Latest Photos

Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!

New messages Members Forum rules Search

Page 6 of 6«123456
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » The Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo
The Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo
Date: Saturday, 25 Jun 2011, 16:41 GMT | Message # 76

Site Admin

Glad to see that pictures keep coming!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 22 Jul 2011, 09:46 GMT | Message # 77

Site Admin

Late report on Calgary Comic Expo by columnist Sarah Dorchak for thegauntlet.ca, University of Calgary Undergraduate Student's Newsweekly.

The Gauntlet guide to sore feet, celebrities and geeking out

To help draw in attendees, Expo organizers invite high-profile guests from television, movies and the comic industry. One of the main draws for this year's Expo was guest of honour William Shatner. Other guests of honour included on-screen personality Elvira, voice actor Vic Mignogna and Firefly's Summer Glau.

Date: Friday, 22 Jul 2011, 23:29 GMT | Message # 78

Friends

as it turned out afterwards, Ms. Glau was one of the nicest, most down-to-earth people at the convention

Freaks and Geeks – My Weekend at #CalgaryExpo #ccee

Message edited by Devo - Friday, 22 Jul 2011, 23:31

Date: Friday, 22 Jul 2011, 23:41 GMT | Message # 79

Site Admin

Most interesting report from a convention i have ever read; because it gives you details from the inside of Calgary Expo.

And he says very nice things about Summer and the way she behaves.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 22 Jul 2011, 23:43

Date: Thursday, 28 Jul 2011, 04:33 GMT | Message # 80

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Most interesting report from a convention i have ever read; because it gives you details from the inside of Calgary Expo.

And he says very nice things about Summer and the way she behaves.

Thanks! (and thanks to Devo for the plug!)

It was a lot of fun being there, and I'm looking forward to next year as well. biggrin

Date: Thursday, 28 Jul 2011, 07:17 GMT | Message # 81

Friends

Quote (scbritton)
Quote (michelangelo)Most interesting report from a convention i have ever read; because it gives you details from the inside of Calgary Expo. And he says very nice things about Summer and the way she behaves. Thanks! (and thanks to Devo for the plug!) It was a lot of fun being there, and I'm looking forward to next year as well.

It was a very interesting article, thanks for the insight! I think I can speak for all of us when I say, for those of us who couldn't attend, a great article like yours can really make our day. A few members missed out on meeting Summer at Starfury when she landed a role on Alphas and couldn't make it, so stuff like this is fantastic.

I think it is super cool to hear that Summer broke bread with your friends, as a fan, having dinner with Summer would be a dream come true. Someone even tweeted that he got to dance with her. Swoon! Summer is like my Elvis. That would be something I could tell my grandkids about. biggrin

It sounds like from your experience you can probably understand why we like her so much, by all accounts she is a very nice gal with a heart as big as the Texas sky. It feels good to see a nice person succeed.

Date: Thursday, 28 Jul 2011, 08:02 GMT | Message # 82

Site Admin

Quote (scbritton)
It was a lot of fun being there, and I'm looking forward to next year as well. biggrin

Devo said brilliantly what we all think, indeed. I am one of those who planed to go to Starfury T3 in London btw and Blazius wanted to i think.

More, reading stuff like this reinforce our attachment to her and our belief that Summer is not only a talented actress but also a genuine and good person as well. Sometime people like to mock fans because they are supposed to be biased but it doesn't apply when it comes to Summer Glau.

As you can see Steven, we are a friendly community; feel free to share with us more story like this whenever you want, it would be very appreciated. More, why wouldn't you sent to the Summer Glau Wiki a few messages or even a picture or two "live" from the event one day. Just saying.

Date: Monday, 16 Apr 2012, 20:37 GMT | Message # 83

Site Admin

Found this :

Just got my pic with Summer Glau wearing the best Jayne hat at #CalgaryExpo (Thanks, Tracy!). #Nerdvana

Date: Wednesday, 09 May 2012, 13:52 GMT | Message # 84

Friends

from the comment by Alex from the New Summer Glau Pictures from Calgary Expo

"One other tidbit from the panel: Summer said she did ask Josh F. if there was any chance of her doing a cameo in the last Terminator movie - just walking through the background was the term she used - but it never happened."

there may still be a possibility that she could be in one of the next two Terminator movies. Terminator Salvation isn't the last one. there are going to be two more. it is going to be set mostly in the future from what i have read. Salvation was the first of the new "trilogy" if you will. just thought i'd mention that.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Date: Friday, 27 Jul 2012, 08:10 GMT | Message # 85

Site Admin

Valablack was lucky enough to attend the Calgary Comic Expo, held on Canada on June 17 - 19, 2011.

Calgary Comic Expo - Canada June 17 - 19, 2011

Here's excerps of her report, inwhich she mentions her meeting with Summer Glau; it gives an idea of what it's like to wait in line for an autograph or a photo op at conventions.

I decided I was done with shopping, so I headed across the hall to see Summer Glau’s panel.

Since the photo ops had gone a bit later than expected, I walked into the panel late. Thankfully, my aunt had saved me a seat relatively close to the front, so once I tracked her down in the sea of people, I didn’t have to worry about finding a place to sit.

Summer just answered audience questions – which seemed to primarily be focused around Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and her guest appearance on The Big Bang Theory. She also told a couple of stories pertaining to Firefly. My personal favourite was when she told us that she hadn’t realized rehearsals weren’t meant for Oscar-winning performances, and went all out for one of her first scenes on the show – the scene where River comes out of the box…naked. She put on one of her best performances and everyone was just in shock because they hadn’t been expecting it.

[...]

I decided after I left Chris to brave the line-up for Summer Glau. Just looking at it, I estimated at least an hour and a half, if not more, but I had food, water and my phone with me (since I never come unprepared to a convention) so I got in.

My dad soon met up with me and took hold of some of my stuff, since I noticed Michael Hogan had almost no line at the time, and I knew my best friend would love his autograph too. Plus, I won’t lie, I also knew if I could get a photo with him, she would be insanely jealous. Although I’ve only seen a few episodes of Battlestar Galactica, I knew a bit about his character and was excited to meet him. He was a really nice guy!

I got back into line where my father was saving me a spot and ended up chatting with the two guys behind us. They were pretty cool and it was a good way to pass the time, which was good, since we had a lot of it. When we got near the front of the line, we were informed that Summer had a scheduled break coming up and they would be cutting off the line-up at a certain point soon, though we could stay where we were and wait until she got back. I was literally at the front of the line when it was cut off, but I just took a seat and snacked on some of the food I had brought. I also took the time to teach my dad how to use my iPhone camera, since I had forgotten the regular lens on my good camera and only had a zoom, which would not have worked so well.

I was slightly awestruck by how beautiful Summer is in person. Although there were so many people and we did not get much chance to talk, she was obviously very sweet. Since she had said she loves cowboys and rodeos during her panel, I told her as I left that I hoped one day she would be able to make it back during the Calgary Stampede, and she said she was sure she would.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 27 Jul 2012, 08:31

Date: Wednesday, 11 Feb 2015, 21:51 GMT | Message # 86

Site Admin

Throw back Wednesday with Summer Glau

Calgary Comic Expo - Canada June 17 - 19, 2011

Credit: @BoozinBruin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » The Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo
Page 6 of 6«123456
Search: