[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 8 of 9«126789»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
REGDate: Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 09:19 | Message # 106
Group: Friends
at OzComicCon they did specifically say not to take photos after the first 5 minutes @ Jewel Staite's panel. i think they also said no recording video. but there was a guy that had a tripod that was recording from the start to the finish of her panel. i don't know if he got told off or what happened. but i haven't seen that footage surface anywhere on the internet.

i wonder why Canon put a 10 minute time limit on it? seems kind of strange to me. it looked like it was shot from further back. but as you said that is probably due to the auto focus.

but yea at Supanova the only thing they said was to stop taking photos after 5 minutes at Morena's panel. i think she requested that.

i think i may have to attempt recording a panel next time. though i don't have a video camera at the moment.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 30 Apr 2012, 08:55 | Message # 107
Group: Administrators
Joanna blogged on her trip to Supanova Gold Coast, including her photo op and panel with Summer :

click on images for larger size
Supanova Gold Coast April 21 - 22, 2012

Taking photos with the Summer and Morena was nerve racking for us. We wanted to get our money’s worth, so we had to try and figure out what to say and do and how to pose with them. In the end, I ended up doing the same pose and saying the same things to each of the actress – “Hi ___ how are you?” Arm around waist, smile to camera, take photo, say “thank you,” and as I leave say “I love you!” and walk away. V.T. well he was lucky with Summer, he got a photo with her doing a fist bump and got a hug in the end, so friggin’ lucky.
In the afternoon, V.T and I went to Summer Glau’s panel, which was held in a theatre room. The panel allowed fans to go up to a microphone and ask Summer Glau questions, and so that’s what I did. I tried to steer clear of asking her questions from her sci-fi and “geeky” shows which a lot of people were asking her about. I asked why she chose to do a lifetime film, and whether she could still do a pirouette, her response to the pirouette question was quite funny.

And here's the photo op with the famous "V.T." :

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 30 Apr 2012, 08:56

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 30 Apr 2012, 17:19 | Message # 108
Cosplayer SuckerPunchBaby, wearing a Cinderella costume, confessed me that Summer Glau said she looked beautiful :

click on image for larger size

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 30 Apr 2012, 17:20

luppino94Date: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 13:46 | Message # 109
haha yea mate..
she let me get a photo with her outside the booths as you can see

she wanted a photo with an r2d2 that one of the guys in the 501st has
went into the professional photo's

when she was about to leave the building for a break

i just approached her and asked her for a photo

she recognised me

her guards and manager tried to stop me and pull me away

she stopped them and said yes, thanks for the r2d2 photo

very lucky boy biggrin

P.S
i had no idea that this pic was going on these forum things
i just put it on twitter
just found it now and quite surprised to see it

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 13:56 | Message # 110
Hi luppino94, and here's your photo with Summer :

There's a fairly good chance that photos like this shared on Twitter ends up on fansites like the Summer Glau Wiki (it's true for all fandoms i guess); i hope you don't mind btw smile

It's very appreciated by the fans who couldn't go to the convention; thank you for adding the story that goes with the pic, it shows once again Summer's kindness.

Does Summer really have body guards or it was just Supanova volunteers?

luppino94Date: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 14:07 | Message # 111
Na i dont mind, i shoulda known that it would get around

yea she was really nice about it, and was happy about the photo

not guards.. i should re-phrase that

her manager, nova volunteers and the door man haha

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 14:33 | Message # 112
Quote (luppino94)
Na i dont mind, i shoulda known that it would get around

yea she was really nice about it, and was happy about the photo

not guards.. i should re-phrase that

her manager, nova volunteers and the door man haha

I prefer that, i was a little surprised when you said "guards". Lol

Another aussie, namely Oliver-Todd Hunter, shared his picture with Summer with us :

Oliver-Todd Hunter ‏ @OliverTwist26
@chrisdvanne no problem p.s I asked Summer why she doesn't have Twitter and age said her mum keeps telling her to and shes thinking about it

Supanova Melbourne April 14 - 15, 2012

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 14:46

riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 23:52 | Message # 113
Hopefully if Summer does get twitter she changes her password every so often so it doesn't get hacked again.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 23:57 | Message # 114
Quote (riversfeet)
Hopefully if Summer does get twitter she changes her password every so often so it doesn't get hacked again.

I think it was her Facebook account that kept being hacked, Summer has never been on Twitter. But your remark is still accurate.

REGDate: Thursday, 03 May 2012, 15:05 | Message # 115
yes it was her Facebook.

REGDate: Thursday, 17 May 2012, 11:11 | Message # 116
i thought i'd share this as i remembered it recently.

Summer's favorite episode of Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles is Allison from Palmdale as she told us @ her Seminar Q&A @ Supanova on 14th April 2012.

it is my favorite too. not just because it's Summer's but because it's a Cameron origin story. and being a huge fan of the Terminator franchise i like to know about each model and how they came to be, etc.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 19 May 2012, 08:51 | Message # 117
Brad got his DVD copy of The Cape signed by Summer Glau at Supanova Gold Coast; here's the report :

So about a week ago I went to Supanova comic con on the Gold Coast. After three hours on public transport I went in and lined up for autographs.

I started with Summer Glau. Her line was one of the longer ones (the actors who played the Weasley Twins in the Harry Potter movies had a longer line). I think that Summer Glau is a very attractive woman on the screen but in real life she took my breath away. I was lucky that I was about 12 people back so that I had a some time to compose myself. I rocked up with the cover to The Cape for her to sign. I said that I was really disappointed when I heard that was cancelled – she agreed and looked wistfully at the cover for a few seconds. “sorry” she said, “I was just reminiscing” So that made my day.

Source : Supanova visit report

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 20 May 2012, 02:42 | Message # 118
Late posting but Alexis bright smile while between Morena and Summer was worth the wait :

lexy2011 Alexis Peters
Feeling special between two amazing women Gold Coast 2012 @SupanovaExpo

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 20 May 2012, 02:43

REGDate: Sunday, 27 May 2012, 09:34 | Message # 119
i just read this article and i am quoting this from there:

The experience of meet the celebrities always gives me this sensation that somehow I’ve been made important for a few moments of their time.

that put into words partly how it is when i got to meet Summer and other celebrities. you get to have a photo and get autographs from them. that part of it is a moment captured in time that you can cherish for your entire life smile

and also this:

There was a camaraderie among me and my fellow fanboys.

even though you are strangers to each other. there is a certain understanding and familiarity amongst us fanboys and geeks. we share common interests and for the time you are there it feels like you are part of a large family smile

Message edited by REG - Sunday, 27 May 2012, 09:37

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 09:37 | Message # 120
Melbourne Browncoats are fans of Joss Whedon’s television series “Firefly ” and movie “Serenity”, and other projects involving cast and crew of the Whedonverse (non-profit organization).

Here are shiny photos of their booth at Supanova Melbourne 2012 :

Quote (Melbourne Browncoats)
Come and see us today! We're at J1 on the Supanova Artist Alley Map. We've got shiny stuff for sale, raffle goodies to win and lots of events to tell you about!

click on images for larger size
Melbourne Browncoats at Supanova Expo 2012 Melbourne Browncoats at Supanova Expo 2012 Melbourne Browncoats at Supanova Expo 2012
Melbourne Browncoats at Supanova Expo 2012 Melbourne Browncoats at Supanova Expo 2012
Credit photos : Melbourne Browncoats

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 09:39

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Page 8 of 9«126789»
Search: