menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Starfury T3 2011
Starfury T3 2011
Blazius Post # 46 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 00:32
Group: Friends
This sucks. This convention was the only chance for fans outside of America to see Summer in the flesh and talk to her a bit but now she won't attend it? And where will you give her the Calender for example?
I hope that this change is because of Summer's schedule not because this Sean Harris wanted to advertise himself with Summer while he forgot to actually invite her!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 47 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 00:57
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
And where will you give her the Calender for example?

It can be posted to her talent agency like every fan would do; but it would have been much better to give it to her personally at the con. I hope we will have another opportunity this year.

Quote (Blazius)
I hope that this change is because of Summer's schedule not because this Sean Harris wanted to advertise himself with Summer while he forgot to actually invite her!

It is not clear since when Sean Harry knew Summer may not be able to attend; obviously he let us in the dark a few days before answering (same goes for Vik Sahay).
One could think he tried to find a replacement actor before telling the fans.
But his honesty and professionalism regarding the guests cannot be questioned or the convention would probably not exits anymore; annoucements of new guests will be made soon.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 10 Jun 2011, 11:53

chrisdvanne_ Post # 48 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 11:56
I don't blame Sean Harry for the more than propable cancellation of Summer's coming : proof is i edited all my messages where i wrote "Harris" instead of "Harry" wink

chrisdvanne_ Post # 49 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 16:24
There is no manuel for the perfect fan that you can follow; as you have seen, we do our best here to promote Summer and her work by making this wiki alive and interesting for everyone. It means adding News on the news page, new threads on the forum or comments both on the new page and the forum; i will repeat myself, every member can do that, we're building this site all together and the diversity of the threads reflects the diversity of the fans, considering their opinions or nationality.
This part of the job is made within the site and you see it by connecting to it. This is also the easiest part because every member is a fan of Summer and therefore we don't have to" convince" each other.

But there is another part of the job that is done OUTSIDE of the wiki that you may not be aware of :
* the wiki communicates via Twitter, Facebook and all sort of social medias. Like Summer, i'm not into these new media but had to do with it to promote the wiki. Fermi and i are already active but will have to go to next level in the next weeks and we will. You, and by you i mean every member or lurker, can participate too by relaying (retweeting for example) the wiki news or threads.
* The Calendar had two goals : first one was to federate the members of this wiki with a creative project but the second one was to show Summer, her fans and the web that simple fans, inspired by Summer Glau, could realise wonders. I created a Deviantart account just for the calendar and Fermi and i promoted the calendar there too.
http://michelangelo456.deviantart.com/
http://fermi2010.deviantart.com/
Fermi and i mentioned the Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar on numerous other creation-oriented sites.
* when Summer Glau is quoted in an article on the web, one can always leave a nice comment at the end of the page explaining why he/she loves her and her work. I did this a lot when The Cape was on air (to the point Fermi had to slow me down). You can do this too (simply follow the links to web articles we provide regularly).
Example : see the 2 comments i wrote ( i let you guess which ones) on February at Summer Glau’s ‘The Cape’ cancelled faster than ‘Firefly’. You will see that it's difficult to answer without starting a fight and calling names. (i'm not a sniper, i feel i have a responsability toward the wiki reputation)
* same thing about the online polls i link to regularly : this is a fun and simple way to prove that the fan base is active and caring. By voting of course but by leaving a comment too.

I had great plans for the Starfury T3 (and i know you had too) but fate decided otherwise.

This is a short, non exhaustive list of what we're doing to promote Summer Glau and her work. Are we doing enough and good enough? Certainly not but the day has only 24h and we're doing this during our free time on a voluntary basis.

And now ask yourself, are you doing enough?

Edit : @Devo : thanks for taking the time to answer and for the draft of the letters. Can't wait to see it. I'm not sure you remember it yourself but this is one of your quote that is on July graphic of the calendar and that inspired my username a while ago. You wrote that quote for the EW sexy beast competition last year.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 10 Jun 2011, 18:13

chrisdvanne_ Post # 50 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 18:42
Sean Harry made a new post :

The replacement will be announced at the event itself.

Also, as it's less than 48 hours since Summer has informed me that she's unlikely to make it, and she hasn't confirmed that she definately can't make it yet, I have not yet sought a replacement. So it's quite premature to request an update on that front.

Sean

Strange : if a guest tells me she is unlikely to come, i wouls seek for a possible replacement at once; this is called anticipation. Or maybe he has potential other guests in his pocket, already in the starting block. And if Summer has not confirmed yet, why did he removed her pict and name? He should have left them until he knows for sure she won't come and at the same time inform the attendee that she may not come. And yet, Vik Sahay's name and pict are still on the site whereas Vik said himself he won't come. This is not logical.
But mainly he said that the replacement will be know at the event itself. So be it.

Blazius Post # 51 | Friday, 10 Jun 2011 - 23:44
I really can't follow whats going on! Why Mr.Harry can't decide if she will be there or its unlikely or what?
Unlikely means that its pretty sure she won't be there, maybe Summer just didn't want to be rude and said "unlikely" instead of "forget it". I'm still getting the feeling that this whole affair was poorly arranged and I really hope that this isn't another attempt to earn extra cash using Summer's name! Maybe he wants to prolong the rumor that Summer will be there so the fans will buy tickets and he expects that we will go anyway even if he suddenly replace Summer with someone else!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 52 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 00:08
Quote (Blazius)
I really can't follow whats going on!

Neither do i! On one side he says Summer hasn't confirmed she won't go hence he has not yet sought a replacement but on the other side he removed her pict and name from the guest list.

TheSavior Post # 53 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 00:33
Quote (Blazius)
I really hope that this isn't another attempt to earn extra cash using Summer's name! Maybe he wants to prolong the rumor that Summer will be there so the fans will buy tickets and he expects that we will go anyway even if he suddenly replace Summer with someone else!

Well...and if, in Fact, is the opposite? Maybe all this Summer Glau coming, not coming, is theyr way to raise the attention on the convention. Non very cleaver way to do it...but you remember SYFY no?

Syfy has buy the right for TSCC
and aired it, until the last mmm 3 show if i remember correct. They cancelled the show, exactly the "apocalypse day". They did on purpose, but most people didnt undertand why...

I'm sure you ave guessed the reason. Michelangelo has proven to be a "Orwell-analyst" Type XD

They have do like that to try gain some attraction for the new Terminator Franchise, the 5th film.
They have try but we Fans [with right, i say!] heve see that move like an offense to the TSCC.
Indeed they have angered us...is like DIVIDE ET IMPERA concept.

Now we are angry, so when Terminator 2012 [the fifth film, with Vin Diesel] will be cast, all we are going to see it, to forget some bitterness.

Cleaver idea, but not well endowed.

Beside Annapurna Pictures has made agreement with Swarzy and he has quit for that gossip we all know...you really think is a coincidence?

Havent you noticed that the Terminator Franchise is going to be valued less and less with each "problem"? And was freezed until the auction for the merchandize...and now is revitalized by million people that actually follow all thi "big mess".

Theyr PR are just very good. They have made good agreedment but no one in the "pubblic" channel get any news about those...clever, clever...

We will see...if the Franchise go any less than 15 Million US Dollar, we will have anoter TSCC season in no time.

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Blazius Post # 54 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 02:13
I agree! A good scandal is always an efficient way to get more attention and with it earn more money.

TheSavior Post # 55 | Saturday, 11 Jun 2011 - 09:03
yes and to be honest that was the best also for us...my Team is planning to bring back TSCC from about 6 months, but now we have a lot chance than we haved early.

Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 56 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 09:35
Quote (Blazius)
Summer Glau wiki would be a better choice as her official site anyway in my opinion

Thanks for the compliment but let me remind you that there is no official Summer Glau website or fan site. Only fan made sites.
I guess you've taken the time to read my long answer on post#55; we would do more for Summer by having more active members on the site (and i certainly would do less in this case, lazy me); it would help spreading the word about Summer Glau and little by little enlarging her fan base.
Thanks for your contributions again! (i have given you a reputation point even if i don't like this system but this is another way to show you my appreciation)

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 12 Jun 2011, 11:19

chrisdvanne_ Post # 57 | Sunday, 12 Jun 2011 - 23:20
Just to remind to the newly converted to the Summer glau cult (i'm thinking you Joe73) how popular Summer was at the time of TSCC :

Attachments: 7278279.jpg(229.9 Kb)

Fermi Post # 58 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 14:58
The of topic posts has been moved to this thread http://summer-glau.com/forum/4-187-1

You can't stop the signal!

Joe73 Post # 59 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 18:03
(i'm thinking you Joe73) how popular Summer was at the time of TSCC :

I can imagine, I would have gone then, if i had been aware of her existence.

Thats a window bird.

TheSavior Post # 60 | Monday, 13 Jun 2011 - 18:41
Welcome Joe73 ^^

The same for me...i've found about TSCC and Summer just a bit too late ehehhe XD

Cameron

Me

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Fan Conventions » Starfury T3 2011
Search: