person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Starfury T3 2011
Starfury T3 2011
chrisdvanne_ Post # 61 | Thursday, 16 Jun 2011 - 14:14
Group: Administrators
Seen at Starfury T3 forum today :

QUOTE (OriginalRob @ Jun 16 2011, 10:35 AM) *
Why is Vik still on the starfury homepage/t3 page. No mention on starfury twitter of this either, I thought that platform was being used for official announcements nowadays?

Haven't had a chance to re-do the website, though did mistakenly think that it was common knowledge as it's been announced on this thread.

Sean Harry

Very well Sean, but what about Summer?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 62 | Thursday, 16 Jun 2011 - 18:15
Mark Christopher Lawrence (Big Mike on Chuck) have announced on his twitter that he will attend

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 63 | Thursday, 16 Jun 2011 - 18:19
Mark Christopher Lawrence (Big Mike on Chuck) have announced on his twitter that he will attend

Probably as replacement for Vik Sahay (who had to cancel recently due to film commitment)

Very well Sean, but what about Summer?

Edit : sorry Fermi, you were faster than me.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 16 Jun 2011, 18:21

Fermi Post # 64 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 22:16
Confirmation that Summer wont attend Starfury
Quote ("seanharry")

Summer won't be attending is and being replaced with another Terminator guest.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 65 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 22:41
I was so occupied with the Calgary Comic Expo that i barely checked the site today.
Of course some like me are disappointed but it's not a surprise anymore. I cancelled my hotel reservations a few days ago because i had no hope (without claiming it here because it's a personel choice and nothing was official). As i said earlier, i wanted to go there to meet Summer Glau exclusively, this is why i won't attend the Convention.

I wish a lot of fun to those who have a ticket, don't forget to come here and tell us your experience, it can be very valuable for people who plan to go to an upcoming convention.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 66 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 12:14
Quote (Fermi)
being replaced with another Terminator guest

Was!!! Du meinst ARNOLD wird kommen, um Summer Glau erzusetzen?
WUNDERBAR (Awesome) biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 67 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 15:28
An horrible though just pop up into my twisted mind :
Her newly engaged publicist counsel her not to come in London, not because she has a new gig, but rather because the european audience, or non US in general, does not count on Nielsen ratings.
I know, this is Glausphemy.

Just like the idea that she went not to Sporting Shooting Clays because the same evil-minded publicist told her it would not be good for her image if we see picts of her with guns.
Just like the idea that she would not take photo op with non shaved guys, or fans wearing jeans with a hole in it,...

Or maybe this is just me having the blues because i'm in front of my computer whereas i should be deciding which shirt i should wear at Starfury T3 if everything went according to the plan.
I even ordered online a customed printed t-shirt that i could wear at the con; the pattern i choosed was one of the graphics i made for the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar.
I know this is silly...Feel free to mock me if you want sad

Devo Post # 68 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 15:51
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
An horrible though just pop up into my twisted mind : Her newly engaged publicist counsel her not to come in London, not because she has a new gig, but rather because the european audience, or non US in general, does not count on Nielsen ratings. I know, this is Glausphemy. Just like the idea that she went not to Sporting Shooting Clays because the same evil-minded publicist told her it would not be good for her image if we see picts of her with guns. Just like the idea that she would not take photo op with non shaved guys, or fans wearing jeans with a hole in it,... Or maybe this is just me having the blues because i'm in front of my computer whereas i should be deciding which shirt i should wear at Starfury T3 if everything went according to the plan. I even ordered online a customed printed t-shirt that i could wear at the con; the pattern i choosed was one of the graphics i made for the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar. I know this is silly...Feel free to mock me if you want

The Nielsen thing makes no sense.

The gun thing occurred to me, not because people do not love pics of Summer with guns(everyone does), but because Hollywood is full of douchebags who blame inanimate objects for society's failures.

The neckbeard guys with holes in their jeans...WTF, is this true? Source please...

Hmm... Summer will be back to Europe soon I am sure. Maybe you can get press credentials and interview her for the site?
One thing is for sure, the wait will only make meeting Summer that much more special. smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 69 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 16:01
I thoought you knew me enough to be able to sort what is real info or opinion and complete nonsense.

In this case, this is just me derailing; sometimes it can have the appearence of the truth but it's still nonsense.

Edit : the printted t-shirt story is true though. I don't know if i will be able to wear this t-shirt anywhere else than in a fan convention.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 20 Jun 2011, 16:04

Devo Post # 70 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 17:47
Message from Summer!

Quote (Summer Glau)
So, I’m very sad to say that I won’t be coming to London. I was just offered a job I’m thinking of taking. I’m so disappointed that I’m not going to see you all. I’m going to try to find a way to visit later in the year… Hope you are having a beautiful week so far xoxo S.

http://www.summer-glau.net/wp/?p=5201#respond

chrisdvanne_ Post # 71 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 18:36
As we supposed, the cancelation was due to a job offer.

Is it my limited english skills or the wording "i'm thinking of taking" is weird?
You don't "think of taking" the female leading role on the new Spielberg movie, for example.

Joe73 Post # 72 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 18:56
Mayby she is just making Spielberg sweat a bit before saying yes.

Thats a window bird.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 73 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 18:59
Quote (Joe73)
Mayby she is just making Spielberg sweat a bit before saying yes.

We sweat in the process too.
We knew something was going for a few weeks.

Devo Post # 74 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 19:01
Quote (michelangelo)
As we supposed, the cancelation was due to a job offer. Is it my limited english skills or the wording "i'm thinking of taking" is weird? You don't "think of taking" the female leading role on the new Spielberg movie, for example.

I also felt the message was not particularly enthusiastic. If it was a great role I would be more excited than she seems to be. A great role wouldn't need to be mulled over too much.

She could also have some reservations if there is content in the project she is uncomfortable with, or if it is something she thinks could fall flat with the audience, like The Cape.

I hope it is a good one, fingers crossed!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 75 | Monday, 20 Jun 2011 - 20:28
Summer Glau 2011 Calgary Expo Panel

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 20 Jun 2011, 20:30

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Starfury T3 2011
Search: