menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
FermiDate: Sunday, 15 Apr 2012, 12:57 | Message # 31
Group: Administrators
Here is one more

Supanova Melbourne April 14 - 15, 2012

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Sunday, 15 Apr 2012, 15:14 | Message # 32
Here is one from day 1

by whit3butt3rfly

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 15 Apr 2012, 15:47 | Message # 33
Paul ‏ @PaulTheNoob_
My awesome photo with Summer Glau! So pretty and kind and just so very lovely!!! "We are lookin good :)" indeed we are!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 15 Apr 2012, 16:26 | Message # 34
Great story involving Summer Glau and one of her fan, thanks to http://summerglaufan.com/ for the heads up :

Yesterday I had a photo with Summer Glau, and she told me my hair colour was adorable, my hair ribbons were cute and how in the world did I do that? After the photo, I pulled the ribbons out to show how you use two so as to get the bow on each side. She was really interested and in my flustered state I fled, only realising later I should have given her the ribbon! But that would have been weird and inappropriate, so when I got home, I pulled my ribbon out and got to work. I cut it so that one ribbon was slightly longer for prettiness sake, and I sewed one of the sides so it would be easier. Then my housemate found the pretty bag and I proceeded to argue with myself if it was appropriate or not to give it to her for the next 16 hours or so. Well, I did the sammich Serenity sirens photo, and couldn’t give it to her there so we went to have her sign Serendipitousfolly’s picture and then once she’d finished I stammered out my “Hello yesterday you said you liked my ribbons and I’m not sure if you can accept this but I made you a ribbons and sewed the side so it’s easier and it’ll have uneven hang by design because it’s cuter that way and I hope you like it” and she gushed and was really kind and grateful and she accepted it, called me honey an sweety AND THEN SHE GAVE ME A HUG. AND THEN SHE GAVE ONE TO SERENDIPITOUS TOO JUST BECAUSE. Then my legs gave out and we has to sit on the ground until the shaking stopped and then I burst into tears. Summer Glau is the nicest, most sweet person and I will follow her in quiet fandom until my dying day. Thank you for being so nice to these petrified and adoring fans Ms Glau, I don’t think you’ll ever understand how much that means to us, how much what you said and it adjusted our lives and views of ourselves. Thank you

Source : http://cornwankies.tumblr.com/

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 00:01 | Message # 35
Brooke McCann ‏ @ausvampirelover
#SummerGlau signing at @SupanovaExpo Melbourne 14/4/12

ChrisDate: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 02:35 | Message # 36
Group: Friends
Hey Guys and Girls,

I have lots of pictures not sure I want to upload them all since I think I look terrible in them all as always Summer was wonderful and so adorable pictures fail to capture how beautiful she is IMO. She was doing the signings with her Mom sitting next to her, I finally had the nerve to ask who she was on Sunday when I got my second Serenity Sirens photo signed by Summer and got introduced to Mary her lovely Mom.

Having a VIP pass I got to see her several times along with meeting her at the Cocktail Party which was a good thing as I was so nervous meeting her for the first set of 3 photos I had done with her then followed up by having my first Serenity Sirens photo and creating a Mastercard Priceless moment.

VIP Pass = $ 700
2 Nights Accomodation = $340
Fuel = $220
Photos and signatures = don't ask but I got a lot of Summer photos and signatures
Accidentally insulting Morenna Baccarin while leaving absolutely no doubt your a Summer Glau fan = Priceless

I had my photo with the lovely ladies Morenna was much taller than I expected and commented

"at least I'm not so nervous this time!" (I was so nervous and excited meeting Summer Glau my heart was racing and I couldn't think straight for the photos with her)

Morenna asked "what could we do to make you nervous then?"

Being the bright spark I was I said the first thing that came into my head

"I probably just need to look at Summer for 5 seconds again!" which prompted the response of

"What am I chopped liver?" wacko

Morenna was so nice though she said she didn't mind being second to Summer, she didn't forget who I was either though (she was nice so I guess I didn't make an overly bad impression). Summer recognised me on site and called me by name which took me by surprise when she walked into the Cocktail Party and said "hello Chris" surprised along with other talk and I got a hug almost spilling my drink on her but I was really surprised that she remembered me given she was meeting so many people if she wasn't doing photos or having lunch she was out signing autographs.

There was an artist there that had done a portrait print of Summer so I bought that and the pencil sketch he had done of her, checked he would be ok with me getting her to autograph them (needless to say he was more than happy with that) raced back making the most of the VIP pass and getting the dagger stares in the back to have them autographed, Summer and Mary liked the sketch so I offered to get the artists business card for her showed the artist the autographed work then took his card back to Summer getting more glares of hatred and loathing being able to que jump, Summer said I was really nice when I brought the card back to her (I have a card and will upload the details when I upload his autographed work!)

It was fantastic to meet Summer she is so quiet but really captivating when she does speak and I found looking back at my photos with her that it is completely impossible for me to not smile as hard as I tried instead I ended up with a smirk (total facepalm) each time I attempted to keep a straight face. At the cocktail party I was tired, sunburnt and had a few drinks thankfully Summer looked fantastic. (having trouble with the IPhone at work will have to do the pic later angry )

ChrisDate: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 02:47 | Message # 37
Emailed the pic from my Iphone to work
Attachments: 6073165.jpg(345.4 Kb)

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 06:46 | Message # 38
Wow, i'm amazed (but not surprised) by the effect someone like Summer can have on a big guy like you.
Epic fail with Morena, indeed wink

That's wonderful to have you commenting your meeting with Summer, all the more than you got to meet her several times at Supanova; thank you for that.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 07:39

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 07:45 | Message # 39
The Dave @dacoopman
#Supanovapics Summer Glau has the most adorable facial expressions

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 08:06 | Message # 40
A blogger at Bleeding Cool has reviewed Supanova Expo for you and suggested a few improvements; that's an excellent reading for someone who has planned to attend Supanova Goald Coast or another convention.

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 09:03 | Message # 41
KaitlinM ‏ @yourhaloslippin
Went to Supanova yesterday and met Summer and Morena. They were absolutely stunning and I was my usual awkward self. Overall good day.

Thank you so much Kaitlin for sharing your tweets and pics; it means a lot for us who couldn't attend Supanova Expo; also i think you're on a par with Summer and Morena's cuteness wink

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 09:10

riversfeetDate: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 17:42 | Message # 42
Kaitlin's just as cute as Summer. I like those glasses.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012, 12:58 | Message # 43
Quote (riversfeet)
Kaitlin's just as cute as Summer. I like those glasses.

Thanks for your nice words on Kaitlin; it happens that she's an unsecured teen, like we all were at that age, and it's important to let her know that we appreciate her; i'm sure you would make a perfect couple btw, what a pity you live in the US while she's in Australia wink

Also Supanova Expo is looking for volunteers.
More info : http://www.supanova.com.au/volunteers/

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012, 13:48 | Message # 44
dacoopman The Dave
Eh, one more batch of #Supanovapics. When Summer finally understood an Australian accent..

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012, 18:47 | Message # 45
A summary of my Serenity Sirens photos by http://cornwankies.tumblr.com/page/10

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 17 Apr 2012, 18:48

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Search: