menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
FermiDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 21:04 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators

Pictures from the event in the gallery http://photos.summer-glau.com/thumbnails.php?album=260

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2011, 22:03 | Message # 17

update pictures without tags have been added to the gallery

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 00:07 | Message # 18
Summer Glau

People of marketing department have done their job well : Summer's clothes matches the black and white colors of the 5 Gum brand itself.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 01:57 | Message # 19
I know a lot of people expected more from the Human Preservation Project/Mission Firfly that an alternate reality game (ARG) and a sponsoring for a gum brand; but selling your image is part of the job of a public figure such as an actress and i don't see why Summer could not do it.

Most of the well know actors represents brands and noone blames them for that, i don't see why Summer fans should. I can understand that the viral campaign is different from an actresee hired as the public figure for a cosmetic brand and this viral could be misleading fans into thinking it was maybe hiding a movie or a tv show.

I hope the detailed informations i gave you about this operation did not misguided you; those who followed my comments on twitter knows i firmly believed there was nothing more behind this campaign than what was already known, aka an online game and the promoting of Gum.

As it turned out and without an interview from Summer herself saying otherwise, today's appearance confirmed that theory. I'm glad 5 Gum chosed Summer Glau for her new marketing campaign; i don't recall many fans protested when Summer guest starred in Keith Urban video clip. This campaign brings Summer exposure (and something to talk about for fans), while waiting for another project.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 02:38 | Message # 20
HQ images

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 02:42 | Message # 21
More HQ

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 04:25 | Message # 22
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
I know a lot of people expected more from the Human Preservation Project/Mission Firfly that an alternate reality game (ARG) and a sponsoring for a gum brand; but selling your image is part of the job of a public figure such as an actress and i don't see why Summer could not do it.

Most of the well know actors represents brands and noone blames them for that, i don't see why Summer fans should. I can understand that the viral campaign is different from an actresee hired as the public figure for a cosmetic brand and this viral could be misleading fans into thinking it was maybe hiding a movie or a tv show.

I hope the detailed informations i gave you about this operation did not misguided you; those who followed my comments on twitter knows i firmly believed there was nothing more behind this campaign than what was already known, aka an online game and the promoting of Gum.

As it turned out and without an interview from Summer herself saying otherwise, today's appearance confirmed that theory. I'm glad 5 Gum chosed Summer Glau for her new marketing campaign; i don't recall many fans protested when Summer guest starred in Keith Urban video clip. This campaign brings Summer exposure (and something to talk about for fans), while waiting for another project.

It was always my opinion that Summer should definitely promote herself outside of actual TV shows or movies especially if she currently has neither.
I suggested earlier that even negative press would be better than nothing and this is far better than that.

You just can't disappear for months from public, nobody knowing are you even alive or not. You must constantly funnel your image into the consciousness of the audience and the producers.

So in my opinion the problem isn't that she is doing this kind of thing now but that she hasn't done this earlier. Sadly the movie industry cares nothing how talented somebody is or how artistic is what she is doing. We are in a world where even George Lucas does everything now to destroy his own heritage( SW of course) only for money. Only business matters.

Summer wasted precious time by letting months going without any event. This little advertisement may even help her finding new possibly high profile jobs. Even for the appearance at the Comic Con it was worth the effort IMO . Better than nothing.

As for why was the campaing confusing?

Because they committed an awful lot of resources into it seemingly without any reason. Personally I leaned towards a sci-fi webseries because I had no idea why it was so geared towards sci-fi audience.

Two prominent figures in sci-fi appearing? The whole story is in a post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting? Bennett Halverson reincarnated biggrin ? Skylers fireflies?

I still don't know what they tried to accomplish with the setting. BTW I think the setting and the backstory was quite nice especially with Summer. With Summer and the Lost guy they may as well start a new series. They seems to have excess money to blow anyway and who knows, maybe it would be a hit smile .

BTW Summer is incredibly gorgeous on the Con. Her outfit is very simple but sexy as hell( especially because of the transparent top of course). Not that I expected her not to be gorgeous.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Nomad79Date: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 15:57 | Message # 23
Summer is gorgeous in that outfit...HPP may be an online game, but I'll still play it regaurdless. Think about it could really have some good fan fiction threads...just an idea. the story is there.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 16:39 | Message # 24
Quote (Nomad79)
Summer is gorgeous in that outfit...HPP may be an online game, but I'll still play it regaurdless. Think about it could really have some good fan fiction threads...just an idea. the story is there.

She looks great and in good shape in these pictures; not to mention the sexy outfit and see-through top.
At this stage, we don't know exactly if the creative writer of this online game have scheduled to developp the story around Natalia Suttinger, played by Summer Glau. My guess is that the answer is yes and i wouldn't be surprised to learn more about Natalia as the game progresses.

Maybe Summer will reveal more in the soon-to-be-published interviews made at Comic Con.

Nomad79Date: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 18:14 | Message # 25
True, people are already up in arms about this just being a game...stupid really. This is good press for Summer and gets her exposure. I'm really happy that she did this.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 01:04 | Message # 26
Quote (Nomad79)
True, people are already up in arms about this just being a game

These people are the same old hard-core TSCC fans; criticizing Summer is their favorite pastime. But being vocal doesn't mean you're right.

Edit : i have high expectations for Summer's career but i'm also realistic; Summer is not a A-list actress and she cannot afford to sit down and wait for Spielberg or Michael Bay's phone call. Her guest spot on Alphas was definitively a plus on her career; her appearance on Keith Urban's video clip is a basic acting gig and so his the job she did on the videos for HPP. This may not be high profile jobs but this is job nonetheless.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 01:17

Nomad79Date: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 09:16 | Message # 27
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Nomad79)
True, people are already up in arms about this just being a game

These people are the same old hard-core TSCC fans; criticizing Summer is their favorite pastime. But being vocal doesn't mean you're right.

Edit : i have high expectations for Summer's career but i'm also realistic; Summer is not a A-list actress and she cannot afford to sit down and wait for Spielberg or Michael Bay's phone call. Her guest spot on Alphas was definitively a plus on her career; her appearance on Keith Urban's video clip is a basic acting gig and so his the job she did on the videos for HPP. This may not be high profile jobs but this is job nonetheless.

I just got off the other TSCC wiki, actually I canceled my account...sorry to rant but It's a good idea to get away from all the negative crap being said about Summer or what she does. The reason why I joined this one was because there was none of that going on here and people actually support Summer.

Alphas is really a plus for her and hopefully they do bring her back.

reiverDate: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 14:35 | Message # 28
is critical for someone with benevolent manner is a good thing ... but elsewhere the benevolent and the other negative (not in this agreement rather not deal with the negative )....

And I am hardcore fan of tscc but I'm not sit down to continually criticizes ( i dont like it)
So am I realized that it is for a gum all these videos I expected something better but never mind something and this is...
And after more my friends I hope the plunge will do .... yet she is still young...so we waiting wink

(well i doubt that my english is good) lol lol

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

Message edited by reiver - Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 14:37

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 16:13 | Message # 29
@Nomad79 & Reiver

I'm glad the Summer Glau Wiki was untouched by these unproductive and sometimes disrespectful comments about Summer so far; i can understand disappointment or criticism but i always try to have a positive point of view. Sorry, it's my nature.

I just got off the other TSCC wiki, actually I canceled my account..

Lol. I have stopped counting the number of time i did it.
It's a shame because tscc forums are often interesting and have a sharp point of view to offer but the message is also often disturbed by non appropriate comments.

Nomad79Date: Sunday, 16 Oct 2011, 16:23 | Message # 30
Yeah it was an interesting place for the run of the show and before Fox pulled out the official part (Red Wiki) than the blue was brought online, people still fought each other over stupid things...but I guess with any cult scifi show you will always have the types that will find any excuse they can to critize the actor or actresses.

Star Trek and Star Wars are prime examples of fans going nuts over little crap.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at New York Comic Con
Search: