menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 Mar 2012, 09:56 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Supanova Pop Culture Expo has announced via its Facebook official site that Summer Glau will join the April Tour of Melbourne, April 13-15 2012 and will help launch the Gold Coast expo!, April 20-22.

Summer looks forward to seeing all her fans at both the Melbourne and Gold Coast shows and will be appearing each Saturday 10.30am to 5.30pm and each Sunday 11am to 5pm for autograph* and photo* sessions, with one public Q&A (Saturday) and one Whedonverse Exclusive Q&A (Sunday) per expo.

* Autograph ($40 each) and photograph ($50 each) fees apply

Supanova Melbourne 2012 - Informations :
  • Melbourne Showgrounds, Epsom Road, Ascot Vale, Victoria 3032.

• Friday April 13th, 6pm to 10pm, 2012 (Preview Night plus pre-purchase of photo/signature tokens)
  • Saturday April 14th, 10am to 6pm, 2012
  • Sunday April 15th, 10am to 6pm, 2012

Gold Coast - Informations :
  • Gold Coast Convention & Exhibition Centre, Cnr Gold Coast Highway & TE Peters Drive, Broadbeach, Queensland 4218

• Friday April 20th, 6pm to 10pm, 2012 (Preview Night plus pre-purchase of photo/signature tokens)
  • Saturday April 21st, 10am to 6pm, 2012
  • Sunday April 22nd, 10am to 6pm, 2012

Tickets to the Melbourne and Gold Coast Expos will be on sale March 2nd from FOXTIX with a variety of ticket options from general admission all the way up to the "VIP Supa-Star Pass” or at the door.
    You can find a description of the various options at : Supanova Expo 2012 - Tickets

More info at Supanova website.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 22 Mar 2012, 12:11
  •  
    Marcel93Date: Friday, 09 Mar 2012, 11:48 | Message # 2
    Group: Friends
    That's Fabulous ^ ^
    But too bad back in the U.S.A :-( It would be great times when she would sometimes appear as a guest star on the Gamescom.

http://www.fanfiction.net
    http://www.fanfiktion.de

Message edited by Marcel93 - Friday, 09 Mar 2012, 11:55

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 Mar 2012, 12:47 | Message # 3
    Quote (Marcel93)
    That's Fabulous ^ ^
    But too bad back in the U.S.A :-( It would be great times when she would sometimes appear as a guest star on the Gamescom.

Back in Australia you mean?

The1RussterDate: Friday, 09 Mar 2012, 17:55 | Message # 4
    Group: Writer
    Great news for Australia. I hope my friend Sam will be able to attend. Oh to be an Aussie this April!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

ChrisDate: Saturday, 17 Mar 2012, 14:30 | Message # 5
    biggrin Just bought my ticket for the show, bit of a drive to get there but its closer then going to America like I was planning to for the No Fate Convention, I'll see what I can do for pics with Summer, then work on photoshop so you don't have to see my ugly mug in the photo!

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 17 Mar 2012, 17:02 | Message # 6
    Quote (Chris)
    biggrin Just bought my ticket for the show, bit of a drive to get there but its closer then going to America like I was planning to for the No Fate Convention, I'll see what I can do for pics with Summer, then work on photoshop so you don't have to see my ugly mug in the photo!

That's great Chris, i hope you will have a lot of fun! Are you going to Melbourne or Gold Coast?

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 22 Mar 2012, 12:47 | Message # 7
    Supanova Expo offers for sale a special pass for all Joss Whedon lovers called "Whedonverse Experience", available for the Melbourne and Gold Coast expo.

Here's a list of its advantages :

• Exclusively pre-purchase
    • Admission throughout the weekend including Preview Night
    • Exclusive Whedonverse Panels on Saturday and Sunday
    • Exclusive Whedonverse photo featuring YOU in between our three Whedonverse Supa-Stars.
    • One signature from all three (3) Whedonverse Supa-Stars (additional ones available for purchase)
    • Premium seating behind the Supa-Star VIPs at all panels featuring our three Whedonverse Supa-Stars
    • Priority Queuing, after VIPs, to pre-purchase photo and signature ops for ALL guests to minimise queuing time
    • Limited to 100 per expo – $395.00 each

We know already two of the three Whedonverse guests : Summer Glau of course, Elisabeth Rhom who played detective Kate Lockley in Angel but the third one is still unknow.

The Facebook account of Supanova Expo ask you to guess who this last Whedonverse guest will be; the winner (see requirements at the FB site) gets a freebie Whedonverse ticket.

Click on image to go to Facebook.

While we're at that, here's the promo poster of Supanova, just in case you were wondering which guest was the main draw at the convention.

Click on image to go to Facebook.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 22 Mar 2012, 13:10

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 23 Mar 2012, 14:38 | Message # 8
    Suspense is over, Supanova Expo has announced their third Whedonverse guest : Morena Baccarin of Firefly fame!

ChrisDate: Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 11:40 | Message # 9
    I'm going to the Melbourne Supanova bought the Whedonverse ticket as well so I should be able to get a pic or 2 of Summer hopefully.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 12:28 | Message # 10
    Quote (Chris)
    I'm going to the Melbourne Supanova bought the Whedonverse ticket as well so I should be able to get a pic or 2 of Summer hopefully.

Great, can't wait to have your feedback on the convention!

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 29 Mar 2012, 13:08 | Message # 11
    Beat Magazine, "Melbourne's longest running and most respected street mag", has published an article devoted to upcoming Supanova Pop Culture Expo.

Not only is a picture of Summer Glau used to illustrate the article but her participation to the con is particularly highlited :

Fan-favourite actress Summer Glau is returning to Australia as a guest of the always exciting Supanova Pop Culture Expo. Each year, Supanova brings international pop-culture stars Down Under to meet fans, give behind-the-scenes talks, pose for photos and sign autographs at its family-friendly expos. At the venues, fans of all ages can also enjoy movie previews and screenings, gaming demonstrations, competitions, the spectacle of AWF Wrestling, and the opportunity to collect desirable pop-culture items including comics, DVDs, figurines and more. This year, Summer Glau – well-known for starring in shows including Firefly, The Unit, The 4400, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and Dollhouse – will join Edward James Olmos, Jaimie Alexander, Peter Facinelli, Oliver and James Phelps, Wil Wheaton, Gil Gerard, Janet Fielding, Cliff Simon, Elisabeth Röhm, Richard Horvitz, Jim Kelly, Chandler Riggs and more for Supanova’s 10 year anniversary. Supanova Pop Culture Expo visit the Melbourne Showgrounds on Saturday April 14 and Sunday April 15, and we have 20 double weekend passes to give away. So, which celebrity autograph have you always wanted?

ChrisDate: Sunday, 01 Apr 2012, 09:35 | Message # 12
    Just got home from the OzComiCon in Adelaide, the line for Jewel Staite was massive she was easily the most popular star there, people were qued across the room 35 minutes before she was due to start signing autographs so I can only imagine what the lines will be like for Summer in Melbourne at Supanova!

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 05 Apr 2012, 14:05 | Message # 13
    Supanova Expo has published an event guide for all con-goers, including the Anime Area, the Cosplay championship (there's a River Tam cosplay on Saturday 14th April at 02:30pm), Seminars,...

Also included is the photo op schedule for the guests; Summer Glau will be appearing on Saturday 14th April 10:30am to 5.30pm and on Sunday 15 April 11:00am to 5pm for autograph and photo sessions, with one public Q&A (Saturday) per expo.

See blog post : Supanova 2012 Melbourne - Event Guide

Update : The Whedonverse Experience (photo op with three Whedon alumni, among other advantages) is canceled since a last minute project came up for Elisabeth Rohm; Whedonverse ticket holders will have a refund and Supanova offers a new opportunity for Whedonverse fans :

Quote (Supanova)
    As a special apology to all Whedonverse fans we’re offering up to ALL Supanova patrons, a special Serenity Sirens photo op with Morena and Summer. That’s you in between the two screen goddesses at no extra charge other than the usual price of a photo with each of them.

ChrisDate: Thursday, 05 Apr 2012, 23:32 | Message # 14
    I have to admit I was having a few interesting thoughts when I got the email announcing the Whedon Star cancellation, very relieved to find out it wasn't Summer once I opened it to read the email.

Interesting that there is going to be a River Tam cosplay I wonder how many Browncoats will be there dressing the part.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 10 Apr 2012, 09:18 | Message # 15
    Supanova has published a detailed guide for the autograph and photo ops; since all conventions have similar rules, it gives you an idea of the procedure if you plan to go on another convention in the future.

Supa-Star Autograph & Photo-Ops Fee Breakdown – April Tour 2012

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Supanova Expo 2012
    • Page 1 of 9
    • »
    Search: