[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 6123456»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » 10-year Firefly Reunion at San Diego Comic-Con
10-year Firefly Reunion at San Diego Comic-Con
FermiDate: Wednesday, 27 Jun 2012, 22:02 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
From the official Press Release:

FIREFLY 10-YEAR ANNIVERSARY
Friday 7/13/12, 12:30 p.m.–1:30 p.m., Room: 20
It has been 10 years since the crew of Serenity took flight in Joss Whedon's short-lived but now revered series, FIREFLY. SCIENCE will reconvene, for the first time in a decade, Captain Mal Reynolds and the crew from the ship, calling all Browncoats to unite at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con. The cast of FIREFLY will talk about the past, present and future of FIREFLY, 10 years after its debut. SHINY.

We can't be sure but it seems like the whole cast including Summer will attend.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 27 Jun 2012, 22:56 | Message # 2
Of course since their names aren’t specifically listed as yet, we can't be sure that Morena Baccarin, Summer Glau, Jewel Staite, Gina Torres and Ron Glass will be there but i can't imagine that Summer Glau would miss that special event.

Besides i wonder if she missed a Comic Con since Serenity.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 28 Jun 2012, 08:20 | Message # 3
This kind of event need to be announced earlier of course because all the tickets to the con are already sold out.

And now the hope of seing a Firefly continuation has never been so close smile

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 28 Jun 2012, 15:47 | Message # 4
Not only will Science Channel bring the Firefly panel to the fans, but attendees will get a special collectible bag featuring Firefly and the rest of the Science Channel Comic-Con lineup! See picture below :

SDCC - special collectible bag featuring Firefly

Also the Science press release says : " The cast of FIREFLY will talk about the past, present and future of FIREFLY, 10 years after its debut."
*future*? Like Serenity 2 for example?

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 28 Jun 2012, 15:56

riversfeetDate: Thursday, 28 Jun 2012, 18:10 | Message # 5
Group: Friends
Why does con footage alway air on channels I DON'T get?

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 29 Jun 2012, 01:24 | Message # 6
If the names of some Firefly alumn attending the panel are already known, we're waiting for a confirmation for other cast members, including Summer Glau. We have fresh news on two Firefly girls, in regard to her participation to the Anniversary panel.

Morena Baccarin Tweeted about her appearance at SDCC :

Jewell Staite will be at a convention in London at the same time of the SDCC, so she can't make it

No news on Summer's apperance yet but i let you know as soon as we have further informations.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 29 Jun 2012, 01:25

ThierryDate: Friday, 29 Jun 2012, 19:58 | Message # 7
It seems that Summer will be there on Friday 13...

cf. Comic-Con 2012 : Programming Schedule

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

riversfeetDate: Friday, 29 Jun 2012, 20:16 | Message # 8
Anyone here attending?

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

ThierryDate: Friday, 29 Jun 2012, 20:19 | Message # 9
Going there from Switzerland.... well, I do like Summer, but....

and I have summer fever biggrin

REGDate: Saturday, 30 Jun 2012, 06:52 | Message # 10
Quote (Thierry)
Going there from Switzerland.... well, I do like Summer, but....

and I have summer fever biggrin

so you're going to meet Summer? it will be very dream like, it was for me and it will be unforgettable smile

Quote (riversfeet)
Anyone here attending?

i'd love to but the announcement was too late and as i have read tickets are sold out sad but hopefully it will be filmed and lots of photos will be taken. so at least i'll be able to see it since i can't be there.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Saturday, 30 Jun 2012, 07:20

ThierryDate: Saturday, 30 Jun 2012, 09:04 | Message # 11
Quote (REG)
so you're going to meet Summer? it will be very dream like, it was for me and it will be unforgettable

well, no... it is definitely too far... even if I know it would be unforgettable wink
let's check if she comes to Europe, wait and see....

REGDate: Sunday, 01 Jul 2012, 09:18 | Message # 12
ahh damn it once again i didn't get that it was sarcasm. i have to learn to recognize it. so many times i think people are being serious when they aren't.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

AlexDate: Sunday, 01 Jul 2012, 14:47 | Message # 13
Group: Bloggers
Quote (REG)
ahh damn it once again i didn't get that it was sarcasm. i have to learn to recognize it. so many times i think people are being serious when they aren't.

I too miss most attempts as sarcasm although I do not mean that as a criticism. I think the key to understanding if something is sarcastic is to know the person. Writing as a form of communication, particularly on the web, is without visual and aural cues that we would normally get if we were face to face with the speaker. I wonder if we will ever see a type of forum that captures a series of short video clips in place of these text entries?

I was thinking about the impact this conference will have on possible future versions of the story of Serenity. I hope that the conference will raise renewed interest in this story and that it will attract new people to it. Whedon's recent success with The Avengers will perhaps draw new people and surely when they see Summer (and the new footage) this will increase interest. Oh yeah, there is that Fillion guy too. I hear he has done all right. dry I think that Summer's attendance at comic cons in the past few years has really raised her profile. My fingers are crossed that this will generate either new interest in producing more Serenity (even a web-based version) or perhaps involving Summer in some new production.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Message edited by Alex - Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 17:16

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 03 Jul 2012, 16:26 | Message # 14
Blastr.com keeps riding the wave of Firefly's frenzy triggered by the announce of the Firefly 10th anniversary panel at Comic-Con International: San Diego.
They have released a list titled : "Firefly's Browncoats + 15 more sci-fi freedom fighting forces"

With Independence Day nearly upon us, it's a great time to remember all the freedom fighters who battled (fictional) baddies in sci-f movies and on TV. From battles against aliens to foreign forces, the quest for freedom has been a part of sci-fi for decades.

Firefly is mentioned, as well as the Terminator franchise.

Link : blastr

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 16:14 | Message # 15
Joss Whedon has message for ‘Firefly’ fans; Joss Whedon answered a question from Geoff Boucher of the Los Angeles Times.

“No matter how many years pass, I’ll never forget ‘Firebug.’ I can’t wait to sit once more with Washboard, KayMart, Rivet, the Hot Hooker from Homeland and Captain Kirk. Those guys are my family. Expect laughter, tears, faith-healing and Internet rumors about a sequel. To infinity, and prosper!”

FYI, "To Infinity, and beyond" is Buzz's real catch phrase in Toy Story (whose screenplay was written by Joss Whedon)

http://youtu.be/2VSYmGSJtCA

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 16:14

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » 10-year Firefly Reunion at San Diego Comic-Con
Page 1 of 6123456»
Search: