menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 26 Apr 2012, 16:51 | Message # 91
Group: Administrators
And another one from IMMy :

Supanova Melbourne April 14 - 15, 2012

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

ChrisDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 01:26 | Message # 92
Group: Friends
Quote (REG)
what do you mean you missed out "on all that" as a VIP?

I was being sarcastic, I sat down on the floor while waiting for the Serenity Sirens session to start and had event organisers coming up to check on me make sure I was enjoying myself etc, where as it was like other people there didn't exist so long as the VIPs were happy.

Anthony Luppino looks like he got lucky getting his photo and he made a great choice of t shirt with the ADIDAS top (All Day I Dream About Summer)

REGDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 05:57 | Message # 93
Quote (RNBM)
You have to give REG a break. He is a big guy and his arms go right past Summer shoulder. So his hand sticks out past her shoulder.

I love this sight. No where else do you get flamed for doing the hover hand. happy

lol yea i didn't really have anywhere else my hand could go. i suppose i could have rested it on her shoulder better or whatever but being as nervous as i was, i was trying hard not to look like a goofball tongue

Quote (Chris)
I was being sarcastic, I sat down on the floor while waiting for the Serenity Sirens session to start and had event organisers coming up to check on me make sure I was enjoying myself etc, where as it was like other people there didn't exist so long as the VIPs were happy.

Anthony Luppino looks like he got lucky getting his photo and he made a great choice of t shirt with the ADIDAS top (All Day I Dream About Summer)

ahh i get it now. i don't always get sarcasm IRL and especially on forums lol.

and yea that is lucky how he got a photo with her outside the booth. and i didn't even think of that about ADIDAS. clever!

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Deense ‏ @Deensey
It's war between Summer and Morena. it's an argument over who loves me more :

i have been meaning to ask what exactly do the autographs say on this photo? i cannot make them out completely lol.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 07:16

ChrisDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 07:32 | Message # 94
To Denise,
All of my love. Summer doesn't have any love left for you. She gave it all away to her fans.

Morena Bacarin

Dee my darling, you will always know the truth. Nothing could come between us... Especially Morena XX

REGDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 07:37 | Message # 95
lol! they have such a great sense of humor!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 16:55 | Message # 96
Supanova don't allow filming of the guests panels but they release podcasts of selected panels, unfortunately not Summer's; that's what they answered to Richard and i :

riversfeetDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 18:23 | Message # 97
They're just keeping it all to themselves. At least we have the one short video on YouTube of Summer discussing Natalie Portman.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

FermiDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 19:30 | Message # 98
As a consolation here is a longer clip of the first 18 minutes of Summer Glau's Q&A at Supanova Melbourne

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 20:55 | Message # 99
Oliver Brookes

Supanova Gold Coast April 21 - 22, 2012

Oliver told Summer how he flew up from Sydney as he missed out on meeting her in Sydney 2010 and Summer asked him if she could have a hug, Oliver was so excited and answered with a massive yes.

You can't stop the signal!

SektorDate: Saturday, 28 Apr 2012, 13:30 | Message # 100
One thing she said during the Melbourne Q&A was that she finds Australian accents sexy. I hope someone recorded it. It's not in the first 18 minutes.

Message edited by Sektor - Saturday, 28 Apr 2012, 16:17

REGDate: Saturday, 28 Apr 2012, 14:26 | Message # 101
Quote (Sektor)
One thing she said during the Melbourne Q&A was that she finds Australian accents sexy. I hope someone recorded it. It's not in the first 18 minutes.

yea though i have lost my accent or maybe i just don't notice it *shrug*.
i bet the full hour video will turn up eventually. at least i hope so.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 28 Apr 2012, 16:04 | Message # 102
Quote (Sektor)

Thanks for mentioning it and welcome to the forum Sektor!
Feel free to share other anecdotes (or pics) if you like; fans like to hear from people who met Summer at conventions smile

It looks like people recorded the panel, even if it was not allowed.

riversfeetDate: Saturday, 28 Apr 2012, 21:05 | Message # 103
It's funny that Summer asks HER FANS if she can hug them. Who's gonna say no?

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

REGDate: Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 08:41 | Message # 104
Quote (chrisdvanne)
It looks like people recorded the panel, even if it was not allowed.

i wonder how they managed to? i mean two volunteers were going around with the mic to people who wanted to ask questions. they must have seen people recording and didn't bother to stop them. or maybe the people who were recording hid their camera or phones in such a way that they couldn't be seen? in any case we and i are all grateful the risk that people recording took. thanks guys!

SektorDate: Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 09:07 | Message # 105
During the Supanova Saturday panels I went to, no one said filming wasn't allowed. They usually only tell people to stop filming if the speakers specifically request it. They just don't want camera flashes going off the whole time.

That 18 minute video was shot from the 3rd row with a Canon ixus220/elph300hs (it looks like a tiny point and shoot camera, no one would think it was a video camera). As you can see the auto focus can easily get confused (it doesn't have manual focus), it only has 5x optical zoom and it doesn't have very good stabilisation. It also stops recording every 10 minutes at 720P, so you have to push record again.

It would have been difficult to get a good shot from most positions (too many heads in the way). I'm not sure how many seats there were, maybe 400, not enough to guarantee someone recorded it.

At the start of the video, you can see two people with cameras.

Message edited by Sektor - Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 18:21

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Search: