menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
chrisdvanne_ Post # 211 | Monday, 05 Jan 2015 - 12:04
Group: Administrators
MARVEL’S AGENT CARTER – “Pilot” – It’s 1946 and peace has dealt Agent Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell), a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy finds herself stuck doing administrative work when she would rather be back out in the field, putting her vast skills into play and taking down the bad guys. But she is also trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life, Steve Rogers – aka Captain America. When old acquaintance Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper, “Marvel’s Captain America: The First Avenger”) finds himself being framed for unleashing his deadliest weapons to anyone willing to pony up the cash, he contacts Peggy — the only person he can trust — to track down those responsible, dispose of the weapons and clear his name. He empowers his butler, Edwin Jarvis (James D’Arcy), to be at her beck and call when needed to help assist her as she investigates and tracks down those responsible for selling these weapons of mass destruction. If caught going on these secret missions for Stark, Peggy could be targeted as a traitor and spend the rest of her days in prison – or worse.

ABC's 'Marvel's Agent CarterABC's 'Marvel's Agent CarterABC's 'Marvel's Agent Carter

ABC's 'Marvel's Agent CarterABC's 'Marvel's Agent CarterABC's 'Marvel's Agent Carter

“Marvel’s Agent Carter” will debut with a two-hour premiere on TUESDAY, JANUARY 6 (8:00-10:00 p.m., ET), on ABC. (ABC/Kelsey McNeal)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 212 | Thursday, 08 Jan 2015 - 02:51
Group: Friends
"Agent Carter" Scores Decent, But Soft Ratings

The first big TV series launch of the year, Marvel's "Agent Carter," scored solid but unexceptional Live + Same Day ratings for ABC on Tuesday night. The show came second to CBS' "NCIS" double.

"Agent Carter" took over the "Agents of SHIELD" timeslot and scored a 1.9 rating/6 share in adults 18-49 and 6.7 million viewers overall, topping all but the premiere episode of 'SHIELD' this season.

Even so, 1.9 for a strongly hyped premiere seems soft, and the show slipped from a 2.0 to a 1.7 by the final half-hour, the latter equal to the mid-season finale of "Agents of SHIELD" last month.

I enjoyed it, I thought Hayley was outstanding, really like the feel of it. Both episodes were so much fun. As for the ratings, it seems like few things can get a big audience anymore.

Via: Variety

Hayley Atwell is seen at 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' on Jan 6, 2015

Hayley Atwell is seen at 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' on Jan 6, 2015Hayley Atwell is seen at 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' on Jan 6, 2015

robbo Post # 213 | Thursday, 08 Jan 2015 - 21:33
Edward James Olmos Joins "SHIELD"

"Battlestar Galactica" veteran Edward James Olmos has joined the cast of ABC's "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."

Olmos will play Robert Gonzales, a character whose appearance will have massive repercussions for Director Coulson and his team. Olmos begins his role on the series shortly after it returns on March 3rd.

Executive producer Jeph Loeb says: "Edward James Olmos brings an amazing gravitas to any role he inhabits, something we knew we needed for Robert Gonzales. When Olmos first appears on our series, everyone will have to take notice - including our favorite Agents."

Source: Marvel

Edward James Olmos attends The Music Center's 50th Anniversary Spectacular at The Music Center on December 6, 2014 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Jonathan Leibson/Getty Images for The Music Center)Edward James Olmos and Tricia Helfer attends the NBC Primetime Preview at Radio City Music Hall May 17, 2004 in New York City. (Photo by Peter Kramer/Getty Images)MIAMI VICE -- Season 2 -- Pictured: (l-r) Edward James Olmos as Lt. Martin Castillo, Saundra Santiago as Det. Gina Navarro Calabrese (Photo by NBC/NBCU Photo Bank via Getty Images)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 214 | Wednesday, 14 Jan 2015 - 15:07
I spotted two Summer Glau villains in a scene of Marvel's Agent Carter pilot: James Urbaniak, who played the real Sarkissian in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and James Frain, who played Peter Fleming (and Orwell's father) in The Cape.

Summer Glau villains in Marvel's Agent Carter pilot

robbo Post # 215 | Thursday, 15 Jan 2015 - 03:29
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I spotted two Summer Glau villains in a scene of Marvel's Agent Carter pilot: James Urbaniak, who played the real Sarkissian in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, and James Frain, who played Peter Fleming (and Orwell's father) in The Cape.

Summer Glau villains in Marvel's Agent Carter pilot

Well Spotted Chris! I saw James Frain.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 216 | Saturday, 17 Jan 2015 - 14:37
TSCC trivia: Andre Royo, who played Club owner Spider Raymond in Marvel's Agent Carter pilot (see screen cap), was a resistance fighter in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 1.06 'Dungeons & Dragons' and 1.08 'Vick's Chip'.

Andre Royo played Club owner Spider Raymond in Marvel's Agent Carter pilotAndre Royo played a resistance fighter in Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesAndre Royo played a resistance fighter in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

robbo Post # 217 | Sunday, 18 Jan 2015 - 04:15
Quote chrisdvanne ()
TSCC trivia: Andre Royo, who played Club owner Spider Raymond in Marvel's Agent Carter pilot (see screen cap), was a resistance fighter in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles 1.06 'Dungeons & Dragons' and 1.08 'Vick's Chip'.

Andre Royo played Club owner Spider Raymond in Marvel's Agent Carter pilotAndre Royo played a resistance fighter in Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesAndre Royo played a resistance fighter in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Ah, well spotted Chris! I must have been asleep watching the pilot, but yes I do remember him before he got his kiss goodnight.  smile

robbo Post # 218 | Friday, 06 Feb 2015 - 03:00
Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Adds Luke Mitchell

The cast of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." just got a little more Inhuman with the addition of Luke Mitchell!

Luke Mitchell will make his debut this season as a charismatic Inhuman named Lincoln, who has an important role to play in Skye understanding the true extent of her transformation.

"With the revelations surrounding Skye's true identity in the Winter Finale, we knew we'd be introducing more Inhumans as our story progressed," said Executive Producer and Marvel's Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. "The charming energy Luke brings to the role that will make him a character to watch as we continue our season."

Known to American fans for his role as John Young in "The Tomorrow People" Mitchell previously had roles on "Home and Away," "H20: Just Add Water," and "Neighbours" in his native Australia.

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns on Tuesday, March 3 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC.

Via: Marvel.Com

Luke Mitchell arrives at the Australians In Film's Heath Ledger Scholarship Dinner at SLS Hotel on June 12, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Valerie Macon/Getty Images)

robbo Post # 219 | Tuesday, 10 Feb 2015 - 03:54
Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Brings Back Lady Sif - With A Big Twist

Jaimie Alexander will again bring Thor's Lady Sif to ABC's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - though there won't be much opportunity for a trip down memory lane with Coulson & Co.

Because when Lady Sif resurfaces in the series' second episode back (airing March 10), she will have lost her short-term memory, meaning she knows nothing of Thor, let alone what/ who she is back on Earth to thwart.

"We're going to have fun with that," executive producer Jeffrey Bell tells TV Insider, which first reported on Alexander's encore. "It'll give us some much-needed humor in a season that's been full of betrayal and death."

Alexander first brought her MCU character to the small screen in Season 1, Episode 15, "Yes Men."

Via: TVLine

Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif in Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 'Yes Men' (Season 1, Episode 15, aired March 11, 2014)

Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif in Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif in Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.Jaimie Alexander as Lady Sif in Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Lady Sif may suffer from short-term memory loss but we have not forgotten the very revealing dress Jaimie Alexander was wearing at the Los Angeles Premiere of 'Thor: The Dark World' at the El Capitan Theatre on November 4, 2013 in Hollywood, California.

Jaimie Alexander at the Los Angeles Premiere of 'Thor: The Dark World'Jaimie Alexander at the Los Angeles Premiere of 'Thor: The Dark World'Jaimie Alexander at the Los Angeles Premiere of 'Thor: The Dark World'Jaimie Alexander at the Los Angeles Premiere of 'Thor: The Dark World'

robbo Post # 220 | Friday, 13 Feb 2015 - 02:24
# 220  That is some dress! what a cheeky little number that Jaimie is teasing us with she looks absolutely amazing. She has a figure to die for astonishing.  love

robbo Post # 221 | Friday, 13 Feb 2015 - 02:46
Drea De Matteo Turns Villainous In Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Emmy-winning actress to menace Coulson and his team in an upcoming episode!

With the return of "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." this March, the series has already added a new villain to face our heroes with Emmy-winning actress Drea de Matteo!

Matteo will play Karla Faye Gideon, a Gifted women with a grudge to bear against S.H.I.E.L.D. who joins forces with Skye's father, Cal.

"We're thrilled to have Drea join us as yet another great villain to challenge our cast," said Executive Producer and Marvel's Head of Marvel Television, Jeph Loeb. "We relished the opportunity to work with her in such a menacing role."

Matteo earned an Emmy for her role as Adriana La Cerva in "The Sopranos," and since then has starred in series such as "Sons of Anarchy," " Desperate Housewives," and "Joey."

"Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." returns on Tuesday, March 3 at 9:00 p.m. ET on ABC.

Via: Marvel.com

Drea De Matteo attends the Premiere Screening Of FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' at TCL Chinese Theatre on September 6, 2014 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by David Buchan/Getty Images)

Drea De Matteo attends the Premiere Screening Of FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy'Drea De Matteo attends the Premiere Screening Of FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy'

robbo Post # 222 | Sunday, 15 Feb 2015 - 04:30
'Agents Of SHIELD' Promotes Adrianne Palicki To Series Regular

Adrianne Palicki has been upped to a series regular on "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD."

Palicki, who's best known for her role on "Friday Night Lights," joined the ABC superhero drama in its second season as HYDRA operative Bobbi Morse (aka Mockingbird). She was revealed to be a SHIELD  agent and the ex-wife of Lance Hunter (Nick Blood) during her six-episode arc.

Her character will appear on the March 3 midseason premiere. The episode "Aftershocks" finds Palicki's Bobbi and Henry Simmon's Mack beginning the next phase of a plan that will have "grave repercussions for Coulson and his team," who are unaware of the force against them.

"Agents of SHIELD" also recently cast "The Sopranos" star Drea de Matteo as Karla Faye Gideon and Edward James Olmos as Robert Gonzales.

Via: Variety

Adrianne Palicki as HYDRA operative Bobbi Morse in ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - Season Two

MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - 'What They Become' - Coulson and Whitehall's forces meet in an explosive confrontation that dramatically alters everyone's fates. Meanwhile, Skye discovers shocking secrets about her past, on the Winter finale of 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,' TUESDAY, DECEMBER 9 (9:00-10:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network. (Photo by Kelsey McNeal/ABC via Getty Images)

Adrianne Palicki as HYDRA operative Bobbi Morse in ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - Season TwoAdrianne Palicki as HYDRA operative Bobbi Morse in ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - Season TwoAdrianne Palicki as HYDRA operative Bobbi Morse in ABC's 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' - Season Two

Disney & ABC Television Group's TCA Winter Press Tour - Arrivals

Actress Adrianne Palicki attends the Disney & ABC Television Group's TCA Winter Press Tour on January 14, 2015 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Jason Kempin/Getty Images)

Actress Adrianne Palicki attends the Disney & ABC Television Group's TCA Winter Press TourActress Adrianne Palicki attends the Disney & ABC Television Group's TCA Winter Press TourActress Adrianne Palicki attends the Disney & ABC Television Group's TCA Winter Press Tour

chrisdvanne_ Post # 223 | Wednesday, 18 Feb 2015 - 14:52
Am I the only one who spotted Smalville's John Glover (as Lex Luthor's fater) in Agent Carter 1.05, playing an SSR informant that Chief Dooley met?

John Glover in Agent Carter 1.05

robbo Post # 224 | Thursday, 26 Feb 2015 - 04:24
"Agent Carter" Producers Offer S2 Thoughts

With Marvel's "Agent Carter" limited series wrapping up its eight episode run last night, questions have turned towards what could be in store for a second season of the show should Marvel decide to proceed with it.

In a new chat with THR, co-showrunners Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas spoke about that ending which ties up events between that of "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," and the brief appearance of Toby Jones as Zola.

Does Jones' appearance mean he'll serve as the second season's villain? Fazes says: "He isn't necessarily coming back. That scene wasn't saying that Toby Jones is going to be the big villain of season two or anything. It was just recognizing that this is the start of the Winter Soldier program."

The show has essentially maintained the same audience as "SHIELD" has in the timeslot, though has lost some of that show's key demo audience. Asked about the show's ratings, Fazekas says: "This isn't a secret, but the TV business has changed. People don't watch shows the night of as much. If you look at the delayed viewing numbers, it almost doubles the night of ratings. [Marvel]seemed to be very happy with it. We didn't get very many notes, which we took as a good sign."

Asked what they learned from this season they'd like to bring to the second, Butters says: "More Peggy and Jarvis. They are the heart of the series."

I gotta say this show was pretty entertaining in its fist season. Absolutely I couldn't agree more Peggy and Jarvis most definitely. Also more Bridget Regan as Dottie would be a must. She had all the best parts.

Via: THR

Marvel has released two cast portraits from Agent Carter, featuring Bridget Regan's 'Dottie' as she gives a pretty sweet (or sinister?) staredown to Hayley Atwell's beloved Peggy Carter.

cast portraits from Agent Carter, featuring Bridget Regan's 'Dottie' and Hayley Atwell's beloved Peggy Cartercast portraits from Agent Carter, featuring Bridget Regan's 'Dottie' and Hayley Atwell's beloved Peggy Carter

chrisdvanne_ Post # 225 | Saturday, 28 Feb 2015 - 11:53
I'm surprised Marvel's Agent Carter isn't shown in the UK, all the more so as there are two Brits in lead roles, namely Hayley Atwell and James D’Arcy. Channel 4, who air Agents Of SHIELD didn’t pick it up.

Hayley Atwell at London Evening Standard Theatre Awards on Nov 17, 2013Hayley Atwell at London Evening Standard Theatre Awards on Nov 17, 2013Hayley Atwell at London Evening Standard Theatre Awards on Nov 17, 2013

Hayley Atwell at London Evening Standard Theatre Awards on Nov 17, 2013Hayley Atwell at London Evening Standard Theatre Awards on Nov 17, 2013Hayley Atwell at London Evening Standard Theatre Awards on Nov 17, 2013

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: