menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
robbo Post # 196 | Sunday, 02 Nov 2014 - 04:02
Group: Friends
Loki To Appear In Thor: Ragnarok And Both Parts Of Avengers: Infinity War

It has been confirmed that Tom Hiddleston's Loki will feature heavily in the new batch of Marvel films recently announced.

Kevin Feige  says Thor's villainous step-brother will be in both Thor: Ragnarok and Avengers: Infinity War.

It was pretty much a given he would put in an appearance in the third Thor film. By the end of Thor: The Dark World he was able to take the form of King Odin and had persuaded Thor (Chris Hemsworth) to return to Earth and be with Jane Foster, played by Natalie Portman.

He will also play a part in Avengers: Infinity Part 1 and Part 2 because his sceptre has one of the Infinity Stones in it and once it is placed in the Infinity Gauntlet it will set off havoc for the band of superheroes to deal with.

That doesn't guarantee he will appear in Avengers 2, but given how popular Hiddleston is and the glee he plays the villain with, producers may include him in some form.

Via: DigitalSpy

Zachary Levi, Nathan Fillion and Tom Hiddleston arrive at the premiere of Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World' at the El Capitan Theatre on November 4, 2013 in Hollywood

Zachary Levi, Nathan Fillion and Tom Hiddleston arrive at the premiere of Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World' at the El Capitan Theatre on November 4, 2013 in HollywoodZachary Levi, Nathan Fillion and Tom Hiddleston arrive at the premiere of Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World' at the El Capitan Theatre on November 4, 2013 in Hollywood
Zachary Levi, Nathan Fillion and Tom Hiddleston arrive at the premiere of Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World' at the El Capitan Theatre on November 4, 2013 in HollywoodZachary Levi, Nathan Fillion and Tom Hiddleston arrive at the premiere of Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World' at the El Capitan Theatre on November 4, 2013 in HollywoodZachary Levi, Nathan Fillion and Tom Hiddleston arrive at the premiere of Marvel's 'Thor: The Dark World' at the El Capitan Theatre on November 4, 2013 in Hollywood

robbo Post # 197 | Friday, 07 Nov 2014 - 02:57
"Agent Carter" Gets An Air Date, New Face

ABC has announced its mid-season schedule with "Marvel's Agent Carter" taking prime position in the network's press release.

First up, the tenth episode of this season's "Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" will serve as the mid-season finale on Tuesday, December 9th.

Then, "Agent Carter" takes over with the eight-episode limited series scoring a premiere date of Tuesday, January 6th at 9pm. It will then run weekly and uninterrupted with the finale to air on February 24th.

"Marvel's Agents of SHIELD" will then return the following week on Tuesday, March 3rd and will run uninterrupted for twelve weeks straight through to its season finale in May.

It has also been revealed that Costa Ronin ("The Americans") has joined the cast of "Agent Carter" as the younger version of Anton Vanko. Anton is the father of "Iron Man 2" villain Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) and appeared in that film's opening scenes as a dying elderly man who revealed he helped create the arc reactor with Howard Stark.

Source: ABC

Hayley Atwell arrives for the premiere of Marvel's 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' at the El Capitan Theatre on March 13, 2014 in Hollywood

Hayley Atwell arrives for the premiere of Marvel's 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' at the El Capitan Theatre on March 13, 2014 in Hollywood, California.Hayley Atwell arrives for the premiere of Marvel's 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' at the El Capitan Theatre on March 13, 2014 in Hollywood, California.Hayley Atwell arrives for the premiere of Marvel's 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' at the El Capitan Theatre on March 13, 2014 in Hollywood, California.Hayley Atwell arrives for the premiere of Marvel's 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' at the El Capitan Theatre on March 13, 2014 in Hollywood, California.Hayley Atwell arrives for the premiere of Marvel's 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' at the El Capitan Theatre on March 13, 2014 in Hollywood, California.

Hayley Atwell attends the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter screening during the 2013 Comic-Con on July 19 in San Diego

Hayley Atwell attends the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter screening during the 2013 Comic-ConHayley Atwell attends the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter screening during the 2013 Comic-ConHayley Atwell attends the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter screening during the 2013 Comic-ConHayley Atwell attends the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter screening during the 2013 Comic-Con

robbo Post # 198 | Sunday, 16 Nov 2014 - 03:48
Anthony And Joe Russo To Replace Joss Whedon On Avengers 3?

Anthony Russo ® and Joe Russo

Anthony and Joe Russo will reportedly replace Joss Whedon on the Avengers franchise.

According to a report by Deadline, the Captain America: The Winter Soldier directors will board the series for the double Avengers: The Infinity War movie.

The pair are also returning to direct the third Captain America film, based on Marvel's Civil War event.

Whedon recently shot the sequel, Avengers: Age of Ultron, which will be released in 2015.

The Infinity War, which will follow it, is expected to wrap up the threads regarding Thanos and the Infinity Gems.

Avengers: Infinity War - Part 1 will be released on May 4, 2018, with Part Two coming on May 3, 2019.

Captain America: Civil War will arrive in UK cinemas on April 29, 2016 and in the US on May 6, 2016.

Via: Deadline

robbo Post # 199 | Saturday, 22 Nov 2014 - 03:09
Actors You Didn't Know Wrote Famous Movies

Clark Gregg - What Lies Beneath (2000)

Before he approached Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark with a unique initiative, before he saw his team assembled and gave his life to uphold the integrity of all of humankind, before whispers and little scrawled signs saying "Coulson Lives" suggested that the Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. would indeed fight another day--- before he ever made Phil Coulson into one of the best parts of the Marvel Cinematic Universe without having a single superpower, fanboy favourite Clark Gregg wrote the horror film What Lies Beneath.

The 2000 movie starred Michelle Pfieffer and Harrison Ford as a wife and husband dealing with strange occurrences and a ghostly presence in their home. As far as scripts written by actors go, this is one of the tautest and most complete. Where a lesser writer would have either provided a realistic explanation to the phenomena or gone totally bonkers with the whole "ghosts exist!" thing, Gregg finds some middle ground with What Lies Beneath.

He later wrote and directed the mediocre movie Choke, based on the Chuck Palahniuk book, but his successes have come from his acting roles. He's shown up in almost every Marvel movie since Iron Man in 2008 and before that appeared in The West Wing and dozens of films, and he continues to take on new roles. Hopefully someday he'll find the time to turn his attention to another script, and hopefully that script will be as great as the script for What Lies Beneath.

Source // Marvel Studios

Chloe Bennet and Clark Gregg attend the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New York

Chloe Bennet and Clark Gregg attend the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New YorkChloe Bennet and Clark Gregg attend the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New YorkChloe Bennet and Clark Gregg attend the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New York

robbo Post # 200 | Monday, 01 Dec 2014 - 02:59
Now This Would Be An Interesting Crossover S.H.I.E.L.D. And Castle?

Clark Gregg, fan favorite Agent Phil Coulson on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. posted an image on his Facebook page. He is hugging / attacking / putting a sleeper hold on his Much Ado co-star Nathan Fillion from Castle. Now its not the photos, but rather the caption that is really interesting.

Now This Would Be An Interesting Crossover S.H.I.E.L.D. And Castle?

Clark Gregg
Crossover alert #agentsofCASTLE ? #MalLives ? @nathanfillion

Now it's obviously a joke ---- I think Marvel would want to save Fillion for a bigger role in the MCU at some point ---- but a SHIELD crossover with Castle could be possible as both are on ABC and Marvel has done the comic adaptation of Richard Castle's novels in the past.

It is something to think about.

Via: Bleeding Cool

robbo Post # 201 | Wednesday, 03 Dec 2014 - 03:09
"Agent Carter" Gets A Two-Hour Premiere

Marvel Entertainment and ABC have confirmed that they have bumped up the series premiere of Marvel's "Agent Carter" to include the second episode to air immediately afterwards. As a result, the January 6th premiere of the eight-episode event series will kick off with a two-hour event.

This also likely means (but not confirmed) that the finale will air on February 17th rather than February 24th as previously scheduled, leaving a week gap before the return of Marvel's "Agents of SHIELD" on March 3rd.

Hayley Atwell reprises her "Captain America: The First Avenger" role of Peggy Carter, who has to deal with being marginalized once WWII ends and Steve Rogers is gone. Enlisted to the SSR, the earlier incarnation of what we now know as S.H.I.E.L.D., she does administrative work and goes on secret missions for Howard Stark (Dominic Cooper).

Source: ABC

Laurence Olivier Awards - Red Carpet Arrivals

Hayley Atwell attends the Laurence Olivier Awards at The Royal Opera House on April 13, 2014 in London, EnglandHayley Atwell attends the Laurence Olivier Awards at The Royal Opera House on April 13, 2014 in London, England

chrisdvanne_ Post # 202 | Thursday, 04 Dec 2014 - 13:22
Group: Administrators
Hayley Atwell appears as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. before her new show, Marvel's Agent Carter, replaces it for the winter.
Check out HQ promo photos, production stills and behind-the-scenes shots from her appearance in the Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2.

Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
behind-the-scenes shot of Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.behind-the-scenes shot of Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
behind-the-scenes shot of Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter with Kenneth Choi, Maurissa Tancharoen and Neal McDonough on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.behind-the-scenes shot of Hayley Atwell as Agent Peggy Carter with Kenneth Choi, Maurissa Tancharoen and Neal McDonough on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 203 | Monday, 08 Dec 2014 - 03:09
Women Who Kicked 2014's Ass

Melinda May

TV Show: "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
Actress: Ming-Na Wen
Why she's a badass:

They don't nickname a single person "The Cavalry" without good reason. A stellar pilot and deadly martial artist, May doesn't need things like "guns" or "Knives" or "weapons" to take out the enemy. Unarmed combat is her forte, and she's so damn scary at it that villains will surrender just at the MENTION of her name. We all want to grow up to be Melinda May.

Via: HitFix

Ming-Na Wen attends the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New York

Ming-Na Wen attends the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New YorkMing-Na Wen attends the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New York

Ming-Na Wen attends Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebration at Float at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California

Ming-Na Wen attends Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebration at Float at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, CaliforniaMing-Na Wen attends Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebration at Float at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California

robbo Post # 204 | Tuesday, 09 Dec 2014 - 04:09
Will SKye Be Revealed As Daisy Johnson In Marvel's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.?

Those watching Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will know some things. That SKye is not her real name. That her daddy is a nasty piece of work. But he may also share a common cause with SHIELD against Hydra. And that she's probably an Inhuman, or of Inhuman stock, which is why she can handle the Kree DNA pumped into her system in the way that Coulson and others just can't.

We can make guesses as to what the key to the hidden Inhuman city, Atillan, will do. Will it open doors? Will it trigger Terrigen mists? Are there even mists inside the key?

And who is the lad who is born to be king?

All eyes will be on tomorrow's finale. One hot theory is that SKye's real name will be Daisy.

Daisy Johnson in the Marvel comics is the daughter of Mister Hyde, Dr Calvin Zabo, a scientist who is transformed into a monster. His daughter found the same formula gave her earthquake powers, and as Quake she was recruited by S.H.I.E.L.D. as an agent. There are similarities--- also it's a relatively cheap effect, just shake the camera a bit and knock over a shelf.

Discussion about the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. comic book from Marvel, launching at the end of the month, SKye doesn't seem to exactly mentioned. We're not even sure if that's her on the covers--- also is this a bad pun from Mark Waid, that reveals she may not be in the book?

Beyond that, what's exciting is the opportunity to introduce some of the other TV cast into the Marvel Universe proper, creating "Marvel Universe" versions of Mae, Fitz, Simmons, and the others. And in terms of guest-stars, the sky's the limit, but we've already figured out stories.

Via: Bleeding Cool

Chloe Bennet attends the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New York

Chloe Bennet attends the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New YorkChloe Bennet attends the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New YorkChloe Bennet attends the 'Marvel Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D' premiere and panal discussion during the 2nd Annual Paleyfest New York at Paley Center For Media on October 19, 2014 in New York

robbo Post # 205 | Wednesday, 10 Dec 2014 - 04:15
Exclusive: 'Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.' To Feature A Tie-In To 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'

It should come as no surprise that Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will soon feature some sort of tie-in to The Avengers: Age of Ultron.

After all, following that big reveal in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, S.H.I.E.L.D. picked up the thread that Hydra had infiltrated its ranks. There was even a small crossover with Thor: The Dark World when the agents were tasked with cleaning up the movie's aftermath. And the big blue alien that saved Coulson (Clark Gregg) was Kree---so that sort of counts as a Guardians of the Galaxy tie-in, right?

Now EW can exclusively reveal that the ABC series will connect to the highly anticipated Avengers sequel. "You should expect something ," executive producer Jed Whedon says. "The Avengers is the big tent that all the franchises play under. Obviously, we're included in that."

while it's unclear how the series will tie in to Marvel's big blockbuster, this probably won't be as big a crossover as the Winter Soldier once. "I don't think any movie has the potential to impact us in the way that Captain America 2 did, "executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen says, "but there will be connections."

Via: EW

Executive producer/writer Zack Whedon, actor Nathan Fillion, producer/writer Maurissa Tancharoen, writer Jed Whedon, actress Felicia Day and creator/director Joss Whedon arrive at the 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' event during Paley Fest held at the Arclight Theaters on April 14, 2009 in Hollywood, California

'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' At PaleyFest09'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' At PaleyFest09'Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog' At PaleyFest09

robbo Post # 206 | Friday, 12 Dec 2014 - 03:33
Blair Underwood To Play Melinda May's Ex-Husband In Agents Of SHIELD

Blair Underwood has been cast in Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

The Deep Impact star will recur as Melinda May (Ming-Na Wen)'s estranged ex-husband Dr Andrew Garner.

Underwood will make his first appearance in the series in March 2015, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

Underwood is perhaps best known for his role as Jonathan Rollins in the 1986 drama series LA Law. The series ran until 1994.

Since then, he has had roles in Sex and the City - playing Miranda's neighbour and love interest Dr Robert Leeds - Dirty Sexy Money and The Event.

Agents of SHIELD airs in the UK on Fridays on Channel 4 at 8pm, and returns in the US on ABC on March 3, 2015.

Via: THR

65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards

Blair Underwood arrives at the 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on September 22, 2013 in Los AngelesBlair Underwood arrives at the 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards held at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live on September 22, 2013 in Los AngelesConnie

robbo Post # 207 | Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 - 03:53
Whedon calls his "Ultron" Robot "Bonkers"

It turns out the robotic villain of the next "The Avengers" movie really is the modern 'modern Prometheus'. Speaking with EW, filmmaker Joss Whedon compared the James Spader-voiced, eight-foot tall robot Ultron with that of another famed creation turning on its creator:

"It's our new Frankenstein myth. We create something in our own image and the thing turns on us. It has that pain of 'well, why was I made? I want to kill Daddy' "

Whedon also spoke about how the character differs from other robot characters portrayed on screen:

"I don't remember seeing an artificial-intelligence movie where the robot is bonkers - the most emotionally unstable person in the film - and who has the knowledge of 3,000 years of recorded history and who is a pouty teen, all at the same time."

"Avengers: Age of Ultron" hits cinemas on May 1st.

Via: EW

Equality Now's Make Equality Reality Event - Arrivals

Director Joss Whedon attends the Equality Now's Make Equality Reality event at Montage Hotel on November 3, 2014 in Los Angeles, CaliforniaDirector Joss Whedon attends the Equality Now's Make Equality Reality event at Montage Hotel on November 3, 2014 in Los Angeles, California

chrisdvanne_ Post # 208 | Tuesday, 23 Dec 2014 - 22:38
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
"I don't remember seeing an artificial-intelligence movie where the robot is bonkers - the most emotionally unstable person in the film - and who has the knowledge of 3,000 years of recorded history and who is a pouty teen, all at the same time." 

Uh, Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 209 | Wednesday, 31 Dec 2014 - 03:42
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Quote robbo ()

Uh, Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles?

I'm astonished at Whedon has he never seen or heard of Cameron (Summer Glau) in TSCC. 
How close where they!

robbo Post # 210 | Wednesday, 31 Dec 2014 - 04:14
15 Failed Comic Book TV Shows That Only Lasted One Episode

7. Nick Fury: Agent Of S.H.I.E.L.D. (1998)

To many Marvel fans, Samuel L. Jackson is Nick Fury. Not only has Jackson played the character in five different MCU films over the past five years, the Ultimate version of the character was actually modeled after Jackson - years before Iron Man came out. But there was a time long ago (well, 1998) when Nick Fury was played by none other than David Hasselhoff in a two-hour TV movie (which also served as a pilot for a potential series).

At the time, Marvel Comics longed for a day where they could move past camp and produce a film that captured the pure essence of their characters, a day which was right around the corner with David S. Goyer's Blade and Bryan Singer's X-Men, but in the meantime, they would have to settle for Hasselhoff. Though, as easy as it is to make jokes, Hasselhoff's presentation of the character was actually pretty spot on.

In fact, despite Hasselhoff's apparent frustration at being replaced, he says he'd be willing to strap on the eye-patch again, as he told Yahoo movies:

"I was hoping to have played him in the movie. And then Samuel L. Jackson came in and he was a great Nick Fury but he wasn't really the consummate Nick Fury, the way he was written. And I think that's a shame because he's a great character and a funny character --- I'm hoping to do it again sometime."

Okay, Mr. Hasselhoff, it's probably a good idea if you don't hold your breath. Who would have thought David Hasselhoff as Nick Fury! Mr Knight-Rider.

Via: WC

Hayley Roberts and David Hasselhoff attend the MTV EMA's 2014 at The Hydro on November 9, 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland.

Hayley Roberts and David Hasselhoff attend the MTV EMA's 2014 at The Hydro on November 9, 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland.Hayley Roberts and David Hasselhoff attend the MTV EMA's 2014 at The Hydro on November 9, 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland.Hayley Roberts and David Hasselhoff attend the MTV EMA's 2014 at The Hydro on November 9, 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: