menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
chrisdvanne_ Post # 61 | Monday, 23 Apr 2012 - 02:10
Group: Administrators
Greg Conroy Supanova Pop Culture Expo

Even though we had very little time together, Summer was obliging enough to do a Terminator pose with me.

Supanova Gold Coast April 21 - 22, 2012

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 02:10

Fermi Post # 62 | Monday, 23 Apr 2012 - 02:48
Cameron <3

Summer still has it. That is indeed a professional terminator pose, she got me convinced. I am really scared. Greg might need to go to terminator boot camp though. cool

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 63 | Monday, 23 Apr 2012 - 09:11
Erin ‏ @Angel_Fallen
@wilw Summer Glau was awfully smitten with my son at Supanova yesterday, any chance you could get this to her for me?

Chris Post # 64 | Monday, 23 Apr 2012 - 11:14
Group: Friends
Seeing this photo makes me think back to what Summer said in Melbourne regarding her character Skylar from Alphas and how she was looking forward to reprising that role and exploring being a mother. I don't know how to take that comment if she was thinking about it as a personal choice or just that its a completely new path for her to take in her career as most of her characters have not been likely to become a mother but she definately isn't put off by children although he looks like he needs some education onto the virtues of Summer Glau biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 65 | Monday, 23 Apr 2012 - 16:20
And now a special with my lucky friend Richard Grunwald :

Supanova Melbourne 2012

Quote (Richard Grunwald)
Me with Summer Glau!!
When I was getting my autograph from her on Saturday 14th April 2012, as she was signing it I was pretty nervous and I hesitated for a bit, and she was patient and nice enough to wait while I was trying to get out what I wanted to say (that is one of the reasons I like her), which is I told her that my favorite character on Firefly is River and she exclaimed "yes!" as she did a downwards fist pump.
I think she did that because she told us at her seminar Q&A that Firefly was her first major acting role and she learned about the mechanics of acting on there and that she didn't know any better about acting at the time and that is why I think she did the fist pump. I think because she is proud of her first major role and that it is my favorite of hers on that show. Then I told her that her playing a Terminator was a close second.
She asked me about my last name about where it originates from and I said it's German. Then she said that Glau is also German & that she is half German. Then I said I wouldn't have thought that. I found this interesting.
On the Sunday after the convention was over I thought I could have asked her if she can speak German. If only I had thought of asking her when I was getting my autograph. Sometimes you don't think of questions to ask until afterwards. Maybe next time.

Supanova Melbourne April 14 - 15, 2012

me with Summer Glau and Morena Baccarin!!

I stayed and watched both Summer Glau and Morena Bacarrin leave on Sunday 15th April 2012 after the last autograph signings. I was looking over at them as they were doing the last few autographs while I was in the line for the last Cliff Simon photo shoot and also after I had collected my Cliff Simon photo. I wasn't being a stalker, I just like them so much I had to stay to see them until the last minute.

When I asked if I could take photos of them doing the last of the autographs one of the volunteers said please don't as it would upset the guests and management.
I saw one girl sneak a photo while I was in line for the last Cliff Simon photo shoot. I wonder if they get in trouble for that?

Supanova Melbourne April 14 - 15, 2012

Edit : Richard was registering at the Summer Glau Wiki, under the username REG, as i was typing my message. lol

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 17:14

REG Post # 66 | Monday, 23 Apr 2012 - 16:47
Quote (chrisdvanne)
SummerGlau signing at @SupanovaExpo Melbourne 14/4/12

omg that's me! well the back of me anyway. (the tall guy).
i thought taking photos at the autograph table wasn't allowed? i got told by one of the staff that i couldn't but i guess people still sneaked in a snap here and there lol.

Quote (Chris)
OzComiCon in Adelaide, the line for Jewel Staite was massive she was easily the most popular star there, people were qued across the room 35 minutes before she was due to start signing autographs so I can only imagine what the lines will be like for Summer in Melbourne at Supanova!

yea i was there too. i was one of the last to get an autograph from Jewel on the Sunday lol. i almost didn't make it. she stayed past her allocated time slot. so glad that i got her autograph.
her panel was excellent too!

on day 1 of Supanova i spent pretty much all day in lines queuing for photograph and autograph tokens and then queuing for photos and autographs. i didn't get to do much looking around or shopping until day 2.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 19:08

John Post # 67 | Monday, 23 Apr 2012 - 22:59
When are we going to see some panel videos? Tell me someone took a video when they were there....

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Monday, 23 Apr 2012 - 23:29
Quote (John)
When are we going to see some panel videos? Tell me someone took a video when they were there....

I wish i knew wacko

There was videos for all other Summer Glau panels in conventions but only a brief one at Supanova Melbourne and nothing at Gold Coast.

Welcome to the Summer Glau Wiki btw.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 23 Apr 2012, 23:38

Chris Post # 69 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 03:22
Quote (REG)
yea i was there too. i was one of the last to get an autograph from Jewel on the Sunday lol. i almost didn't make it. she stayed past her allocated time slot. so glad that i got her autograph.
her panel was excellent too!

on day 1 of Supanova i spent pretty much all day in lines queuing for photograph and autograph tokens and then queuing for photos and autographs. i didn't get to do much looking around or shopping until day 2.

Yeah after seeing the massive line up in Adelaide to get Jewel's autograph I had no issues with getting the VIP Pass for Melbourne so you probably saw me walking by in the express lane to get an autograph (I think next year I will wear a flak jacket)

REG Post # 70 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 07:13
Quote (John)

the only video of the panel i've seen is that 4 minute one on youtube. i hope someone was able to get a video of the whole panel. i wrote down most of what i remember from being there but it would be good to re-live the moment.

Quote (Chris)
Yeah after seeing the massive line up in Adelaide to get Jewel's autograph I had no issues with getting the VIP Pass for Melbourne so you probably saw me walking by in the express lane to get an autograph (I think next year I will wear a flak jacket)

yea i remember you walking past.
btw how much were the VIP tickets if you don't mind me asking?

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Chris Post # 71 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 10:31
Quote (REG)
btw how much were the VIP tickets if you don't mind me asking?

$700 and I hate to say it but seeing the loathing stares of some people made it worth every cent the longer the weekend went on.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 72 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 11:18
@ Chris

Seems the VIP party was worth your money, according your comments on the forum and what i've seen online from other VIP tickets holders.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 73 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 12:59
Quote (John)

I found a video from Supanova Melbourne 2012 showing Summer Glau ...sort of :

Source : Melbourne Supanova 2012 - HD on Youtube (watch at 7:25 of the video).

Edit : apparently, filming the panels was not allowed at Supanova; here's the description for a video on Youtube :

James and Oliver Phelps, well known for their role as Fred and George Weasley in the Harry Potter movies. This is the first 10 minutes of their panel before staff kindly informed us that we weren't actually allowed to be filming ^^;

Filmed at the first Gold Coast Supanova, Sunday 22nd April 2012, in Australia.

Source : James & Oliver Phelps - Gold Coast Supanova 2012 on YT

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012, 13:43

Fermi Post # 74 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 19:18
Pete Ryan sent us this picture from Supanova.

Quote ("Pete Ryan")
I’ve been a huge fan for so long, to actually meet her was unbelievable to say the least!

I think I see a hoverhand XD

You can't stop the signal!

riversfeet Post # 75 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 21:06
It looks deliberate.

Summer sure wore a lot of tops at Supernova.

I like that Summer (?) drew angel wings on herself on that one photograph.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Search: