menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer at Dallas Comic Con 2012
Summer at Dallas Comic Con 2012
riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 30 May 2012, 15:52 | Message # 46
Group: Friends
Mark Walters had the opportunity to make a great interview with Summer at DragonCon 2010.

That's one of the cons where Summer went barefoot, like River.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

REGDate: Wednesday, 30 May 2012, 15:52 | Message # 47
they still have HD DVDs? i thought that was a dead format?
though i realize that if it is a HD DVD that it was purchased when it was still possibly a feasible format.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2012, 16:00 | Message # 48
Group: Administrators
Gary confirmed us today that it's a pleasure to be a handler at Summer's signing table :

And also that she don't charge volunteers (we knew that from the Calgary Comic Con already) :

click on images for larger size
Dallas Comic Con May 19 - 20, 2012

summer glau autograph Dallas Comic Con

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KaliDate: Wednesday, 30 May 2012, 21:37 | Message # 49
The serenity HD disc is in full color, black and blue shades, the disc she is signing is not. I saw a version of B/S apoc. that is b.w pictures and it kinda looks like its black and white in the case. and kid dvd's are more likely to come in colored cases(says the girl who has worked in electronics for 9 years). See pictures below smile And yes..HD quickly went to the wayside. It's the only format I do not have Serenity in though you can still purchase it on the internet. I might still just to say I have all the US versions. Muhaha. By the way :P to Europe for getting a 100th anniversary steelbox edition when we don't. You guys get all the really cool stuff. I need to find a player that'll do region 2 discs one of these days so I can buy them!

I'll look when I get home from work tonight and see if I can find a pic of the inside of the case to confirm. smile

Kali

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2012, 21:37 | Message # 50
Neil got an autograph and a photo with Summer.

Summer Glau and myself. She was so cool to chat with and when she heard I was from Canada. I found out that she loved Canada a lot!

Neil insisted he DID NOT hover hand Summer smile

The funny thing is i had my hand on her back and right when I took it away they snapped the photo. This has also happened with me as I met Julie Benz and Clare Kramer. :-|

summer glau at Dallas Comic Con

summer glau autograph Dallas Comic Con

Source : Neil Makohon

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 30 May 2012, 21:54 | Message # 51
Quote (riversfeet)
Mark Walters had the opportunity to make a great interview with Summer at DragonCon 2010.

That's one of the cons where Summer went barefoot, like River.

That's right biggrin

Dragon*Con, Atlanta - September 3-10 2010

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 31 May 2012, 19:17 | Message # 52
In this video, my favorite actress can be seen at her signing table..for about half a second wink
Look at 3:40 of the video :

On the Floor at the Dallas Comic Con! - Variant

click on images for larger size
Dallas Comic Con

And this screencap is for my friend Gary (look at 0:50 of the video); thank you Gary for taking care of Summer during her signing session!
Well, obviously Gary let down Summer in order to flirt with another woman tongue

Dallas Comic Con

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 31 May 2012, 19:19

The1RussterDate: Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 13:13 | Message # 53
Group: Writer
Is it just me, or was there a more positive vibe from the Dallas Comic Con than previous Cons that Summer Glau has attended in the last year or two?

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 14:12 | Message # 54
Quote (The1Russter)
Is it just me, or was there a more positive vibe from the Dallas Comic Con than previous Cons that Summer Glau has attended in the last year or two?

It's you tongue

The coverage i made of the con in the forum and in the Wiki blog gives that impression; i reported funny and touching anecdotes from fans, highlighted funny pictures,...All positives and entertaining things.

But i didn't reported the testomony saying that Summer's Q&A panel was boring and the growing polemic on the mess at the con because the Irving Convention Center was too small for the record attendance (11 000 visitors last years and between 15 and 18 000 this year).

Edit :
Look at the blog post i just made, it's a distorted, fanboyish, but at the same time innocent, vision of the reality; it may give someone the feeling that everything is fine and revolves around Summer Glau whereas it's not the truth. But hey, i have to feed the Summer Glau Wiki with content wink

When The Hunger Games meets Summer Glau!

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 17:08

The1RussterDate: Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 15:38 | Message # 55
Group: Writer
The positive vibe I was referring to was in reference to the feed back from those who went to this con compared to previous cons Summer attended in the last year or so. Summer even looked more up, more vibrant, in photos from this con than I've seen in a long while.

---

Personally, I find all Q& A's boring regardless of the guest. By this time I imagine all the questions that could be asked about Summer's experiences with Firefly, Terminator, Joss Whedon, etc. have been asked and we will learn nothing new. I'd much rather read a transcript of the highlights then go to the video for more detail if curious. I don't know about you, but most times I can't understand the audio in most video recordings of panels. A lot of it has to do with the sound system and the proximity of the person recording it on their cell phone or camera to the speakers in the room.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 02 Jun 2012, 16:11 | Message # 56
100% agree about the audio of panels videos; if it's difficult for you, imagine what it is like for non English natives.

Seing pictures like this one, shows that both Summer and Kaitlin had a good time. To my knowledge, this is the first time another member of the family poses with Summer (though i'm sure Summer sisters and mother already did it, without us seing a picture).

However, i'm wondering to what degree the problems at the con (too much attendees compared to the capacity of the location, lines that crossed, not enough food and free water points,...) could have derailed the smooth conduct of Summer's signing session for example; i have no direct testimony that Summer herself was aware of that though.

Also , a con-goer told me that he had to had to sneak pics of her because "They were complete Nazis on pictures being taken of her so I was sneaky with my phone until I got busted."; while he was able to have pics of Laura Vandervoort and Kevin Conroy (Batman's voice) with no difficulties. I guess it has something to do with the fact that Summer had photo op at her table with the attendees camera while the other, planned for a long date, guests had photo op scheduled with a professional photography company.

UPDATE on the photo op : "it was the same for Laura but not Kevin he was free all the way. It cost $10 to get Laura's."

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 03 Jun 2012, 07:27

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 09:59 | Message # 57
Not wanting to add to the polemic but i thought it would be fair to add another view about the con.
Here's the response to the negative comments about Dallas Comic Con at SciFi fx.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 09:59

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 19:58 | Message # 58
Me, Summer Glau, and James hanging out!! Such a sweet woman and very soft spoken!! What a cutie!!!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 06 Jun 2012, 00:47 | Message # 59
Victor shared with the fans at the Facebook group "Summer Glau - A Woman We Love" the nice story of his meeting with Summer at this year Dallas Comic Con :

Victor Smith
‎@ Dallas Comic-Con with the beautiful Summer Glau. She was very kind to talk to me for several minutes even though the line to see her was crazy long. Very sweet woman and has this gentle grace about her.

click on image for larger size

A huge thank you to Victor biggrin

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 06 Jun 2012, 00:48

VicDate: Wednesday, 06 Jun 2012, 08:09 | Message # 60
HI, I'd like to add to the DCC discussion that my son and I have been to many of the Dallas shows the last few years and this was by far the biggest and most crowded. And yet everyone seemed to have a great time and the general attitude and feel was a positive one. From a logistics standpoint I think there are probably some things that can be improved on as far as the huge lines but it didn't dissuade us for planning for the next Dallas Con in October. We are also planning on the Austin Con in the same month biggrin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer at Dallas Comic Con 2012
Search: