menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
Alex Post # 46 | Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012 - 16:17
Group: Bloggers
Ref Post 45:

Yes, I agree that while Summer is a gifted and accomplished actress, she is not perhaps as much a draw as a Megan Fox or Emma Stone. This is in no way a criticism of her. I put her in the same category as Cate Blanchett and Judy Dench. I also beleive that Summer will have an equally long career with distinguished and interesting roles.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 47 | Wednesday, 08 Aug 2012 - 00:01
Group: Administrators
Joss Whedon will write and direct 'The Avengers 2', according to Disney chairman Bob Iger.

Iger also said Whedon is developing a live-action TV series based in the Marvel universe for ABC, but had no further details.

While i'm not expecting Summer Glau to step in the The Avengers sequel, i could see Summer Glau taking a leading role in the tv show based on Marvels characters.

Here's what Deadline said about this tv show last month :

Marvel’s TV division is in conversation with ABC and ABC Studios about doing a drama series in the Avengers world. I hear that the connection to the Avengers franchise would be light as the project is expected to be set in the universe and feature some of its themes and feel, but may not include any characters from Joss Whedon’s blockbuster. I hear the project is in a nascent stage, described as “a kernel of an idea,” with a number of scenarios being explored, including a high-concept cop show.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 08 Aug 2012, 01:18

Alex Post # 48 | Wednesday, 08 Aug 2012 - 03:49
A leading role you say? Interesting idea. Given that Whedon likes strong and complex female characters, who are often dealing all sorts of complications in their lives, it would be true to form for Whedon if he had Summer play some sort of crazy, off the wall character that has to struggle with either criminals or perhaps is a criminal type herself. She hasn't really played an out and out villain has she although Bennet in Doll House was nasty at times.

Maybe she could be some sort of ancient creature, endowed with world-ending powers and with a lack of control that makes her a real threat. Somehow, she gets brought back to life, or she is released from some form of ancient prison, and she becomes increasingly dangerous but at the same time is struggling with her conscience. If she plays a crazy person, then perhaps she is really two people: one sane and morally good and the other evil and out of control.

Maybe the ancient evil that she contains is a curse that afflicts her as a result of some exposure to an ancient talisman or some idol. Perhaps she is a district attorney who gets "infected" and then has to lead a dual life.

Hmmm, or maybe not. All this being said, perhaps it is just best to wait for Joss Whedon to deliver his "fantastical" vision. If I had to bet on this though, I would say that Summer will have a dual nature and that she will be at times very good and at other times quite evil. Comments?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 49 | Wednesday, 08 Aug 2012 - 08:24
I think i already mentioned it somewhere in the forum but the "fantastical"part of the tv show will be light; for obvious scope and budget reasons, the tv show won't be "The Avengers goes TV".

We have very few elements on this new serie, since it's at an early stage of development; but it seems the idea is to make a "high concept cop show" where heroes exist in the same universe as humans. Seing the superheroes of The Avengers is completely ruled out though. We can expect the serie to be a S.H.I.E.L.D. cop show.

If Summer is not a big draw enough for blockbusters, i hope that ABC would consider hiring her in a leading role in this new serie; i'm 100% sure that Joss would bring summer in for playing major part.

Alex Post # 50 | Thursday, 09 Aug 2012 - 04:57
This is quite an interesting idea, an Avengers TV series and yes, it would probably involve Shield battling a lot of high tech crooks and probably large criminal organizations like Hydra. The Marvel universe is certainly a rich source of dangerous criminals. I think we could see more of the world inhabited by Agent Coulson and his colleagues. It would be the world that we glimpsed in the opening of The Avengers (when the Tesseract was stolen) and in the Thor film when the hammer Mjolnir was inside the large structure built to protect it.

So maybe Summer could play the role of some sort of analyst or investigator with a special skill set. Likely she would be part of a team which, as an ensemble cast, would be investigating these high tech, dangerous villains. I think this could work. Her role in The Cape was a good concept and all things considered she acquitted herself well. She also is very convincing in her work as Skylar in Alphas playing the highly intelligent woman who lives by her wits (art imitating life).

My point really is that she would be convincing as a highly skilled, very knowledgeable member of a team of like people, all working for Shield to combat the highly dangerous adversaries of the sort that Shield was set up to fight. I am willing to bet too that this show would get much higher ratings than the other projects that she has been part of, so much so that this would be a means for her to gain that wider audience she so richly deserves.

Go Summer!

Message edited by Alex - Saturday, 11 Aug 2012, 23:46

chrisdvanne_ Post # 51 | Saturday, 11 Aug 2012 - 11:27
Joss Whedon master plan for The Avengers 3 revealed!

Having an animated series with a visual style similar to that artwork would be great.

Joss Whedon master plan for The Avengers 3 revealed
Credit : Will Sliney

Source : http://the-gutters.com/comic/331-will-sliney

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 11 Aug 2012, 11:29

chrisdvanne_ Post # 52 | Sunday, 12 Aug 2012 - 16:06
Interesting reading :

'10 Options For Joss Whedon’s Marvel TV Show on ABC' at Screenrant

During an investors call this week, Disney announced that they've signed a three-year deal with Joss Whedon that will see him write and direct The Avengers 2 and help oversee Phase Two of the Marvel cinematic universe.

As part of that deal, Whedon will also be developing a live-action television series for ABC that will fit within the shared universe the films do. What that is we don't yet know, but we can safely say it's something he wanted as part of the agreement.

Let's examine some of the commonly suggested and rumored properties that Marvel Studios can potentially develop for television on ABC with the help of Whedon. Items listed must qualify under a few conditions, namely that Marvel Studios actually owns the rights to the character(s) and that said property fits within the Marvel cinematic universe.

Read full article : Screenrant

Alex Post # 53 | Monday, 13 Aug 2012 - 03:38
From the article, it appears that it is likely to be a Shield-based "high concept" cop show. While I certainly hope that Summer is part of the regular cast, I imagine that she could be very effective as a recurring character as she has shown in Alphas. I think that this is Summer's genius which is to become, even in a supporting role, a standout who gives a great performance regardless of how small or large the part is.

Go Summer!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 54 | Saturday, 01 Sep 2012 - 08:52
'What can we expect from Joss Whedon’s S.H.I.E.L.D.?' at Den of Geek

4) Which Whedonverse alumni can we expect to see?
Personally, I'm betting money that Amy Acker and Felicia Day each show up at least once before the end of season one even if they aren’t in the main cast. Dream returners for me would include Summer Glau, Franz Kranz, James Marsters (as anyone really, but fingers crossed for a villain), and Mark Sheppard because after his turns on Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Supernatural and Doctor Who, the man has proved that he should be in everything.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 55 | Friday, 14 Sep 2012 - 10:36
The Avengers 2 is not due until 2015 but Joss Whedon is busy developing ABC’s recently greenlit S.H.I.E.L.D. tv show.

Here's what Whedon said an interview at MTV News :

He’s “very far” in the process of making the show, with a “full framework, a full cast” and a full pitch that ABC has already picked up. He also said the series will introduce characters we haven’t met before.

It’s new characters. It needs to be its own thing,” Whedon said. “It needs to be adjacent [to the Marvel Comics Universe] you don’t want to do a show where you’re constantly going, ‘Iron Man just left, but he was totally here a minute ago.’ You want them to go off on their own thing and say, ‘Well, what has S.H.I.E.L.D. got that the other heroes don’t have?’”

He continued, “Part of that, to me, is that they’re not superheroes, but they live in that universe. That makes them a little bit — even though they’re a big organization — underdogs, and that’s interesting to me.”

Watch the video :

Since Whedon said he has already a full cast, we can hope that Summer Glau is part of it. We know Whedon used exclusively his regulars in Much Ado About Nothing, but of course the difference is that Whedon produced it himself while he may not have the last word on ABC's project regarding the cast.

That said, i can't imagine for one second that Whedon went with Summer at the recent Celebration of Dance gala, had diner with him there, only to speak about the good old time. Their little getaway was mostly social gathering (we saw in a video one of Summer's sister was there too) but it could also be an opportunity to discuss future (or ongoing ) projects.

Hicks Post # 56 | Saturday, 15 Sep 2012 - 00:01
Group: Friends
Please have Summer in the cast

I reject your reality and substitute my own

robbo Post # 57 | Saturday, 15 Sep 2012 - 01:04
Group: Friends
joss whedons s.h.i.e.l.d heres hoping it gets of the ground theres one good reason it should its not on the fox network thank god regarding joss and summer i think they are quite close in a certain way he did say at comic con firefly reunion i would wanna come with you if i wanted to live as cameron says so in a way i think he might have plans for summer fingers crossed in s.h.i.e.l.d she would be absolutely perfect being in a series on a regular basis shes already proved she can do it awesome in tscc and outstanding in firefly wink

chrisdvanne_ Post # 58 | Saturday, 15 Sep 2012 - 05:43
Quote (Hicks)

biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 59 | Tuesday, 02 Oct 2012 - 12:12
TV Line has published more informations on the main characters in ABC's tv show SHIELD; as it happens each time a new sci-fi movie or tv show needs casting, Summer's name is very present.

Take a look at the blogpost : Joss Whedon's S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot - Summer as an agent?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 60 | Tuesday, 02 Oct 2012 - 17:08
HuffPost TV has some suggestions for Joss Whedon's "S.H.I.E.L.D." team; including Summer Glau as Jessica Drew

Jessica Drew: Summer Glau
Glau, who debuted as a dancer in the "Buffy" spinoff "Angel" before blowing our minds on "Firefly," has the right kind of physicality and grace for the role of Jessica Drew, the original Spider-Woman. After a series of adventures fighting a wide array of bad guys, Drew eventually became a private investigator, meaning she (possibly in combination with a similar character, Jessica Jones) could potentially anchor a weekly drama with procedural overtones.

Source : 'S.H.I.E.L.D.' Casting: Character Breakdowns For Joss Whedon's Pilot Revealed at HuffPost TV

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: