San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

Summer Glau at MCM Belfast Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

Juke Joint!
By robbo

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Game of Thrones
By robbo

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

New comments

Jimmy PK on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

robbo on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Serenity Comic - All Aboard the feels train

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

RedsBaron on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

robbo on: HQ photos from the Firefly panel at MCM London Comic Con

New videos

00:01:17

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 19«123451819»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 30, 23:29 GMT | Message # 31

Friends

Unless Whedon finds a way to make Jackson act properly( which is unlikely because I suspect Jackson likes to play this archetype to offset his lack of talent, its a shortcut to fame for him)

Joss Whedon writes and is a fan of comics, so I would think he will try to remain as honest to the comics as possible.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Nov 30, 23:44 GMT | Message # 32

Friends

Quote (FordStaff)
Joss Whedon writes and is a fan of comics, so I would think he will try to remain as honest to the comics as possible.

It depends how much power he has over Jackson I guess. Lucas never lets anybody to have a word in his works but he changed on Jacksons behalf?

I don't know how he achieved this but if Jackson is such an idiot here as he was in SW then I expect that Whedon will do what he says regarding his character too. Thats why I want Jackson to go and leave the sci-fi genre forever.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Thursday, 2011 Dec 01, 03:01 GMT | Message # 33

Friends

I don't know how he achieved this but if Jackson is such an idiot here as he was in SW then I expect that Whedon will do what he says regarding his character too. Thats why I want Jackson to go and leave the sci-fi genre forever.

What could he possibly demand that would be so terrible. You make it seem like we are going to see black Nick Fury stripping Mjolnir from Thor's grasp so that he can use it as a tooth pick or something.

I am not sure The Avengers is really Science Fiction, it is at the very least a very separated subset of science fiction (comics). Comics are generally considered a genre of their own.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Date: Saturday, 2011 Dec 03, 04:03 GMT | Message # 34

Friends

Quote (Blazius)
What an arrogant fool! He wasn't interested in the fact that nobody cares about his crappy character and that he is absolutely inconsequential to the story, no. So he beat Palpatine in a duel. Uh huh. It doesn't bother him that Yoda is supposed to be the most powerful Jedi of that timeline and even he lost to Palpatine, Mace had absolutely zero chance to beat Palpatine, he should have fallen like his Jedi buddies in 5 seconds

Palpatine played Mace Windu in that duel, it was obvious he was playing for time and threw his light saber away as Anakin arrived.

As for the fight between Yoda and Palpatine that was the real fight did Yoda lose, he lost because he fell to the ground getting injured their force powers and light sabre skills were shown to be equal I would have liked to see more of the fighting between them as well as Anakin and Obi Wan both sides so balanced with different styles

Message edited by Chris - Saturday, 2011 Dec 03, 04:08

Date: Saturday, 2011 Dec 03, 04:05 GMT | Message # 35

Friends

Quote (Blazius)
JAR JAR BINKS!!!

Why wasn't he shown to be sliced and diced by Anakin or Palpatine that would have made that character remotely worthwhile they could have at least show him dying being stomped by the clones

Date: Saturday, 2011 Dec 03, 05:33 GMT | Message # 36

Friends

Quote (Chris)
Why wasn't he shown to be sliced and diced by Anakin or Palpatine that would have made that character remotely worthwhile they could have at least show him dying being stomped by the clones

I saw this idea before in another SW thread and I throughly agree with it since a heroic death would equally satisfy those who wanted his blood( many SW fans and generally people older than 4) and would serve as a strong moment for Anakin to make him look more evil by slicing his old buddie( some say this'd work more than the children massacring which was a bit contrived and its debatable its got its intended effect with anyone)

But even somebody throwing him out of a ship to explode in the vacuum would be better, at least his haters would find some redeeming factor in the movies biggrin

The problem was that Lucas loved him( I think he alone) and didn't let him die. He has an unhealthy obsession with supposedly funny or cute aliens you know. Ewoks anyone???

Quote (Chris)
Palpatine played Mace Windu in that duel, it was obvious he was playing for time and threw his light saber away as Anakin arrived.

Yes, thats the only way to give it sense without a massive continuity nightmare. He threw the fight so he could force Anakin to choose between the Jedi and the promise of saving his wife, and Palpatine knew what he'll choose.

The annoying thing is that a***ole Jackson wanted to convince the audience that Mace genuinely won and with the help of his drones they swayed a few people despite nobody else said anything about the fight and Palpatine most likely just pretended that he lost.

Quote (Chris)
As for the fight between Yoda and Palpatine that was the real fight did Yoda lose, he lost because he fell to the ground getting injured their force powers and light sabre skills were shown to be equal I would have liked to see more of the fighting between them as well as Anakin and Obi Wan both sides so balanced with different styles

In that case Yoda couldn't allow himself even a draw. He either kills Palpatine or loses. Draw wasn't good enough. I don't know why he didn't engage Palpatine again after the fall, maybe he indeed got injured although Jedi survived bigger falls than that without major injuries( only in the EU through). Maybe he thought that he cannot win this till the clones arrive and decided its better to live and help to Luke or Leia later than risk dying in vain.

I like that battle better than the Obi-wan vs Anakin one BTW. It felt more epic and since Yoda and Palpatine are two masters of the force even the shiny effects weren't out of place.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Dec 06, 01:55 GMT | Message # 37

Site Admin

Find here the first trailer for the horror thriller The Cabin in the Woods written and produced by Joss whedon, co-writed and directed by Drew Goddard, starring Chris Hemsworth (Thor, The Avengers) and Fran Kranz (Dollhouse).
Release date : April 13th, 2012.

Here's the movie poster :

The Cabin in the Woods - teaser poster

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 14:54 GMT | Message # 38

Site Admin

It looks like Joss Whedon used the same trick he used in the opening sequence of Buffy : the trailer begins like every horror movie you've seen before but then it turns out to be something completely different.

This is underlined by the taglines "You think you know the story" but the immediately following images of the eagle crashing on the invisible wall tell you that it's not another slasher.

Btw the production values seems higher than what i was expecting from what i read about the movie online.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Dec 07, 17:57 GMT | Message # 39

Site Admin

I smell a conspiracy against Samuel L. Jackson, the two leaders being Blazius and Charlie Jane Anders at Io9 devil

10 Great Actors Who Played Terrible Supervillains by Charlie Jane Anders

4. Samuel L. Jackson in The Spirit
There are no words. Really. Thank goodness some kind soul on Youtube has compiled two videos of "the Best of Samuel L. Jackson in The Spirit." Including his Samurai outfit and his Nazi outfit — the latter of which causes him to shout "Achtung!" while goose-stepping and talking about conquering the drug trade. Just go to 2:00 in this clip and watch the insane glee with which Jackson says, "The missing link between science — and magic!". Oh, and then there's the great bit at 3:50 where he painstakingly explains several times that being the ruler of the world means that "everybody will have to do what I say. They'll all have to do what I say!" You don't say.

Though the title says "great actors" biggrin

Date: Thursday, 2011 Dec 08, 04:08 GMT | Message # 40

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I smell a conspiracy against Samuel L. Jackson, the two leaders being Blazius and Charlie Jane Anders at Io9

LOl lol He'd deserve that after he conspired with GL to mess up ROTS.

Anders has good points BTW even regarding G.I. Joe and Spider-man 3( bad movies both)

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Though the title says "great actors"

I can't tell that since I don't follow Jackson. But I saw him SW and he was very bad in it. And these footages won't earn him my appreciation either dry

Message edited by Blazius - Thursday, 2011 Dec 08, 04:09

Date: Monday, 2012 Mar 12, 12:56 GMT | Message # 41

Site Admin

Interesting article posted at Collider : Joss Whedon Talks THE AVENGERS & THE AVENGERS 2; Over 2-Hour Runtime, No Skrulls or Kree, Easter Eggs, and “Smaller” Sequel

For those of you who hoped Whedon would have brought his personal touch to the movie, i'm afraid it was left in the editing room when the movie went from 3 hours to 2 hours 15 minutes. You'll have to wait for the Diector's cut.

Also Whedon says there will be no Easter egg and allusions to his previous work in The Avengers; i've already said in this forum it would be too distracting from the main plot...unless you're The Big Bang Theory of course.

Date: Tuesday, 2012 May 22, 16:00 GMT | Message # 42

Site Admin

Interesting article : Was Marvel Setting Up Both The Vision and Scarlet Witch in The Avengers? at Furious Fanboys

I got the repeated mentions of Coulson's girlfriend but i'm lacking of knowledge about the Marvel universe and didn't see The Vision coming surprised

Date: Tuesday, 2012 Jul 10, 17:15 GMT | Message # 43

Site Admin

When asked about his possible involvement in a The Avengers sequel, Nathan Fillion is honest enough to answer :

"I have to be honest. The entertainment industry is an industry. I love telling stories but finance does meet art. If I were in charge of an Avengers sequel I would be very concerned about what kind of money I could make back overseas, and these kinds of things.

"I'm not quite at that level yet where I could just be plopped in there but I'm getting there."

He added: "I've had more than my fair share of Joss Whedon projects. I find it very difficult, even being the selfish kind of guy I am, to say 'give me more'."

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 2012 Jul 10, 17:19

Date: Wednesday, 2012 Jul 11, 03:18 GMT | Message # 44

Bloggers

I admire Fillion for being so forthright and honest. I hope he is able to get the additional roles that will see him on to bigger and better things. But the appeal that a celebrity has is so intangible and so hard to define. He strikes me as a good leading man but also a very good character actor. He reminds me a bit of George C Scott and I think that as Fillion ages, he resembles Scott more and more particularly from Doctor Strangelove by Stanley Kubrick.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Date: Wednesday, 2012 Jul 11, 09:29 GMT | Message # 45

Site Admin

There's a ressemblance with George C Scott indeed, who happened to have played tortured characters; i remember an anecdote when Fillion said to Whedon at the Firefly auditions : "i'm so not this guy (Mal Reynolds), he's tortured, anxious,..." and Whedon answered "You'll be perfect".

It seems that Fillion is thinking about the "After Castle" life because he has landed the role of Hermes in "Percy Jackson"'s sequel, Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (2013), based on the second book in Rick Riordan's beloved young-adult book series.

Also what i wanted to highlight by mentioning Fillion's interview is that, as much as we'd like it to happen, Summer chances to play in a blockbuster are slim. Fortunately, that doesn't prevent fanboys and fangirls (note that the use of this term is not pejorative in my mouth) from seeing Summer Glau in every upcoming sci-fi blockbuster biggrin

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 2012 Jul 11, 09:30

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Page 3 of 19«123451819»
Search: