menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
robbo Post # 121 | Monday, 30 Sep 2013 - 02:40
Group: Friends
`Marvel`s  Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` Pulls In 3.2 Million Viewers On Channel 4. Channel 4`s expensive import Marvel`s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. pulled in big ratings for its UK premiere in its Friday night 8pm time-slot. The premiere episode of the Marvel produced drama series pulled in an overnight audience of 3.23 million viewers and a 14.7 per cent share. The audience figure for the debut of Marvel`s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. is up on the slot-average and ranks as Channel 4`s highest rated drama premiere of 2013, That follows on from the series` strong debut on ABC in the United States earlier this week when the pilot pulled 12.12 million viewers and a 4.7 rating in the 18-49 demo in live plus same day.

robbo Post # 122 | Tuesday, 01 Oct 2013 - 02:35
Marvel`s  Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nick Fury To Appear In Tomorrow`s `0-8-4` Well that was fast Only one episode deep into Marvel`s `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` with last weeks premiere, and already it seems Samuel L. Jackson`s  Director Nick Fury has been called in to appear in Tomorrow`s sophomore episode `0-8-4` Entertainment Weekly has pointed our attention to a minor detail of a brief `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` promo that emerged yesterday, which urge viewers to stay until the very end of Tuesday`s upcoming episode `0-8-4` We might have otherwise overlooked the suggestion as harmless promotion, until we became aware that the S.H.I.E.L.D. logo at the very end is seen to be wearing Nick Fury`s iconic eye patch, Not to mention, Clark Gregg and other Marvel honchos have strongly hinted over Twitter to stay through the credits.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 123 | Tuesday, 01 Oct 2013 - 07:52
Group: Administrators
Quote (robbo)
Marvel`s  Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Nick Fury To Appear In Tomorrow`s `0-8-4`

Didn't see that coming! They had Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill in the pilot though.
I wonder if one of the superheroes will make a cameo one day.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 124 | Wednesday, 02 Oct 2013 - 23:54
that would be good for Marvel`s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. one of the superheroes to make a cameo appearance, well Joss Whedon you never know what he has up his sleeve, it would be great if he had a plan and played one of his ace cards, Summer Glau to make a guest appearance some where along the line, maybe one day.

robbo Post # 125 | Thursday, 03 Oct 2013 - 00:10
`Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` Has Big Drop, Agents Of SHIELD suffered a big drop in the ratings for its second episode on Tuesday October 1st. The ABC Marvel drama fell a massive 16 tenths `34 per cent` from last week`s opener to a preliminary 18-49 demo score of 3.1 `8.40 million viewers` at 8pm.  still very good ratings I would probably say all the hype of the show and the build up to the premiere, drew the audience to the sky high figure of 13 million. time will tell.

robbo Post # 126 | Thursday, 03 Oct 2013 - 20:55
`Avengers 2` -  Samuel L. Jackson Confirms Elizabeth Olsen As Scarlet Witch. When James Spader was officially cast as Ultron in `Avengers 2` Marvel announced the occasion in grand style on their own style. But, before they could get to announcing who would play Scarlet Witch in `Avengers 2` Samuel L. Jackson has beaten them to the punch and announced that Elizabeth Olsen has joined the cast. Olsen had been in `Talks` to join the `Avengers 2` cast as Scarlet Witch, one of the film`s new superheroes, since late August. But, with actors frequently bouncing in and out of contention `Remember When Saoirse Ronan Was The Top Choice` so it was far from any kind of confirmation. Well, today we have confirmation coming from Nick Fury himself, who spilled the beans to the `Wall Street Journal` while talking about his cameo in `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` i know we are shooting in London, that James Spader is Ultron and going to be the bad guy, and that we added Ms `Elizabeth Olsen` who will play the Scarlet Witch, but i don`t know what she`s doing, if she`s on the inside or the outside. I haven`t seen a script. `Psst, Sam. she`s on the inside.

robbo Post # 127 | Saturday, 05 Oct 2013 - 02:41
`The Avengers 2` Officially Adds Aaron Johnson As Its Quicksilver. Just the other day, we learned that `The Avengers 2` was officially adding Elizabeth Olsen to the cast as Scarlet Witch. now what about her brother, Well, after months of teasing his involvement, it looks like Olsen`s `Godzilla` co-star, Aaron Johnson, is officially on board as well, playing her on-screen sibling Quicksilver. With Samuel L. Jackson revealing Olsen`s casting, followed by a confirmation of her contract deal, Latino Review reports that Johnson is also officially locked down in his role. It was certainly expected. A few months back, the `Kick-Ass` star emerged as Marvel`s frontrunner to play the role, and was then speaking of the character as if he already landed the job.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 128 | Sunday, 06 Oct 2013 - 08:24
Who else had strong Firefly/Serenity feels when looking at the cargo bay scenes at the end of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. episode 2?

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cargo bayMarvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cargo bay
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cargo bayMarvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cargo bay

Serenity cargo bay
Serenity cargo bay 1x01 Serenity 1080p HD

Edit: the Serenity stick that Simon used at the begining of the movie to free River also showed up in the second episode (thanks to @_brian_daly for pointing it to me)

Watch screencaps from Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

robbo Post # 129 | Thursday, 10 Oct 2013 - 21:48
re-incarnation of Serenity, the cargo bay scenes just look like a stunt double, incredible never really thought of it after watching the episode, you have eyes like a hawk Chris, brilliant. wink

robbo Post # 130 | Thursday, 10 Oct 2013 - 22:11
Marvel`s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Picked Up For Full Season Order. Well, this should come as no surprise. In spite of Marvel`s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. `ratings leveling out after the blockbuster premiere, as reactions to the inaugural three episodes run the gamut, ABC has opted to place its full faith in the show with a full-season order. Coulson lives, again, We weren`t sure initially if Marvel`s `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` would bypass the usual format altogether and heroically earn itself a full second season, but it seems ABC has opted to play relatively safe with the traditional `back nine` bringing the total number of ordered episodes for the season to 22. Ranked as the number one new show of the fall TV season among the 18-49 crowd, Marvel`s `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` picked up 12.1 million total viewers for the September 24 premiere, marking TV`s highest-rated drama debut in approximately four years. The most recent episode, `The Asset` pulled 7.9 million, conquering CBS titan `NCIS` for its 8.00 time slot.

robbo Post # 131 | Tuesday, 22 Oct 2013 - 21:21
Will Joss Whedon Be Involved With `The Avengers 3` By design, Whedon`s therefore also laying the groundwork for Phase Three and beyond which begins with new superhero franchise Ant-Man in 2015 - but will he be involved with the lead-up to `The Avengers 3` Joss Whedon has signed an exclusive deal with Marvel Studios for film and television through the end of June 2015, As part of that deal, Whedon will write and direct Marvel`s The Avengers 2 as well as help develop a new live action series for Marvel Television at ABC, He will also contribute creatively to the next phase of Marvel`s cinematic universe, That doesn`t mean he`s not involved with Phase Three since a lot of what he`s doing in Phase Two must build towards it and open certain doors, He`s fully in the know with Feige and the creative team at Marvel Studios in planning, but The Avengers Age Of Ultron is his baby, Beyond that, we`ll have to wait and see when it releases in May 2015, As it currently stands, the Marvel Cinematic Universe is Whedon`s life until mid- 2015 and he may want to use his success to work on other projects, And with the third biggest box office success of all-time under his belt, he`ll be able to do anything in Hollywood, Pretty Please Serenity 2 - Thank You.

robbo Post # 132 | Friday, 25 Oct 2013 - 04:19
`Captain America` to cross over with `Agents Of SHIELD.` Marvel may be planning a crossover of its TV show Agents of SHIELD and movie Captain America, according to a new report. Agents of SHIELD premiered this year as a continuation of Marvel`s cinematic universe, with Avengers actor Clark Gregg reprising his role as Agent Coulson. Makers of the show have revealed to fans that there are plans for `lots of crossovers` with Marvel movies, as long as they serve the story. According to COMICBOOK . com, a source close to SHIELD says the show will be connected with the upcoming Captain America The Winter Soldier` The insider claims that upcoming episodes of the TV series will `tease and set up the SHIELD of Captain America The Winter Soldier`In addition to Agents of SHIELD, Marvel apparently has at least five other series in the works.

robbo Post # 133 | Saturday, 26 Oct 2013 - 01:56
Marvel`s `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` Adds Saffron Burrows As Comic Agent Victoria Hand. Earlier today we learned that another of the `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` would put in a guest appearance for the ABC TV series, with Maximiiano Hernandez returning in the role of Jasper Sitwell, but it seems the `Avengers`- adjacent series has another name for comic fans. Actress Saffron Burrows has joined the `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` in the role of Agent Victoria Hand, but what will her role in the story be. Latino Review broke the news of Burrows` casting, though no details were offered for when the character would pop up, or for how long. In the comics at least, Victoria Hand was a S.H.I.E.L.D. accountant who incurred the wrath of Nick Fury for speaking out against his war on terror, and was transferred away from her significant other, a fellow agent named Isabelle. Once H.A.M.M.E.R. and the Skrull invasions came about, the character had a much more involved role in the action. Now here`s something to think about Marvel`s Wiki lists the character has having been transferred to Portland, Oregon. Wasn`t there some other, oft-reverenced character from `The Avengers` we heard about moving to Portland. A certain cellist, perhaps, That might muddy Hand`s history as a gay character, but what living organism could resist that classic Coulson charm.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 134 | Saturday, 26 Oct 2013 - 15:14
‘ARROW’ VS. ‘AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.’: IS DC WINNING THE TV WAR AGAINST MARVEL?

From a superficial standpoint, it can be difficult to take ‘Arrow’ as seriously as ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,’ given The CW’s limited exposure compared with ABC, or even the CW’s established association with more teen soap opera-esque programming. You’ll find equal exploitation in either, by ‘Arrow’’s shameless shirtless posters, or ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.”s repeated attempts at sexualizing its leading lady Skye, but as far as the source material, we have to give ‘Arrow’ the edge in this conflict. One need only look as far as the recent ‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’ trailer to see that Marvel continually earmarks more attention for the theatrical ventures, while its live-action TV brand has proven underwhelming across the board.

Read more at screen crush.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 135 | Saturday, 26 Oct 2013 - 15:37
Okay, I'll keep watching this show...

"Next week, the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D have to infiltrate a bikini contest run by Hydra!"

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: