menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Comic Con 2011
Summer Glau at Comic Con 2011
chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 08:18 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
I find their lack of respect for women disturbing!

Lol. I must say i missed it.

You're starting to think about the members and lurkers of the Wiki, like i do Blazius. We're not on chat board here where we can make private jokes as much as we want; we may be posting on the discussion forum but personally i never forget the hundreds of lurkers that read us.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 08:44 | Message # 17
@Blazius and 10000Days

Actually i find this clips funny; you must take them for what they are : these short scene do not compete for an award, it's just students pranks. It's heavy humor but it doesn't pretend to be something else. Lynch and Greene come from the geek culture, not from avant-garde films.
I'm sure that Lynch or Green can make the difference between a short movie and a well-constructed movie, with all the scripting, acting, scenery that goes with it.
Besides Summer would never have accepted to play this kind of role; more, a lot of well-known companies in different fields are working to make KOB more than a horror film; these professional wouldn't do that if the movie wasn't worth it. Sorry if i lead everyone in a wrong direction.

It would be interesting to have the opinion of someone who saw Lynch first (Direct-to DVD) movie "Wrong Turn 2: Dead End ". It's a slasher film wich is not my taste but at least is it a good slasher film?

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 11:32

GraniteDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 08:58 | Message # 18
Group: Friends
@ Michelangelo - "Wrong Turn 2: Dead End "

Not the best slashers, the idea or execution. In my opinion slashers, close to the ideal - "See No Evil (2006)" or "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)"

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 11:11 | Message # 19
Thanks for the info Granite!

In his interviews, Joe Lynch says he was influenced by movies like "Shaun of the Dead" or "An American Werewolf in London" when making Knights of Badassdom; can you tell us more about these two films? About the special effects or the amount of blood compared to the comedy aspect for example.

GraniteDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 11:49 | Message # 20
I'm not a big fan of horror movies really are, and the least - the comedy of horrors. But I hope "Knights of Badassdom" will be a worthy film smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

DevoDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 15:43 | Message # 21
I liked the shorts. Sorry, but I busted up laughing when the kid started groping the Nightmare Slayer. And the scene in the car ala Twilight Zone was good too.

Don't worry glaufriends, Summer is not dressed in a skimpy bikini, she is a lead and wearing a fancy kit. I am pretty sure Mr.Lynch knows the difference between making a short that harkens back to the daydreams off a 12 year old comic book fan, and a feature film starring the most Badass woman on the planet.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 17:55 | Message # 22
Knights of Badassdom panel should start any minute now, be ready for new photos, trailer, informations.

DevoDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 18:36 | Message # 23
The panel should start about 5 hours from now. 2:15pm local. It is now 9:35am.

Summer should be arriving soon though.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 18:42 | Message # 24
Quote (Devo)
The panel should start about 5 hours from now. 2:15pm local. It is now 9:35am.

Sorry dysfunctional Tardis wacko

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 18:42

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 19:03 | Message # 25
@AntFitz4

I hope Summer brougth a TSCC T-shirt too

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 19:04

Jason_ConnorDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 20:06 | Message # 26
I just realized something if Nathan, Alan, and Adam are there, then that means part of the firefly cast is there along with Summer. I wonder if she'll meet up with one of them or if they'll all get together because IMO it seems like on twitter Nathan and Alan will meet up.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 20:11 | Message # 27
At least Adam baldwin did not miss the opportunity to make a reference to Summer Glau : Adam says that Vic Sahay is the Summer Glau of the Chuck set.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 21:19 | Message # 28
Fist pict of Joe Lynch at SDCC, while presenting four-parted movie Chillerama with buddy director :

TheJoeLynch starting the Chillerama Q&A session w @Adam_Fn_Green, Adam Rifkin & Tim Sullivan

@dreadcentral

FermiDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 23:08 | Message # 29
Don’t stand too close to Joe Lynch — you might get struck by lightning. The director has gotten so lucky in the last few days it’s possible the movie gods may strike him down out of spite. Article: http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/07/knights-of-badassdom/

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 23:22 | Message # 30
Joe Lynch at SDCC

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Summer Glau at Comic Con 2011
Search: