menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » The Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo
The Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo
Devo Post # 31 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 18:16
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Two geeks made a video at Comic Expo; basically it's the two of them going from one stand to another joking about hot girls and posing with disguised attendees. Though Summer Glau is mentioned at the beginning of the video : @ 0:25 Geek 1 : Summer is gonna be there too. Geek 2 : Summer who? Geek 1 : Summer Glau; i showed her to you on the internet the other night. You said she had a weird name and then you said she was hot. Geek 2 : She's gonna be there? Geek 1 : Yes. Geek 2 : *********** CENSORED *********

LOL

I like how they know the difference between nerds and geeks. cool

chrisdvanne_ Post # 32 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 18:20
Group: Administrators
Quote (Devo)
I like how they know the difference between nerds and geeks

I'm not sure i know; but the truth is, i've never considered myself like belongig to one of the two categories; I'm sure i share some aspects though.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 18:30
Quote (Devo)
I heard someone say that he gets like $50k minimum just to show up, then there is the autographs and picture money.

All American Speakers Bureau & Celebrity Network
Booking Motivational Keynote Speakers & Top Celebrity Talent

William Shatner :
Booking Fee Range :
$50,001 and above

Source : http://www.allamericanspeakers.com/speakers/William-Shatner/2184

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 18:32
Additionnaly, an attendee tweeted that Summer did not charged the Expo Volunteers for signing; why is it i'm not surprised?

AlakiNoelle Cierra Wilson
@tylerwhite0 woah. Summer is doing volunteers free

chrisdvanne_ Post # 35 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 18:39
No hard feelings Bill !

Mr Wiilliam Shatner At Calgary Expo 2011

Devo Post # 36 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 18:51
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)I like how they know the difference between nerds and geeks I'm not sure i know; but the truth is, i've never considered myself like belongig to one of the two categories; I'm sure i share some aspects though.

Geeks are technically savvy. Not all nerds are geeks and not all geeks are nerds. I would definitely say you and I are geeks.

Nerds are not not necessarily tech savvy and may be a bit nerdy because of an eccentricity. I would say I am a bit of a nerd because of my classical and more obscure music tastes, my hobbies, and sometimes my garb, which will sometimes include nerdy accessories that are part of my hobbies and may not be particularly fashion forward. tongue To me nerd implies awkwardness.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 37 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 19:02
I don't know what nerds and geeks are because i don't mix with them "in real life" : no game addict, no cellar. i know of them the caricature i see on movies and television.
I share with the geeks the time on the internet though, especially these days.
I would rather define myself as someone curious about a lot of topics.

To broaden the discussion, there is a new trend since 10 or more years : before that the nerd/geek was considered like a looser, he never got the hot girl at school,...
But everythings has changed, at least in Hollywood : think to the Transformer franchise .

Devo Post # 38 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 19:22
Quote (michelangelo)
I don't know what nerds and geeks are because i don't mix with them "in real life" : no game addict, no cellar. i know of them the caricature i see on movies and television. I share with the geeks the time on the internet though, especially these days. I would rather define myself as someone curious about a lot of topics. To broaden the discussion, there is a new trend since 10 or more years : before that the nerd/geek was considered like a looser, he never got the hot girl at school,... But everythings has changed, at least in Hollywood : think to the Transformer franchise .

Actually think Silicon Valley.

On the contrary, geeks were never losers. Geeks usually had the highest education and were the most productive and successful adults. Losers are what became of the jocks that couldn't cut it in professional sports and didn't have the scholastic aptitude for anything else.

Hollywood is run by geeks.

There are a lot of nerds out there. Nerds are not necessarily fat out of shape basement dwellers, they're just eccentric. Some of my favorite people are nerds.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 39 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 19:29

chrisdvanne_ Post # 40 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 19:38
Summer Glau and William Shatner were not the only guesting stars in Calgary, only the most famous.

A collection of Stars seen at the Comic Expo in Calgary June 2011. Felica Day, William Shatner, Jonathan Frakes, Erin Gray, Linda Blair, Adrian Barbeau, The Guild Cast.

Source : http://www.flickr.com/photos....8305759
Attachments: 0251139.jpg(71.2 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 19 Jun 2011, 20:00

Devo Post # 41 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 19:45
Quote (michelangelo)
Summer Glau and William Shatner were not the only guesting stars in Calgary, only the most famous. A collection of Stars seen at the Comic Expo in Calgary June 2011. Felica Day, William Shatner, Jonathan Frakes, Erin Gray, Linda Blair, Adrian Barbeau, The Guild Cast.

Felicia Day! love

One of those lovable nerds I was talking about. biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 42 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 20:06
Seen at the Expo, on the left bottom :

Attachments: 1176221.jpg(108.3 Kb)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 43 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 21:17
While we're talking big numbers :

"The iconic white dress that Marilyn Monroe wore in The Seven-Year Itch — the one that suggestively blows above her knees as she’s standing over a subway grating — has been sold for $5.6 million in a California auction" reported EW .

chrisdvanne_ Post # 44 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 21:19
New photo op :

dansgoodside
"“Me with Summer Glau! Holy Firefly! Who's better looking? I say her.”

chrisdvanne_ Post # 45 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 21:34
And one more a that a new friend promessed me! Time for him to go back from Calgary to Edmonton and upload the pic.

@Pikepaw
As promised here is it, my quest complete

Bradley Fraser June 19, 2011

Attachments: 4661286.jpg(83.0 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 20 Jun 2011, 07:58

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » The Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo
Search: