menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
robbo Post # 226 | Sunday, 01 Mar 2015 - 04:08
Group: Friends
# 226  Totally agree! I'm utterly astonished and bewildered why Channel 4 hasn't picked up Agent Carter. Which by all accounts they stated that they do not have any current plans for Agent Carter.
Not unless they are waiting for a season two pick-up on behalf of ABC. 
Then again the UK is hypnotized by reality TV shows which are flooding the market. 
Hayley Atwell simply stunning!  rolleyes

robbo Post # 227 | Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 - 03:04
"Ultron" Targeting A $217M Opening?

The upcoming "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is reportedly on track to have the biggest feature-film debut of all time on May 1st.

Bloomberg reports that the Marvel studios sequel could collect as much as $217 million over its opening weekend in the U.S. and Canada.

That's slightly up on the $207 million that the first film opened to and remains to this day the best-ever opening weekend ranking. The forecast for the 'Ultron' opening weekend is based on analyses of posts on social media among other things.

Actual early tracking figures from more conventional sources won't be available for a few weeks yet.

I'd like to watch the film now, and I'll pay twice the ticket price. How's about that then Marvel any chance!

Via: Bloomberg

Elizabeth Olsen arrives at Tom Ford Autumn/Winter 2015 Womenswear Collection Presentation at Milk Studios on February 20, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.

Elizabeth Olsen arrives at Tom Ford Autumn/Winter 2015 Womenswear Collection PresentationElizabeth Olsen arrives at Tom Ford Autumn/Winter 2015 Womenswear Collection PresentationElizabeth Olsen arrives at Tom Ford Autumn/Winter 2015 Womenswear Collection PresentationElizabeth Olsen arrives at Tom Ford Autumn/Winter 2015 Womenswear Collection Presentation

Elizabeth Olsen attends Miu Miu Club Launch of the First Miu Miu Fragrance and Croisiere 2016 Collection at Palais d'Iena on July 4, 2015 in Paris, France

Elizabeth Olsen suffered a Marilyn Monroe moment thanks to a big gust of wind. As she arrived at the launch party for Miu Miu's fragrance in Paris, the 26-year-old actress stopped to pose for pictures when the elements took over, causing the skirt of her dress to fly up.

Elizabeth Olsen wardrobe malfunction at Miu Miu's fragrance in ParisElizabeth Olsen wardrobe malfunction at Miu Miu's fragrance in ParisElizabeth Olsen wardrobe malfunction at Miu Miu's fragrance in Paris

chrisdvanne_ Post # 228 | Thursday, 12 Mar 2015 - 08:18
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
The forecast for the 'Ultron' opening weekend is based on analyses of posts on social media among other things.

Fascinating what you can do with datas. Although I guess this is not an exact science.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 229 | Friday, 20 Mar 2015 - 00:35
We're just over a month away from the release of Marvel and Disney's highly anticipated "Avengers" sequel. Today the studio released a new TV spot for the film that features a ton of new footage with detailed looks at all of the main characters, including the villain Ultron.

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" opens May 1

robbo Post # 230 | Tuesday, 24 Mar 2015 - 01:58
15 Most Underrated TV Shows Of The Decade (So Far)

8. Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Show: A spin-off set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. follows the titular crime-fighting organisation, led by a revived Agent Coulson (Clark Gregg), as they take on new threats to global security.

Why It's Underrated: No show in recent memory has improved itself as much as this, because S.H.I.E.L.D. started as a thoroughly mediocre freak-of-the-week-type adventure serial which invited divided reviews despite an insane 12 million viewers tuning in for the pilot episode. Viewership sharply fell over the course of the first season, with the season finale drawing only half the viewers of the pilot.

By season two, however, the show improved massively and managed to hold its viewing figures much more consistently as a result, featuring slight but entertaining tie-ins to the "proper" MCU (by way of some fun cameos), better villains, and simply a more pronounced feeling that what's happening actually has some import and isn't just disposable.

It's understandable that a lot of viewers were turned off by the rather generic and forgettable first half of season one, but things have come a long way since then, so it might be worth giving it another go if you abandoned it early on.

Via: WC

Elizabeth Henstridge (L) and Chloe Bennet attend the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella' at the El Capitan Theatre on March 1, 2015 in Hollywood, California.

Chloe Bennet attend the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella'Chloe Bennet attend the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella'Chloe Bennet attend the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella'Chloe Bennet attend the premiere of Disney's 'Cinderella'

robbo Post # 231 | Thursday, 02 Apr 2015 - 03:39
Two More Actresses To Appear In "Ultron"

The list of celebrity attendees for the world premiere of "Avengers: Age of Ultron" has surfaced.

What would normally be an uninteresting document has drawn a lot of attention though as the section for the film's cast includes two fairly well known actresses who have not been mentioned as part of the cast before.

Specifically, both Julie Delpy ("Before Sunrise") and Linda Cardellini ("Scooby-Doo") have been slotted in amongst the other cast members of the film including Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans.

Other celebrities attending the premiere are in a different section of the document and so this has quickly led to speculation about what roles either of them could be playing - including the possibility that one of them is Captain Marvel.

Slashfilm got in contact with Disney who has confirmed that their inclusion in the cast list was not a misprint. There wasn't any comment beyond that.

Via: Slashfilm

Elizabeth Olsen is photographed for Numero Tokyo on September 1, 2014 in New York City. COVER IMAGE.
(Photo by Michael Schwartz./Contour by Getty Images)

elizabeth olsen photoshootelizabeth olsen photoshootelizabeth olsen photoshootelizabeth olsen photoshootelizabeth olsen photoshoot

robbo Post # 232 | Friday, 10 Apr 2015 - 01:36
ABC & Marvel Plan A "SHIELD" Spin-Off 

On the eve of Netflix's "Daredevil" series launch, ABC is doubling down on its Marvel connection and is reportedly developing a spin-off to "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.".

Executive producer Jeffrey Bell ("Angel," "The X-Files") and series writer Paul Zbyszewski ("Lost") are the duo reportedly behind the potential series, though the concept remains under wraps. 

The new show is NOT expected to include a back-door pilot within the "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." program itself like quite a few other shows do, including rival DC series "The Flash" which was partly setup by a two-part "Arrow" second season episode. 

Yet, story elements within the remaining episodes of the second season of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." are said to be laying some basics for the concept of the new show which could premiere either this fall, or mid-season ala "Agent Carter" earlier this year. That decision won't be revealed until the television upfronts next month. 

Via: TheLiveFeed

robbo Post # 233 | Tuesday, 21 Apr 2015 - 01:53
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spin off To Star Adrianne Palicki & Nick Blood

ABC's reported Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff is going the Mr. & Mrs. Smith route.

S.H.I.E.L.D. stars Nick Blood and Adrianne Palicki - who plays ex-husband-and-wife duo Lance Hunter and Barbara "Bobbi" Morse, AKA Mockingbird - are being eyed to headline the offshoot.

Palicki and Blood both joined the mothership drama this season as the newest members of Coulson's team.

The project is being penned by S.H.I.E.L.D. executive producer Jeffrey Bell (whose writing credits also include Angel and The X-Files) and co-exec producer Paul Zbyszewski (Hawaii Five-0, Lost).

Via: TVLine

Adrianne Palicki attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' at the Dolby Theatre on April 13, 2015 in Hollywood, California.

Adrianne Palicki attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'Adrianne Palicki attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'Adrianne Palicki attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

chrisdvanne_ Post # 234 | Friday, 24 Apr 2015 - 04:54
Quote robbo ()
Specifically, both Julie Delpy ("Before Sunrise") and Linda Cardellini ("Scooby-Doo") have been slotted in amongst the other cast members of the film including Chris Hemsworth and Chris Evans.

Julie Delpy is a 45 year old French-American actress who plays Madame B in Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron, according to IMDb.

Julie Delpy attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' at the Dolby Theatre on April 13, 2015 in Hollywood, California.
(Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for Disney)

Julie Delpy attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'Julie Delpy attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

Linda Cardellini attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' at the Dolby Theatre on April 13, 2015 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty Images for Disney)

Linda Cardellini attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'Linda Cardellini attends the world premiere of Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

chrisdvanne_ Post # 235 | Friday, 24 Apr 2015 - 06:03
Quote robbo ()
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Spin off To Star Adrianne Palicki & Nick Blood

ABC's reported Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoff is going the Mr. & Mrs. Smith route.

I know I'm being selfish here but what does it say about the future of Agent Carter?

robbo Post # 236 | Sunday, 26 Apr 2015 - 01:47
'Agent Carter' Season 2 Update: Peggy's New Romance Down To Daniel Or Angie?

'Agent Carter' latest update indicates that the Season 2 is more likely to happen. Even though the network has not confirmed anything yet, many fans are sure that the series gets another round. Not only viewers but writer like Rich Johnston speaks out that the show is sure to be renewed. If that will happen, the forthcoming season will focus on Peggy's new romance?

'Agent Carter' Season 2 renewal is still uncertain. Despite that, many are hopeful that the show could have round 2. Marvel hits some success earlier this year with 'Agent Carter'. It may not have been success on ratings, but it definitely was a fan and critical darling. Now, one of the most well-connected men in the super hero biz says it's likely to be coming back for more next season.

According to a report, writer Rich Johnston of 'Bleeding Cool' says 'Agent Carter' is "75% confirmed for a second series. "It was added that, it "would make it more of a sure thing than 'Agents of SHIELD' returning for season 3, to be honest, so I could see Hayley Atwell back in action during the winter again or even as a replacement for 'AOS' if ABC  decides to pull the plug there. A full season would be nice, but just having the series back at all would be incredibly good news."

Meanwhile, 'Agent Carter' latest update indicates that the forthcoming season will feature Peggy's love life. This time, a majority of the fandom is split between Daniel Sousa and Angie Martinelli.

Many fans speculated that Peggy and Angie might have just moved into Stark's big empty house together in 'Agent Carter' Season 2, which will make a nice, less action-packed side plot and the relationship between those two characters.

However, Daniel Sousa is the likeliest candidate, because he was injured in the war and has treated Peggy the best out of the rest of the men in the office. According to a report, Daniel has more advantages over the others because he is alive and present in the 1940s, so he has that over Captain America. And he seems to be a good, honest agent, with none of Stark's sleaziness.

I just wanted to throw my hat in the ring Chris and join you in being a bit selfish for wanting another season of Agent Carter. Hayley Atwell does a fantastic job playing Peggy Carter I like the show.

Via: VCP

Hayley Atwell arrives at Entertainment Weekly's Annual Comic Con Celebration at Float at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.
(Photo by Chelsea Lauren/WireImage)

Hayley Atwell arrives at Entertainment Weekly's Annual Comic Con CelebrationHayley Atwell arrives at Entertainment Weekly's Annual Comic Con Celebration

robbo Post # 237 | Friday, 01 May 2015 - 00:58
The Fate Of Marvel's Agent Carter Will Be Revealed In Three Weeks

The fate of Marvel's Agent Carter will be revealed soon - and apparently it "looks good" for the show.

Hayley Atwell appeared at Chicago's C2E2 convention this past weekend - and a message for the fans was taped to her autograph stand.

It read: "We will know in 3 weeks if Agent Carter is renewed for another season. But it looks good given the fan response."

Presumably the message was intended to spare Atwell being asked - over and over again - what the fate holds for Peggy Carter. 

Fans have been awaiting news on the future of the ABC series since its 8-part first season wrapped in February. 

The network is already developing new projects with Marvel, including a new spinoff from Agents of SHIELD and another show with 12 Years a Slave screenwriter John Ridley. 

Via: DigitalSpy

robbo Post # 238 | Wednesday, 13 May 2015 - 03:35
Agent Carter Moving To A New City In Season 2 

After snagging a second season renewal, Agent Carter is leaving New York City behind.

In the wake of saving the world once again and letting go of her beloved Steve Rogers, SSR Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell) is moving to Los Angeles in season 2.

Here's the description of the new season: "Dedicated to the fight against new atomic age threats in the wake of World War II, Peggy must now journey from New York City to Los Angeles for her most dangerous assignment yet. But even as she discovers new friends, a new home - and perhaps even a new love - she's about to find out that the bright lights of the post-war Hollywood mask a more sinister threat to everyone she is sworn to protect."

Who will she be battling?

Via: EW

robbo Post # 239 | Tuesday, 26 May 2015 - 03:12
Hayley Atwell Reveals Agent Carter Season 2 Will Consist Of 10 Episodes 

Good news for Agent Carter fans - the show's second series will consist of 10 episodes. 

Hayley Atwell revealed the news at Comicpalooza in Houston on (May 22), telling fans what they can expect from Peggy Carter in season two.

This means that the show's second outing will consist of two more episodes than its debut season. 

Atwell also elaborated on the show's new setting of "dark" 1940s Los Angeles. 

"I also think the show runners really want to move it forward", she said. "So it's going to be set in LA and with 10 episodes it's going to be a very glamorous, dark world of 1940s Los Angeles. 

"I think it might be touched upon a little bit about her background, but I think we want to move it forward so the audience feel like we are taking them on a new journey."

Via: DigitalSpy

robbo Post # 240 | Tuesday, 02 Jun 2015 - 03:34
Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Promotes Luke Mitchell For Season 3

Luke Mitchell has been promoted to series regular for the upcoming third season of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. EW has learned.

The Tomorrow People alum joined the cast in season 2 as Lincoln, a charismatic Inhuman who helped Skye (Chloe Bennet) discover her powers, and eventually sided with S.H.I.E.L.D. after Inhuman leader Jiaying incited a war between them.

"We loved Luke this season," executive producer Jeffrey Bell told EW when asked if the show was planning to keep Lincoln around. "We have a lot of ideas for Luke ---- He was a nice addition this past season, so he's definitely being considered for all that."

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will return to ABC this fall.

Via: EW

Luke Mitchell, attends the Pre-TV Week Logie Awards Industry event in Melbourne, Australia.
Credit: INFphoto.com

Luke Mitchell, attends the Pre-TV Week Logie Awards Industry event in MelbourneLuke Mitchell, attends the Pre-TV Week Logie Awards Industry event in Melbourne

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: