menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer at Dallas Comic Con 2012
Summer at Dallas Comic Con 2012
chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 01:25 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators

Summer Glau has been announced as final guest for Dallas Comic Con, held May 19-20, 2012 at the Irving Convention Center 500 W Las Colinas Blvd Irving , TX.

We are very happy to announce the addition of our last DCC guest for this summer convention..... How about a round of applause for Firefly, Serenity, Terminator, BigBang Theory, SUMMER GLAU!

Summer is coming both days, Saturday and Sunday (see hours below); along with her presence at the Exhibit Hall (1st floor) for the autograph session, Summer will have a panel at 1:00pm on the main stage (4th floor Grand Ballroom).
You can get an autograph at her sigining table for $40. Photos with Summer will be made at her table for a fee (price to be determined).

EVENT HOURS
Saturday 11:00am - 7:00pm,
Sunday 11:00am - 4:00pm.

TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE CONVENTION.
Saturday $25.00,
Sunday $20.00.
Kids ages 5-12 $5.00,
Under age 5: free.

More informations at Dallas Comic Con website.

Some of you are surprised by such a late announcement that don't left much time to plan a trip to Dallas but due to new film commitments, Kristanna Loken was no longer able to attend and the Dallas Comic Con had to replace her at the last minute.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 02:53 | Message # 2
Besides Summer Glau, other media guest include Patrick Steward (Star Trek : Next Generation), James Marsters (Buffy, Angel), Laura Vandervoort (Smallville, V), Adam West (original Batman) for the most famous.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 03:22 | Message # 3
I like how Summer Glau has become the biggest draw at the convention, the moment her name was announced!

Here's the updated Facebook banner of the official Dallas Comic Con account.

Click on image for larger size
Dallas Comic Con Facebook banner

The previous banner were like this one, only the names and photos on the right changed but the large frame on the left has always been the convention logo...until Summer appeared cool

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 03:48

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 03:28 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I like how Summer Glau has become the biggest draw at the convention, the moment her name was announced!

Despite her fellow guests aren't just nameless nobodies either.

Well done Summer!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

REGDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 11:18 | Message # 5
that is awesome. Summer spreading the love to more fans smile

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 16:31 | Message # 6
Summer seems to be the biggest draw no matter where she goes. I think we should just crown her "Most popular celebrity ever" and call it a day. happy

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 16 May 2012, 20:29 | Message # 7
A little statistics : Summer is the fifth member of the Firefly/Serenity cast to have come to Dallas Comic Con this year, she is also is the fourth actor/actress to come since last DCC who has made a guest appearance on "Big Bang Theory": (1) Stan Lee, (2) George Takei, (3) Eliza Dushku, and now (4) Summer Glau.

REGDate: Friday, 18 May 2012, 04:32 | Message # 8
Quote (riversfeet)
Summer seems to be the biggest draw no matter where she goes. I think we should just crown her "Most popular celebrity ever" and call it a day. happy

yes that would be the best happy biggrin

Quote (chrisdvanne)
A little statistics : Summer is the fifth member of the Firefly/Serenity cast to have come to Dallas Comic Con this year, she is also is the fourth actor/actress to come since last DCC who has made a guest appearance on "Big Bang Theory": (1) Stan Lee, (2) George Takei, (3) Eliza Dushku, and now (4) Summer Glau.

interesting. i think that she will be the biggest draw there too. even though Stan Lee is a legend in his own time. though i am not really a fan of Marvel. i am more a DC fan.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Friday, 18 May 2012, 04:35

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 18 May 2012, 10:06 | Message # 9
Update on Summer's schedule at the con :

She won't be signing until after her Q&A panel on Saturday at 1pm because her flight lands around noon Saturday; she goes straight to her Q&A panel and then autograph/photos for rest of weekend.

Also she's bringing her own pictures to be signed at the con; no info on the fee yet.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 18 May 2012, 10:38

FermiDate: Saturday, 19 May 2012, 20:26 | Message # 10
According to the buzz on twitter Summer Glau plane was a little late , so her Q and A starts now.

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Saturday, 19 May 2012, 20:38 | Message # 11

Images from the panel :P Summer Glau! Talking Pink Power Ranger, Sarah Connor and Big Bang Theory.

by @MFAngeleeta, @Trekkie_Gurl and ‏@SOLEB7891
Attachments: 3818161.jpg(70.6 Kb) · 2544957.jpg(63.9 Kb) · 8292314.jpg(66.1 Kb)

FermiDate: Saturday, 19 May 2012, 20:52 | Message # 12
Here are some reports from Summers Q and A panel

Quote ("@Trekkie_Gurl")

A little kid ask "how was it being in Cargo box for very long time"Summer " cold"

Quote ("@TheShawnG")

Little kid: "Was killing the reavers in Serenity your favorite part?" Summer: "It wasn't bad."

Quote ("@TheShawnG")
Summer wants to make a cameo on Community.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 20 May 2012, 00:07 | Message # 13
Matt McIntosh
@SciJunkie119
#summerglau looking good

click on image for larger size
Dallas Comic Con May 19 - 20, 2012

Fox012Date: Sunday, 20 May 2012, 00:39 | Message # 14
Group: Users

A little kid ask "how was it being in Cargo box for very long time

Summer: Cold

biggrin Good Reply Ms.Glau happy

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

FermiDate: Sunday, 20 May 2012, 05:55 | Message # 15

Video panel of Summers A and Q at Dallas Comic Con.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer at Dallas Comic Con 2012
Search: