menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Lena Headey to Play ‘Dredd’ Villain
Lena Headey to Play ‘Dredd’ Villain
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Saturday, 22 Jan 2011 - 01:17
Group: Administrators
The funny thing about this is that "Judge Dredd" is a comic book; meaning both leading actresses of TSCC would be playing a character with comic book vibe smile

Quote (newsinfilm)
Lena Headey, best known for her roles in 300 and as the titular character in television’s “The Sarah Connor Chronicles,” is playing Ma-Ma, the villain in the upcoming comic book reboot, Dredd.

In the gritty script by Alex Garland, Judge Dredd (played by Karl Urban) finds himself besieged in a dangerous slum run by crime boss and drug kingpin Madeline Madrigal, or Ma-Ma.

However, in Garland’s take, the character is described as “in her late fifties or early sixties” with a “diagonal stripe scar that disfigures her cheek and top lip,” so it seems the production has made some changes.

Headey has not been officially announced by DNA Films (for whatever reason), but Bleeding Cool picked up the rumor for multiple sources. She joins a relatively low key cast that includes Urban (check out the first official image) and indie darling Olivia Thirlby, who plays new judge recruit Cassandra Anderson.

Pete Travis is directing the reboot in 3D in South Africa for an unknown release.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Granite Post # 2 | Saturday, 22 Jan 2011 - 09:59
Group: Friends
Very good actress... Success in her new project smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Saturday, 22 Jan 2011 - 16:14
There is a life for actors after TSCC after all; that's a good thing!
But i have the feeling Lena Head is typecast in this case, just like Summer Glau is.

Sure i'm glad to hear and see evrywhere that Summer is the sci-fi queen, the queen of nerds but i'm sure Summer Glau has a lot more to offer as an actress.

Granite Post # 4 | Saturday, 22 Jan 2011 - 19:45
One good role of - already very much ...

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Thursday, 26 Jan 2012 - 18:05
Lena Headey will star opposite to Ethan Hawke in Universal's sci-fi thriller "Vigilandia".

No detail, about the story yet but it's a low budget film; the article says the budget would be similar to that of FilmDistrict's "Insidious" (i checked and it was only $1.5 millions !?!)

Source : Variety

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Thursday, 09 Feb 2012 - 13:23
According to Screen Daily, Lena Headey will play the lead in Gary Sinyor’s new thriller The Unseen. Headey will portray a grieving mother who starts to suffer attacks of blindness.
The shooting is scheduled for late spring in the Balearic Islands, just off the coast of Spain.

Lena plays the bad guy, called Ma-Ma, in upcoming Judge Dredd reboot but i've not seen a pictures of her in the movie so far.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 13:24

Fermi Post # 7 | Thursday, 09 Feb 2012 - 13:32
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Lena plays the bad guy, called Ma-Ma, in upcoming Judge Dredd reboot but i've not seen a pictures of her in the movie so far.

Is this the bad guy you are talking about?

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Tuesday, 10 Apr 2012 - 18:19
Not "Judge Dredd" related but Lena Headey joined the animated series, Grimm Fairy Tales as the vocal leading lady.

Grimm Fairy Tales is based on the comic book series that Zenescope Entertainment has published since 2005. Every issue contains a familiar fairy tale being retold by Dr. Sela Mathers, a literature professor whose twisted versions of these stories are pointed cautionary tales. Lena Headey will voice Sela, and will also be a major creative force on the series.

Visit the official Grimm Fairy Tales Kickstarter page for further updates and information

chrisdvanne_ Post # 9 | Thursday, 02 May 2013 - 14:24
Lena Headey is nominated twice in the 'Best Actress' category and in other categories..

Lena Headey as Madeline 'Ma-Ma' Madrigal in Dredd

Vote in The SFX Awards 2013.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Monday, 08 Jul 2013 - 19:56
Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage at London Film & Comic Con 2013!

Lena Headey and Peter Dinklage at London Film & Comic Con 2013

robbo Post # 11 | Wednesday, 24 Jul 2013 - 01:34
karl urban says the dredd sequel is up to the fans. 2012`s dredd was a bit of a mixed bag. some hated it and some loved it. personally, i thought it was a solid attempt to bring back the character and re-introduce him to a new audience. unfortunately, the box office didnt agree with me as the final numbers rolled in at 32 million dollars, failing to make back its 50 million dollar budget. blu-ray/dvd sales were much stronger but we still haven`t heard any official confirmation on a sequel. despite everything, karl urban, who starred as the titular character, is still hopeful that a dredd 2 will happen. while at comic-con 2013, the actor said that they are doing everything they can to make it happen. `the more people that campaign for it, the more people that email, twitter, write-in to lionsgate saying we want to see more of this, then the more likelihood we will get to see it, we`re certainly doing everything we can to make sure it happens` at this stage, the film has acquired a pretty large cult following and many people are asking for a sequel. no doubt lionsgate has taken notice of this and i think its only a matter of time before we get an official announcement.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Wednesday, 21 Aug 2013 - 11:57
Lena Headey make it to SFX's "Hot 50 Sci-Fi List". Long may she reign.

Summer Glau and Lena Headey in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

18. Lena Headey
ACTRESS, KICK-ASS QUEEN.
Previous form: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, 300, Dredd, Game Of Thrones... in other words: Best. CV. Ever.
The Buzz: If you were to arrange a deathmatch between all the characters played by Headey over the past few years, we’re confident it would end in a draw. Her back catalogue includes a Sarah Connor so determined that it’s a wonder Terminators didn’t run away squeaking at the sight of her; a Spartan Queen with balls of steel; a drug dealer so icily diabolical that even Judge Dredd had a problem bringing her to justice and, of course, a coolly conniving Lannister. Long may she reign.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Lena Headey to Play ‘Dredd’ Villain
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: