menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
chrisdvanne_ Post # 76 | Tuesday, 06 Nov 2012 - 15:27
Group: Administrators
Quote (TerminatorEmily)
But if Joss Whedon did an X-Force movie....oh... *ahem* hmm then I wonder which avengers character she can be

That's exactly the question asked in the Summer Glau Wiki poll at the homepage. lol

Results so far :

1. Spider-Woman
12 29%

2. Wasp
10 24%

3. Echo
3 7%

4.Scarlet Witch
8 19%

5.Someone else
8 19%

Answers total: 41

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

TerminatorEmily Post # 77 | Wednesday, 07 Nov 2012 - 03:53
Group: Friends
oh right *nervous laugh* I forgot about that poll hehehe....

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

chrisdvanne_ Post # 78 | Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012 - 10:11
Two more S.H.I.E.L.D. agents revealed. Elizabeth Henstridge and Iain De Caestecker have joined Ming-Na and Clark Gregg in ABC's Marvel TV pilot.

Henstridge will play science whiz Agent Gemma Simmons, while De Caestecker will play Agent Leo Fitz, a technology guru. The duo spend all their time together -- mostly bickering -- and are masters of their respective fields at a remarkably young age.
Henstridge and De Caestecker join the previously cast Ming-Na, who will play top-notch pilot and weapons expert Agent Melinda May, and Clark Gregg, who reprises his role from The Avengers as Agent Phil Coulson.

Source : THR

So out of the 5 characters initially annouced, that just leaves Skye (the female lead) and Ward (the lieutenant ). Finger crossed for Summer Glau cast as Skye biggrin

robbo Post # 79 | Wednesday, 14 Nov 2012 - 18:41
the actors and actresses seem to be taking shape now for S.H.I.E.L.D. our joss get ye finger out we are all waiting for some good news. so does it mean there is only one more female part. up for grabs skye the female lead. i hope she gets it fingers crossed for summer glau, please joss dont let us down. smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 80 | Tuesday, 04 Dec 2012 - 18:49
Artcile at Entertainment Weekly : 'EW's Entertainers of the Year: Joss Whedon on how 'The Avengers' exposed his angry inner Hulk'

chrisdvanne_ Post # 81 | Monday, 14 Jan 2013 - 19:38
New article at fancarpet : Joss Whedon promises deeper Avengers Assemble sequel

[...]
Whedon has said that he's a couple of months away from completing the script to the sequel, he will also begin shooting the pilot to ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D. on January 22 which will see Clark Gregg return to his role of Agent Phil Coulson alongside Ming-Na Wen, Elizabeth Henstridge, Iain De Caestecker and Brett Dalton while Whedonverse favourites Amy Acker and Summer Glau have also expressed interest in appearing in the series.
[...]

robbo Post # 82 | Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013 - 01:59
sounds very promising whedonverse favourites amy acker, summer glau, have also expressed interest in appearing in the series. it would be nice seeing summer glau team up with joss again in S.H.I.E.L.D. i would imagine as a special guest star. seen as tho all the gaps have been filled by joss. even so it would be great i wonder if she would be a kick-ass villain, or maybe a super hero with special powers what ever the part summer glau always makes the episode or episodes, that extra special.

TerminatorEmily Post # 83 | Tuesday, 15 Jan 2013 - 02:50
It's good that Summer is interested in making an appearance in the Avengers. It would be great to see Amy Acker too. She was in "Much ado about nothing" in point of fact. I love how Summer is listed as one of the whedonverse favourites.
It would be great to see Summer on the big screen at the theatre if she gets in the movie. I think she S.H.I.E.L.D agents would play a main part in this like the first movie if I remember. I just remembered and I find it kind of funny, I was just looking up some articles of the Avengers 2. And of course had Summer's name in the search. Maybe not as funny as I thought it was but now the 2 seconds of funniness has gone and now it doesn't make sense to why it was funny. But enough of my rambling on about my not so funny humor, let's talk Avengers. As I was saying, yes it would be great to see Summer make an appearance in the Avengers 2. I heard that Joss wasn't thinking of doing the second movie but, here he is making it.

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

robbo Post # 84 | Saturday, 06 Apr 2013 - 02:16
the avengers 2, the most interesting thing about the wasp`s potential involvement in the avengers 2 is the fact that the character very nearly showed up in the avengers. in december of 2012 joss whedon revealed at a special DGA screening of the movie that there was a time when it looked as though scarlett johansson wouldnt be returning as black widow and he wrote a draft featuring the wasp A.K.A. janet van dyne as his female lead. whedon grew very fond of the character while writing the draft, so its possible that he could try to get her in for avengers 2, but with ant-man out later that summer in 2015 its possible that whedon wont want to step on edgar wrights toes. janet van dyne what about summer glau as the wasp, joss and summers past history has gone out with the washing, sad her luck will change patience is a virtue, smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 85 | Sunday, 07 Apr 2013 - 16:09
ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D. has gotten a little longer new official title. According to ABC's All Access Media Planning website, the pilot/prospective series is now officially called Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Here's how ABC describes the series:

Joss Whedon (MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Buffy the Vampire Slayer) shows us not all heroes are super with MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.
Fresh from his role in the summer’s box office smash, MARVEL’S THE AVENGERS, Agent Phil Coulson (Clark Gregg) returns to the worldwide law enforcement organization S.H.I.E.L.D. He puts together a small, highly trained, team of Agents to tackle the cases that haven’t been classified yet, the new, the strange and the unknown. That team consists of straight arrow Agent Grant Ward (Brett Dalton), an expert in combat and espionage; pilot and martial artist Agent Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen); and brilliant if socially awkward scientists Agent Leo Fitz (Iain De Caestecker) and Agent Jemma Simmons (Elizabeth Henstridge). They’ll be joined by civilian new recruit and computer hacker Skye (Chloe Bennet).
Prepare for an epic adventure that showcases the hope and wonder of the human spirit. This is a world of Super Heroes, aliens and the unusual – of action, spectacle and world spanning stories. The show will speak to the human condition through the lens of our very human, non-powered S.H.I.E.L.D agents – that together we are greater than we are apart, and that we can make a difference in the world.
Executive Produced and co-written by Joss Whedon, Jed Whedon & Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr.Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog), Jeffrey Bell (Angel, Alias) and Jeph Loeb (Smallville, Lost, Heroes) comes Marvel’s first live-action TV series, MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.

TerminatorEmily Post # 86 | Sunday, 07 Apr 2013 - 23:02
If she takes this role it will change her future!

robbo Post # 87 | Wednesday, 17 Apr 2013 - 02:46
robert downey jr paid 50 million dollars for the avengers, robert downey jr has revealed that he has been paid 50 million dollars for the avengers. the hollywood reporter first suggested after the films release that downey jrs pay could be close to 50 million dollars, factoring in both box office business and the specifics of his contract with marvel studios. asked by gq whether this figure was accurate, downey confirmed isnt that crazy there so pissed, i cant believe it. im whats known as `a strategic cost`. the avengers is the third highest -grossing film of all time, with a total worldwide gross of 1.5 billion dollars, has the industry gone mad or do we say good for him he is worth every penny, hmm 50 million wow that is a lot of money considering the way the world is at the moment,

chrisdvanne_ Post # 88 | Monday, 29 Apr 2013 - 18:10
Joss Whedon on 'Iron Man,' 'Avengers 2' and ABC's 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Pilot

Can someone quote what Whedon is saying about new characters in The Avengers 2 at 2:53 because I have a really hard time understand it.

robbo Post # 89 | Thursday, 02 May 2013 - 04:27
JOSS WHEDONS PLANS FOR THE FUTURE OF THANOS. the release of IRON MAN 3 this friday will mark the beginning of the marvel cinematic universes phase two. this movie will launch a new run of marvel movies - THOR THE DARK WORLD, CAPTAIN AMERICA THE WINTER SOLDIER, EDGAR WRIGHTS ANT-MAN, and GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - that will eventually lead to the AVENGERS 2 IN 2015. it was rumored that the supervillain thanos would be the main bad guy in GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY and the AVENGERS 2, but with the rumored casting of LEE PACE as thanos henchman, the controller, for GOTG, its unclear how the mad titan would fit into the new series, one things for certain AVENGERS director joss whedon has plans for the guy. well, thanos is more powerful. he is so powerful., he is not someone you can just trot out and punch him. like he did in the comics, you want him threading through the universe and to save the big finale for the big finale. he is definitely a part of what i have got going on. the thing about the AVENGERS is that they are very powerful but not very stable. so, there will definitely be some people that will shake them up in the next installment.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 90 | Thursday, 02 May 2013 - 08:43
Entertainment Weekly confirms Avengers 2 rumour.

Last week when Joss dropped that bombshell of a hint about who might be appearing in the sequel? Well EW confirms who (almost) eeryone thought it might be. Though Marvel's Kevin Feige says "I'm not confirming or denying. The draft could change six months from now."

Some online rumors turn out to be true, however. A source confirms to EW that the twin characters Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch will be joining The Avengers 2, which Whedon hinted at recently when he said he was writing a brother-sister duo into the movie. Feige maintains a poker face on that scoop, saying only: “I’m not confirming or denying. The draft could change six months from now.”

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: