menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Taking photos of Summer at conventions...
Taking photos of Summer at conventions...
REGDate: Tuesday, 05 Jun 2012, 13:17 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
i am just browsing through convention photos on here and i came across these:

she knows that a fan is taking her photo.

she is aware that a fan is taking a photo and she is waving goodbye. i think it must have been at the end of that autograph signing?

so i think she doesn't mind if fans take a photo even though convention staff don't allow it.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 05 Jun 2012, 13:28 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
That is a sensitive topic, at least for the convention staff.

A con-goer told me that he had to had to sneak pics of her at recent Dallas Comic Con because "They were complete Nazis on pictures being taken of her so I was sneaky with my phone until I got busted."; while he was able to have pics of Laura Vandervoort and Kevin Conroy (Batman's voice) with no difficulties. I guess it has something to do with the fact that Summer had photo op at her table with the attendees camera while the other, planned for a long date, guests had photo op scheduled with a professional photography company.

This guy also told me : "it was the same for Laura Vandervoort but not Kevin Conroy he was free all the way. It cost $10 to get Laura's."

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 05 Jun 2012, 15:17 | Message # 3
Comment from a con-goer at Supanova Brisbanne 2011 (VIP ticket) :

Most pro photos are $40. You can't have photos with the guests at the table.
It depends on what mood the Supanova staff are in at the party. We are told no photos, but sometimes we can have photos with the guests.

riversfeetDate: Tuesday, 05 Jun 2012, 18:10 | Message # 4
They didn't allow cameras at ECCC unless a guest had photo op.

However, I once snapped a photo of Wil Wheaton.... and didn't get busted.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

GaogaDate: Tuesday, 12 Jun 2012, 07:54 | Message # 5
It is enough to see our favorite stars though no photos can be allowed.

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
terminator model

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 14:20 | Message # 6
Nathan Fillion, Morena Baccarin and Summer Glau at Starfury the White Room, London 29-31 October 2004.
Montage by Summer Glau Fan

Nathan Fillion, Morena Baccarin and Summer Glau at Starfury the White Room

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 16:46 | Message # 7
Don't forget that Summer is scheduled to attend two fan conventions in the following months:

But this year Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo caught my attention because of the unusual guest lineup; while Summer and a few others are conventions veterans, it's much more unsual to see Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage at fan conventions. See for yourself:

Lena Headey, Sarah Connor of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, current star of Game of Thrones, will be appearing Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to sign autographs, do photo ops, and participate in panels.

Other Terminator actors to appear are:

Michael Biehn, Kyle Reese in The Terminator, and the director's cut of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, Corporal Hicks in Aliens, and Lieutenant Hiram Coffey in The Abyss, will be appearing at the Calgary Expo Friday and Saturday only.

The following were mentioned but no dates given for appearance:

Linda Hamilton, Sarah Connor of The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Robert Patrick, T-1000 of Terminator 2: Judgment Day.

Peter Kent, rose to fame as Arnold Schwarzenegger’s stunt double, in no less than 14 films including: The Terminator, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, and Commando.

Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 2013 - Lena HeadeyCalgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 2013 - Peter Dinklage
Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 2013 - TerminatorCalgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 2013 - The X-Files

More informations at Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo website

Thanks to The1Russter for the heads up!

Mike_AnarchyDate: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 02:39 | Message # 8
Another thing to remember is that autograph hunters will go up and get stuff signed while one of their friends tries to take pictures of it being signed so they can later use those photographs are COA on Ebay.
But I am sure that events where you can buy a photo with the celebrity are ones where you can expect the staff to stop photos because they want your money.

Lat year, at Wizard World in Philly, you couldn't even see Patrick Stewart, they had him surrounded by walls so that no one could snap any photos.

That said, I'm going to Wizard World in Philly this year with my camera and my phone and I'm gonna snap as many photos of Summer as I can and I'll post them all here wink

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 02:44 | Message # 9
Quote (Mike_Anarchy)
That said, I'm going to Wizard World in Philly this year with my camera and my phone and I'm gonna snap as many photos of Summer as I can and I'll post them all here

I don't know you yet but i love you already wink

Oh and welcome to the Summer Glau Wiki!

Mike_AnarchyDate: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 03:06 | Message # 10
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (Mike_Anarchy)That said, I'm going to Wizard World in Philly this year with my camera and my phone and I'm gonna snap as many photos of Summer as I can and I'll post them all here
I don't know you yet but i love you already

Oh and welcome to the Summer Glau Wiki!

Haha, I love you too, and thank you wink

Message edited by Mike_Anarchy - Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 03:08

robboDate: Sunday, 17 Feb 2013, 03:25 | Message # 11
really looking forward to the photos that ye gonna post on the summer glau wiki. keep that camera snapping, and phone flashing mike should be really cool photos of summer glau, hope you get as many pics as you can and have a great time meeting summer glau, welcome to the summer glau wiki, smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 18 Feb 2013, 11:58 | Message # 12
Sean's Adventures at Dragon*Con 2010; Summer Glau sighting at 3:33 of the video.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 22 Feb 2013, 11:07 | Message # 13
Great poster for the 2006 FX Show, Florida - January 27-29, 2006! Nothing surprising if you know that sci-fi artist Jason Palmer did it.

FX Show, Florida - January 27-29 2006

More photos from the convention in the Gallery.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 14:24 | Message # 14
Australian fan getting in trouble for filming Summer Glau at Supanova Perth 2010; Summer at 0:45:

Supanova Perth 26-27 June, 2010
More photos of the event in the Gallery

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 29 Apr 2013, 10:08 | Message # 15
It could be you posing with Jewel Staite and Summer Glau at next Ottawa Comic Con

Starfury Serenity Squared 18-20 Nov 2005

There will be a Firefly Cast Q&A featuring Jewel Staite & Summer Glaunad group photo as well; read more in the News.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Taking photos of Summer at conventions...
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: