menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Emerald City Comicon 2012
Summer Glau at Emerald City Comicon 2012
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 09:58 | Message # 61
Group: Administrators
A few comments on twitter about Summer :

Quote (@MadlyJosephine)
Summer Glau on Bennett Halverson: "I thought she was just a nice girl!" XD In other news, she's just as lovely in real life. #ECCC

Quote (@iamplaidon)
Summer Glau says that every acting job is a learning experience. #eccc

Quote (@NosmoRex)
Summer Glau was also super nice, and absolutely beautiful in person. Wowzer.

Quote (Jessica Schmidt)
LOVED working with #Summerglau at #ECCC all day yesterday and half of today. Would love to see her back again next year

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 15:43

riversfeetDate: Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 16:35 | Message # 62
Group: Friends
Also, I don't know if Summer's ever mentioned this in interviews before, but at the panel, SUmmer mentioned she has arthritis. Man, that's awful sad

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

riversfeetDate: Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 18:12 | Message # 63
Here's the girl who proposed to Summer with a ring pop.

https://twitter.com/#!/CassieTheDuke

BTW, does ANYONE have video footage from the panel where I'm asking Summer about if her foot ever healed, and Summer's complete answer to it?

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 18:37 | Message # 64
Quote (riversfeet)
BTW, does ANYONE have video footage from the panel where I'm asking Summer about if her foot ever healed, and Summer's complete answer to it?

Not sure i heard your question but i think she spkeaks in detail from her injury in video 3 or 4; someone has to check the videos of the panel on the news page : http://summer-glau.com/news....-02-276

riversfeetDate: Monday, 02 Apr 2012, 22:03 | Message # 65
Only a few seconds of her response is in video 3. Her response was much longer.

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 03 Apr 2012, 13:55 | Message # 66
Group: Writer
Looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Thanks for the stories, pictures and video. Makes it almost like being there for those of us who can't attend these conventions. Thank you!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 04 Apr 2012, 16:14 | Message # 67
The full Summer Glau panel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fJCt_wEbXU

My question comes up about 22 minutes in.

Message edited by riversfeet - Wednesday, 04 Apr 2012, 16:15

FermiDate: Wednesday, 04 Apr 2012, 17:58 | Message # 68
I had watch the whole thing she so sweet!

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 06 Apr 2012, 16:18 | Message # 69
The 2012 Emerald City Comicon, According to Bosco, with Cameos by George Takei, Wil Wheaton & Summer Glau at The Sun Break

Sunday: To borrow a phrase from Homer Simpson via Wil Wheaton, I’m not going to lie to you, Marge–by Sunday morning I was tired. Running on caffeine fumes tired. Somehow, heroically, I managed to get up and back down to the convention in time for my editorially-mandated [damn straight!-ed.] coverage of the Summer Glau panel.

The actress–best known for her role on Firefly [kickass!-ed.]and its movie sequel Serenity [awesome!-ed.] as well as TV’s Sarah Connor Chronicles [um...yeah-ed.] and Dollhouse [woohoo!-ed.] – was noticeably nervous at the beginning, but soon warmed up to the crowd, especially after the ham-fisted local radio personality handed things over to the audience for questions.

Glau talked about her transition from dance into acting, her love of westerns, and her desire to act in period pieces, and how she and her co-stars took Terminator classes to prepare for their roles as the latest in Cyberdyne system technology. When talk turned to her role as River Tam on Firefly, especially when responding to fans of all ages in the audience, she consistently choked up a little, obviously very touched by the impact that role continues to have.

riversfeetDate: Monday, 09 Apr 2012, 07:17 | Message # 70
I love this photo from the panel. It' looks like she's resting. She is just so pretty.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 18 May 2012, 14:48 | Message # 71
I thought it would be nice to hear what Jessica had to say about Summer since she was a volunteer (minion) at recent Emerald City Comicon :

Jessica Schmidt ‏@jlynnschmidt
LOVED working with #Summerglau at #ECCC all day yesterday and half of today. Would love to see her back again next year

Emerald City Comicon March 31 - April 1, 2012

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 31 May 2012, 20:55 | Message # 72
I like the double usage of the word 'accidental' biggrin

Quote (Megan)
I have a picture with Summer Glau. This will be my profile pic forever. (Accidental grope was accidental.)

Emerald City Comicon March 31 - April 1, 2012

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 31 May 2012, 21:04

riversfeetDate: Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 05:57 | Message # 73
Oh snap! That's the "ring pop" she got from that "proposal"!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 08:09 | Message # 74
Bennett Halverson from Dollhouse

Summer Glau said that I was the first Bennett cosplayer she's come across.

Summer's autograph says : "Time for your treatment"

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 08:12

REGDate: Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 14:03 | Message # 75
i just realized this but OzComicCon was on, on the same weekend as the ECCC...

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Friday, 01 Jun 2012, 14:04

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Emerald City Comicon 2012
Search: