menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 00:51 | Message # 46
Group: Friends
Lol, Summer is very adorable as always and she seems to try to advertise 5 gum the best she can through she repeats herself a bit too often because of it(not that the reporter asked too innovative questions either)

is it just me or does she really became more beautiful in recent years(maybe she became more womanly?)?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:16 | Message # 47
is it just me or does she really became more beautiful in recent years(maybe she became more womanly?)?

So I am not the only one who noticed that her face seems to have become a bit more mature in features in her thirties. Personally she was just as beautiful before when she was more baby-faced, but that is just preference.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:27 | Message # 48
Quote (FordStaff)
So I am not the only one who noticed that her face seems to have become a bit more mature in features in her thirties. Personally she was just as beautiful before when she was more baby-faced, but that is just preference.

Maybe thats the advantage of the people too young looking compared to their age. While they are young they may have difficulties but as they are aging instead of becoming too old looking they are becoming more beautiful than ever. Many woman would be jealous of Summers virtual "immortality" I think wink

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:37 | Message # 49
She did not look too young for her age before. In firefly when she was playing a 17 year old she did not just go out there and it happened. There was makeup and such things that made it happen in addition to Summer looking fairly young to begin with. I would not say that she ever looked that much younger than her age though. It is just that before she was a bit more baby-faced than now.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:51 | Message # 50
Quote (FordStaff)
She did not look too young for her age before. In firefly when she was playing a 17 year old she did not just go out there and it happened. There was makeup and such things that made it happen in addition to Summer looking fairly young to begin with. I would not say that she ever looked that much younger than her age though. It is just that before she was a bit more baby-faced than now.

Maybe not that extremely too young but she had or still has some features which make her younger looking compared to other people of her age like the somewhat "baby face" or her tiny body structure.

Doesn't matter. She was, is and always will be a Goddess!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 01:57 | Message # 51
Group: Administrators
Quote (FordStaff)
It is just that before she was a bit more baby-faced than now.

Summer cannot play teenagers anymore, unlike Thomas Dekker in The Secret Circle. Personally, i prefer the more mature Summer Glau.

I asked an artist to draw a portrait of Summer (manga style) a few days ago and the first draw he showed me was looking too young for my taste and i told him so.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:06 | Message # 52
Summer cannot play teenagers anymore

Not believably at least. The truth is that if television and movies used true teenagers that were actually their age many would find that they look way to young, so even when she played River it may have been pushing it.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:24 | Message # 53
Scientific note: I once saw in a scientific TV show in which a professor said that somebody sees a woman more beautiful and young( especially nowadays, its strange in itself too) if she has features more resembling a ~13 years old girl. Its not that frightening actually, its just an instinct which measures the presumed fertility level of the woman.

Features including beautiful symmetric face, tiny body structure( and not that overly big boobs).

Maybe thats the science behind Summers beauty?

Well, Summer still has those features so she may still be able to play young and beautiful roles.

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:32 | Message # 54
A symmetric face is attractive to every sex from every sex.

On average it has been shown in all cultures that attractiveness in the female and male faces is increased by different mature and baby-faced features. For female faces mature features that are attractive include pronounced cheek bones while baby face features that are attractive include large eyes.

For men it is more complicated because the ovulation cycle changes what females find attractive in the male face. When they reach peak fertility more mature features are preferred, but other wise more baby faced features are preferred.

I think it is fair to say that Summer must have a very good mix of mature and female facial features.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:41 | Message # 55
Quote (FordStaff)
For men it is more complicated because the ovulation cycle changes what females find attractive in the male face. When they reach peak fertility more mature features are preferred, but other wise more baby faced features are preferred.

Yes, male attractiveness changes for woman and not just physical features but overall behavior is a factor too. I think they love very masculine males during peak fertility.

Interesting that the "Summer type" beauty wasn't considered beautiful always.

In the past the boobed and "meaty" women were the ideal. Look at the Venus of Willendorf for example. I have no idea why the ideal changed recently(maybe in the past few hundred years? Pretty quick change I must say)

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:47

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:47 | Message # 56
In the past the boobed and "meaty" women were the ideal. Look at the Venus of Willendorf for example. I have no idea why it changed recently(maybe in the past few hundred years? Pretty quick change I must say)

The waist to hip ration is one of the features of attractiveness that has changed with culture. I do not believe the same can be said of the facial features I described however.

Another interesting phenomenon happens when you take the measurements of peoples faces and make a composite face that takes the average measurement. The more faces you put in the composite the more attractive the face gets for both men and women (in other words average is attractive).

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:57 | Message # 57
Quote (FordStaff)
The waist to hip ration is one of the features of attractiveness that has changed with culture. I do not believe the same can be said of the facial features I described however.

The attractive face remained relatively the same it seems I agree.

But its interesting nonetheless that we saw the "meaty" girls more fertile in the past then we suddenly changed to the opposite.

Quote (FordStaff)
Another interesting phenomenon happens when you take the measurements of peoples faces and make a composite face that takes the average measurement. The more faces you put in the composite the more attractive the face gets for both men and women (in other words average is attractive).

Yes, I heard that too. I think it has something to do with the symmetry and "perfection" of the face. I think the 13 years old thing came from that too, maybe because the face of a girl aged 13 is the closest to the composite female face?( I admit my memory fails me here, its been ages I saw that show)

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 02:59

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:07 | Message # 58
But its interesting nonetheless that we saw the "meaty" girls more fertile in the past then we suddenly changed to the opposite.

Well the common feature in cultures that find higher waist to hip ratios (meatier) is that food is not as easy to come by as in cultures that find lower waist to hip ratios more attractive. The explanation is that when food is scarce the females with higher waist to hip ratios will be superior parents while the opposite begins to become in true non-scarce cultures.

I think the 13 years old thing came from that too, maybe because the face of a girl aged 13 is the closest to the composite female face?

There are baby-faced features that are attractive AND mature features that are attractive in the female face. There is evidence that men find younger women more attractive. It would make sense with evolutionary explanations that younger women are more attractive because they are more likely to be fertile, but I do not believe it is pinpointed to thirteen year old age (as I pointed out there are mature features that are attractive too that are unlikely to be in 13 year olds).

I believe the composite face is more attractive because a face averaging many other faces is less likely to have features either too big or too small that occur in non-composite faces. Someone may have a nose too big, but be fine other wise so when put in the composite the nose size will be canceled by those with noses that are too small.

This is mostly from memory, but I am currently in a class discussing such things. If you want me to be completely sure I can pick up the text book later.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:09

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:35 | Message # 59
Quote (FordStaff)
This is mostly from memory, but I am currently in a class discussing such things. If you want me to be completely sure I can pick up the text book later.

Not necessary, I work from memory too and I just brought this up casually maybe if somebody has some thoughts about the matter, I'm glad that you had. On the other hand if you study it anyway I don't say it would not be interesting to hear about this more. But its definitely not mandatory or anything.

Quote (FordStaff)
There are baby-faced features that are attractive AND mature features that are attractive in the female face. There is evidence that men find younger women more attractive. It would make sense with evolutionary explanations that younger women are more attractive because they are more likely to be fertile, but I do not believe it is pinpointed to thirteen year old age (as I pointed out there are mature features that are attractive too that are unlikely to be in 13 year olds).

I memorized this 13 years old thing because it was a bit strange and all and I believe the reasoning was that the younger looking, almost child(with the standards of our instincts) female will have more child in her life than a mature one and thats why she worths more to have as a mate.

But as I said I'm not completely remembering the details so maybe I'm missing something. But if you say things from fresh memory then thats more likely true so I don't object.

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:47 | Message # 60
I memorized this 13 years old thing because it was a bit strange and all and I believe the reasoning was that the younger looking, almost child(with the standards of our instincts) female will have more child in her life than a mature one and thats why she worths more to have as a mate.

This could or could not be true. All I know for sure is that on average there are mature facial features that men find attractive in the female face that are unlikely to be found in someone as young as thirteen. So the female faces considered the most attractive on average are not going to have many if any thirteen year olds in the mix. There are certainly no women on any sexiest women alive lists or such things who look thirteen (I am assuming here, but I hope it is a safe assumption).

Maybe there is a misconception in that there are baby faced features that will be common in thirteen year olds that actually are on average attractive. But these features are attractive in female faces of all ages not just thirteen year olds. For example large eyes will be attractive in a thirteen year old, but also in a twenty year old.

What I am trying to say is that attractiveness of the female face will be benefited by both mature and baby faced features, not exclusively one or the other. Generally thirteen year olds will not have the chance to get the attractive mature facial features so will not on average look as attractive as older females who have both attractive mature and baby faced features.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 02 Nov 2011, 03:53

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
Search: