menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
FermiDate: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 21:33 | Message # 31
Group: Administrators
MTV interviews Summer Glau at New York Comic Con

NYCC 2011: Summer Glau on Fan Support

NYCC 2011: Summer Glau Talks Human Preservation Project

You can't stop the signal!

reiverDate: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 22:48 | Message # 32
Group: Friends
I have no words for Summer is adorable!!! smile

but the interviewer he's awfull...soooooooooooo amatuer!!!and works for mtv??!!???..omg!!!

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

FermiDate: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 23:44 | Message # 33
Quote (reiver)
I have no words for Summer is adorable!!!

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 23:51 | Message # 34
I must say that I found the interviewer a bit offensive.

Summer of course remained her gracious self, despite his callow manner.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 17 Oct 2011, 00:39 | Message # 35
Summer is very adorable and was not too intimidated like she is sometimes; at least Thomas Dekker was not here to steal the time of speaking.

I agree with other comments about that guy being a bit irritating; his questions reminded me of the silly questions asked by attendees at Knights of Badassdom Comic-con Panel 2011 ( Summer Glau Knights of Badassdom Comic-con Panel 2011 HD on Youtube); the difference being that the MTV interviewer is supposed to be a professional.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

This!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 17 Oct 2011, 10:05 | Message # 36
The inverviewer ask the mandatory question about sci-fi fans :
Let me repeat myself, if i'm happy Summer is considered as the sci-fi queen, i wouldn't mind seing her on other non sci-fi projects (like she did in Deadley Honeymoon or Legend of Hell's Gate). I wouldn't want Summer to be confined in the same sci-fi roles over and over because i want her to broaden her acting range and her fanbase.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 17 Oct 2011, 18:18 | Message # 37
Summer Glau made another interview at New York Comic Con for Complex.com

She talks Human Preservation Project of course but also her chance to be there and her career.

Source : Video: Firefly Star Summer Glau At Comic-Con Discusses Her Career, New And Old at complew.com

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 17 Oct 2011, 21:11

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 17 Oct 2011, 23:50 | Message # 38
Quote (Fermi)
MTV interviews Summer Glau at New York Comic Con

MTV Geeks has released the interview itself.

Basically, it sums up Summers comments during the interview; what catched my attention is the last sentence which also sums up the interviewer lack of elegance to say the least :
That fan support is hard to argue with: consider the number of shows on which Glau has appeared whose very vocal fanbases started vigorous letter writing and e-mail campaigns to keep the series alive when they faced cancellation.

Source : Summer Glau On 'The Human Preservation Project' And Fandom - NYCC Interview

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 00:26 | Message # 39
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

What strikes me in these interviews is that she was actually very confident compared to her previous interviews. She talked a lot, she did't have to search for words (that much). Earlier in the Attack of the Show interview she was destroyed by the interviewer who talked too much. Here she was able to manage even the irritating guy( look at her "are you an idiot?" expressions, those were funny). I was surprised how well she's done it.

Quote (michelangelo)
The inverviewer ask the mandatory question about sci-fi fans :
Let me repeat myself, if i'm happy Summer is considered as the sci-fi queen, i wouldn't mind seing her on other non sci-fi projects (like she did in Deadley Honeymoon or Legend of Hell's Gate). I wouldn't want Summer to be confined in the same sci-fi roles over and over because i want her to broaden her acting range and her fanbase.

I agree with you 100%. However she keeps repeating everywhere when the question arises that she has no intention of leaving sci-fi. Even in this interview she repeats it and that her love for sci-fi comes from the time when her mother used to read sci-fi to her and her sisters as bedtime story.

For example she said the exact same thing on a 2008 Terminator related Convention.

( At 2:36 starts the sci-fi related part , maybe the Sci-fi Queen title originates from here?)

She seems to want to remain at sci-fi at all costs and I don't know who would be able to convince her that she is wasting a great deal of her incredible talent this way.

She also said that she chooses roles only if she likes them which may be true considering the notable similarities between her characters.

Of course there are times when she is willing to do not that pleasant roles as well( like Deadly Honeymoon which she didn't like that much it seems despite she was incredible in that too) and of course she should do them if it'd help her career but she is not doing them enough.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 00:28

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 00:44 | Message # 40
Her apparent confidence and the way she was able to deal with the irking interviewer was a nice surprise for me.

To tell the truth, even the fact that Summer was chosen to be 5 Gum's spokesman was a little bit surprising, considering Summer is not an extraverted person and that it shows during interviews.
Yet i think the fact she's well known among sci-fi fans prevailed; more, Wrigley's 5 Gum press attache is here to supervise everything; take a look at the way Summer is constantly turning toward that person for her support during the interview, especially when she revealed the spoiler about Terry O'Quinn being her father (as if you didn't know it by now biggrin ).

Apparently Summer trained hard to deliver Wrigley's 5 Gum marketing message and she was pretty convincing for me : good job Summer!

Blazius, don't be fooled by Summer repeating she looks for sci-fi roles because she loves them, we already chatted about that; we know Summer has already-made answers for that type of question; i don't believe it personally.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 00:51 | Message # 41
Quote (michelangelo)
Blazius, don't be fooled by Summer repeating she looks for sci-fi roles because she loves them, we already chatted about that; we know Summer has already-made answers for that type of question; i don't believe it personally.

The bedtime story part is a nice touch through biggrin . I think you are right, this is the best answer she can give, but not necessarily true.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 01:00 | Message # 42
Still, i think you remember G4tv interview after Knights of Badassdom panel at recent Comic Con (with the same Kevin Pereira); Pereira asked Summer to describe Knights of Badassdom but she was unable to do it and Joe Lynch quickly came to her rescue; this time, Summer was able to describe her role as Natlia Suttinger in the Human Preservation Project and deliver 5 Gum marketing message (without quoting the brand) at the same time, without being disturbed by that irking interviewer.

This is why i say Summer did a good job, even if it can be improved of course; she deserved her paycheck and i hope Wrigley's people noticed that too.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 01:13 | Message # 43
Quote (michelangelo)
Still, i think you remember G4tv interview after Knights of Badassdom panel at recent Comic Con (with the same Kevin Pereira); Pereira asked Summer to describe Knights of Badassdom but she was unable to do it and Joe Lynch quickly came to her rescue; this time, Summer was able to describe her role as Natlia Suttinger in the Human Preservation Project and deliver 5 Gum marketing message (without quoting the brand) at the same time, without being disturbed by that irking interviewer.

This is why i say Summer did a good job, even if it can be improved of course; she deserved her paycheck and i hope Wrigley's people noticed that too.

She did a fantastic job of course. It was very surprising considering her earlier shyness. Seriously whatever job she gets be it acting or marketing she does it so so well, even defeating her own limitations that I wonder what job she couldn't do well? Thats why i'm angry that she has trouble finding a good job. A woman like her is so rare everybody should race for casting her.

They won't find another Summer Glau for centuries.

FermiDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 23:49 | Message # 44

This picture is taken by buzz feed
They asked Summer Glau about how she feels about Black Walnut Ice Cream

http://www.buzzfeed.com/donnad....edition

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Nov 2011, 18:17 | Message # 45
The long-awaited interview of Summer Glau for BuzzFocus at recent New York Comic con has been released. Summer talks The Human Preservation Project, Alphas, and her sci-fi fans.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
Search: