menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » A gift for Summer?
A gift for Summer?
riversfeetDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 02:41 | Message # 1
Group: Friends
A friend of mine says sometimes fans bring gifts to celebs when they meet them at a con or a concert.

I was wondering, what do you think would be a good gift for Summer?

I was considering making a Pet Projects comic specifically for her.

Either that, or a pony.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 02:55 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
Quote (riversfeet)
I was considering making a Pet Projects comic specifically for her.

Yeah, i like that idea.

I sometimes see on videos from conventions or on pictures, fans showing her something that is obviously fan made, like a photobook. Watch the time you spend to show it while other fans are queuing though.

Since we have proved that Summer is barefoot on this type of events, a foot massage would be a perfect gift wink

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 28 Feb 2012, 02:55

riversfeetDate: Friday, 06 Apr 2012, 08:05 | Message # 3
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Since we have proved that Summer is barefoot on this type of events, a foot massage would be a perfect gift wink

Sadly, Summer had boots on at Emerald City.

But even then, considering she said at her panel that she has tendinitis in her heels, and arthritis in her toes, I'm not sure a foot massage would do her many favors.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

FermiDate: Friday, 06 Apr 2012, 14:40 | Message # 4
I think the best gift to give to Summer is a Calendar and a Scrapbook

You can't stop the signal!

Fox012Date: Friday, 06 Apr 2012, 23:23 | Message # 5
I Have a Photobook that Hopefully Summer Will Sign someday =)

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Friday, 06 Apr 2012, 23:28

REGDate: Thursday, 03 May 2012, 15:21 | Message # 6
i'd be way too nervous to give her a gift. i was so nervous as it is when i met her and talked to her at the autograph table.
but it has got me thinking that if i get the chance to meet her again, maybe i should have a gift to give her.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 03 May 2012, 17:16 | Message # 7
I'm wondering : Summer sees several hundreds of fans during these conventions; if only 1 out of 5 gives her a gift, it must make quite a volume at the end of the day.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

riversfeetDate: Thursday, 03 May 2012, 19:35 | Message # 8
I can't recall how many gifts she got at Emerald City. At most she got 3 "Pet Projects" comics from me, some flowers, a book, a cupcake, and a ring pop (as part of a proposal). I don't know what else she got.

REGDate: Saturday, 05 May 2012, 03:48 | Message # 9
what are "Pet Projects" comics? are they comics that you made with your own stories?

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

riversfeetDate: Saturday, 05 May 2012, 08:52 | Message # 10
It's a webcomic I have on Feed Tacoma.

http://comics.feedtacoma.com/pet-projects/

It's about a witch named Notle and her two pets Kaeley the cat and Spike the beagle.

Summer loved my comics. I wonder if she's reading more of them online as I gave her a link to the main archive page.

MattMDate: Wednesday, 23 Apr 2014, 21:32 | Message # 11
If any of you read my personal account of my meeting with Summer at the 2013 Philadelphia Comic Con, I'm sure you're aware that I presented her a guide to obscure tourist attractions throughout Pennsylvania, my home state. So in a way, I'm letting her in on some hidden gems that Pennsylvania has to offer. I just can't help but to wonder if she found something in that guide that caught her interest... Guess I'll ask her that if I have another opportunity to talk to her.

You can read my full account here:
http://summer-glau.com/forum/25-513-19567-16-1370494498

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » A gift for Summer?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: