menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Eliza Dushku tackles The Daily Mail in open letter
Eliza Dushku tackles The Daily Mail in open letter
chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 01 Sep 2011, 19:58 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
I maybe not be a great fan of Eliza Dushku regarding her acting skills or her looks but i cannot help to congratulate her for sending a letter to the Daily Mail; she was responding to an article in the English newspaper that slammed Hayden Panetierre for charging $30 an autograph at the recent Fan Expo that took place at Toronto, August 25-28 2011. Eliza was also there for the con and posted an angry letter in retaliation.

Quote (Eliza Dushku)
Editor-in-Chief, The Daily Mail

Dear Sir,

I write to you because the piece of your paper that concerns me was anonymous. The piece was 27th August titled “Are times that tough Hayden?” ridiculing and attacking the actor Hayden Panettiere for participating in a Toronto Expo fan gathering where fans are charged money (Oh shock! Oh shame!) in exchange for autographs, signed pictures, and the chance for a bit of face time with their favorite celebrity.

My dear editor, how does Hayden’s action differ from what you do for much of the content of your “news” paper? There we have celebrities exchanging their name (sometimes willy-nilly, no permission asked), their time, and their pictures in exchange for a bit of publicity for their work. At least the fan shows (such as the current Toronto Expo one) are honest and up front about the exchange. In addition, at these shows both fans and celebrities get some precious small contact with each other as real people. Your paper does not provide that value.
Yes, you will have to tell me where you think you get off attempting to diminish a young actor who is attempting to reach out to fans in one of the only practical ways provided by the entertainment industry, an industry your paper is a part of and largely dependent on.
It is particularly shoddy that the author scoffs at Hayden’s lack of “Harry Potter” or “Spiderman” fame while leaving himself unnamed as “Daily Mail Reporter.” Talk about being a parasite! Does Daily Mail Reporter want to shoot down Hayden’s career, just at it’s beginning, and then take a salary for doing so. Seriously, Sir, for shame.

Eliza Dushku

Source : Eliza Dushku website

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 01 Sep 2011, 20:12 | Message # 2
Hayden Panettiere at the 2011 Fan Expo Canada Convention in Toronto (Fan Video)

Members of the Summer Wiki often complaind they'd like to have more opportunities to talk to and see Summer Glau; fan conventions are a good opportunity to do it in a respectful and informal atmosphere; the fact that the celebrities charge for signing or photo ops is natural.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 01 Sep 2011, 23:32 | Message # 3
The Daily Mail article read, “Fan conventions such as these have more of a reputation of attracting actors in the twilight of their careers.”

It may be the case for some actors but how could you say that abot Hayden, who is in her twenties.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Eliza Dushku tackles The Daily Mail in open letter
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: