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

PasshaDate: Thursday, 12 Jul 2012, 00:16 | Message # 19
http://io9.com/5925248....special

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 12 Jul 2012, 10:02 | Message # 20
Science Channel, who is hosting the Firefly panel, send me Summer Glau's pass to SDCC...well at least a picture of it biggrin

See Blogpost : Summer Pass to SDCC Firefly Panel

Apparently, Summer Glau is the only female from the Firefly cast who will make it to the con, it's too bad.

Morena has tweeted she could not attend :
Very sad to announce that I will not be attending Comicon this year. Homeland production did everything they could but I have to work.

And Gina Torres is not listed anymore at comiccon.org

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 12 Jul 2012, 13:44

AlexDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 02:21 | Message # 21
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Science Channel, who is hosting the Firefly panel, send me Summer Glau's pass to SDCC...well at least a picture of it biggrin

See Blogpost : Summer Pass to SDCC Firefly Panel

Apparently, Summer Glau is the only female from the Firefly cast who will make it to the con, it's too bad.

Morena has tweeted she could not attend :
Very sad to announce that I will not be attending Comicon this year. Homeland production did everything they could but I have to work.

And Gina Torres is not listed anymore at comiccon.org

I wonder if Torres is trying to distance herself from that whole chapter? It will be interesting to see how the group works with only one female. Fillion will over the top as usual. I look forward to seeing the broadcast.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

riversfeetDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 04:45 | Message # 22
Well if there's only going to be one female at the reunion, good thing it's the COOLEST female! tongue

Would have been cool if Christina Hendricks had been invited...

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 08:46 | Message # 23
Quote (Alex)
I wonder if Torres is trying to distance herself from that whole chapter? It will be interesting to see how the group works with only one female. Fillion will over the top as usual. I look forward to seeing the broadcast.

I wouldn't read too much into Gina Torres absence; my guess is that she's working on her show for USA, "Suits", just like Morena Baccaring.

As for the dynamic inside the group, i hope the guys will be thoughtful enough to leave Summer a few lines, but i wouldn't bet on that, i think the jokes will come from all sides.
In this regards, Thomas Dekker has always been very sweet to Summer in very interviews they've made together.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 17:18

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 17:20 | Message # 24
Summer Glau needs make-up? So disappointed! biggrin

Brett Freedman ‏@Vanitymark
Comic Com: just did Summer Glau. Ran into this guy in the lobby...now off to Rebecca Romijn! pic.twitter.com/Xi1WnKuA

riversfeetDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 18:16 | Message # 25
I hope someone records this panel and gets it on YouTube...

KaliDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 20:42 | Message # 26
@SD_Comic_Con gave me permission to share the picture he tweeted of him and Summer this morning. Please pop on over and check it out smile

http://summerglaudaily.com/2012/07/summerglau-daily-sdcc-update/

Thank you smile

Kali

KaliDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 20:51 | Message # 27
I also posted some sources for SDCC on my website. The Twitter list is growing as it gets closer to panel time (45 minutes away!) I'll be tweeting/re-tweeting during the panel and when I can over the weekend.

http://summerglaudaily.com/2012/07/summerglau-daily-sdcc-information/

On Tuesday I'll try to do a summary of the weekends events smile

Have a Happy Firefly Friday!! cool

Kali
biggrin

Message edited by Kali - Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 20:51

FermiDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 21:15 | Message # 28
Comic-Con International San Diego - July 13, 2012

Here is a picture of the Firefly Cast

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 21:48 | Message # 29
Comic-Con International San Diego - July 13, 2012

This picture was taken at the Science Channel's roundtable before the team's panel EW will shortly have full coverage of the panel.

You can't stop the signal!

ThierryDate: Friday, 13 Jul 2012, 21:49 | Message # 30
Quote (Fermi)
Here is a picture of the Firefly Cast

Suddenly, I felll nostalgic.... wonder why biggrin

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » 10-year Firefly Reunion at San Diego Comic-Con
Page 2 of 6«123456»
Search: