menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread
robbo Post # 181 | Monday, 07 Apr 2014 - 02:10
Group: Friends
" Captain America: The Winter Soldier " Fallout Hits " Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "

If you haven"t seen "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" yet, you may want to save this Tuesday"s episode of "Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." until after you do.

The events of the latest Marvel Studios film will resonate on the small screen in this Tuesday"s episode of the ABC show.

The blockbuster film, which has brought in $96.2 million domestically at the weekend box office, reveals that S.H.I.E.L.D. has been infiltrated by HYDRA. Captain America, Nick Fury, Black Widow and others work to not only stop the parasitic HYDRA, but end up dissolving S.H.I.E.L.D. as well.

So what does that mean for Agent Coulson and his team of S.H.I.E.L.D. operatives? Coulson"s team will go from being part of a worldwide organization to being "a ragtag bunch scraping things together," executive producer Jed Whedon told USA Today.

The article also says that many of the threats that have been revealed on the show thus far will tie back to HYDRA, something they couldn"t do before "The Winter Soldier" hit theaters for fear of spoiling it. They also tease a major betrayal, and that "What"s left of Coulson"s team is forced to deal on their own with the dismantling of their whole world as well as the new HYDRA threat."

ABC"s "Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." airs on Tuesday at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.

Via: CBR

robbo Post # 182 | Tuesday, 08 Apr 2014 - 22:23
Samuel L. Jackson To Appear On Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season Finale 

Samuel L. Jackson has confirmed that he will make an appearance on this season"s finale of Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. 

Jackson tells Vulture:

"I did! Last week! I just shot the end-of-the-season show. You"re trying to get me fired and killed! I don"t talk about Marvel"s business. None of us do.

"If they ask Kevin Feige and Kevin says, "We"d like for you to do it, I do. It ties into the TV show. They wanted to tie that up."

Of course, Jackson is talking about the events that happened in Captain America 2 with S.H.I.E.L.D. as well as Nick Fury. 

Hopefully we will also get something about what happens with Agent Coulson, as Coulson has questions for Fury surrounding his death from The Avengers and subsequent return. 

Marvel"s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. airs Tuesdays at 8pm ET on ABC.

Via: Cosmic-Booknews

robbo Post # 183 | Thursday, 10 Apr 2014 - 02:58
Marvel"s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D: Cobie Smulders To Return As Maria Hill 

Cobie Smulders is to reprise her role as Maria Hill in Marvel"s Agents of SHIELD.

It has been confirmed that the 32-year-old actress, who appeared in the pilot of the sci-fi series, will star in episode 20 of the first season, "Nothing Personal" airing in the US on April 29.

According to TVLine, Smulders"character will team up with Agent Coulson. 

The former How I Met Your Mother actress has starred as Maria Hill in both The Avengers and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. 

Meanwhile, although the ABC series is yet to be officially renewed, executive producer Jeph Loeb has said that he is hoping for "100 more" episodes.

Co-exec Jeff Bell has also confirmed that the events of movie The Winter Soldier will continue to impact the TV series. 

The Marvel"s Agents of SHIELD crossover with Captain America: The Winter Soldier failed to boost the show"s ratings on Tuesday (April 8).

The Marvel Universe series notched a new season low of 1.7 (4.91m) at 8pm for ABC.

Via: DigitalSpy

chrisdvanne_ Post # 184 | Thursday, 10 Apr 2014 - 08:07
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
The Marvel Universe series notched a new season low of 1.7 (4.91m) at 8pm for ABC.

Update: in the national finals, Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D was adjusted up two tenths and notched a 1.9 (5.37m) with adults 18-49, still down a tenth from last week, but off series lows..

The slow start must have permanently turned off a lot of viewers and this new crossover with a Marvel movie (first was with "Thor 2") failed to bring back viewers. Though one has to remember that ABC is a Disney company and that Disney also bought Marvel, which means there's bigger things at stake than just AOS's ratings. You don't spend billions of dollars acquiring medias companies to NOT synergise those holdings.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robbo Post # 185 | Sunday, 20 Apr 2014 - 02:54
Marvel"s Agent Carter Series May Debut In The Winter 

Speaking of TV comic book adaptations, we heard an exciting report about the Agent Carter series this week. Though the show still doesn"t have a green light, rumour has it that it may get picked up directly to series. and forgo the pilot process altogether.

If it happens, the show could debut in the Winter, while Agents of SHIELD is on hiatus between the Fall and Spring. Of course, Agents of SHIELD hasn"t been renewed for a second season yet, so take this with a grain of salt. 

If the two series do air next year, they will run in tandem and likely tie in to each other. After all, Peggy Carter helped found SHIELD, and a period piece showing the organization"s beginnings could help shed some light on how that major spoiler in Captain America: The Winter Soldier came to pass. 

Via: WC

robbo Post # 186 | Wednesday, 23 Apr 2014 - 01:58
Lou Ferrigno Back For The Avengers 2 Voicing The Hulk 

We get confirmation that Lou Ferrigno will be back to provide the voice of the Hulk in The Avengers 2. 

Lou Ferrigno attended this past weekend"s WonderCon where he told Nuke The Fridge that yes he will be voicing the Hulk. 

Ferrigno played the Hulk in the 1978 TV series as well as appeared in the 2003 and 2008 films as a security guard. 

It"s speculated that The Avengers 2 may open with the Hulk as set images, video and concept art revealed the Hulk taking on Hulkbuster Iron Man in South Africa. 

"The Avengers: Age Of Ultron" hits May 1, 2015 directed by Joss Whedon. 

Via: CBN

chrisdvanne_ Post # 187 | Wednesday, 23 Apr 2014 - 08:31
Quote robbo ()
Lou Ferrigno Back For The Avengers 2 Voicing The Hulk

Summer and Lou have been in so many fan conventions at the same time, I'm surprised there's no photos of them together.

Lou Ferrigno signs autographs during the Wizard World Chicago Comic Con at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014. (Photo by Barry Brecheisen)

Lou Ferrigno signs autographs during the Wizard World Chicago Comic Con at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014Lou Ferrigno signs autographs during the Wizard World Chicago Comic Con at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014Lou Ferrigno signs autographs during the Wizard World Chicago Comic Con at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center in Rosemont, IL on Friday, Aug. 22, 2014

robbo Post # 188 | Thursday, 18 Sep 2014 - 01:15
TNT Takes Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Films

TNT has reached a deal with Marvel which sees the cable network secure the premiere network television rights to the next five Marvel Studios feature films, TVWise has learned.

The two companies said that both Avengers: Age Of Ultron and the upcoming third film in the Captain America series will be covered by this deal, which will see each of the five films premiere on TNT a little over two years after their respective theatrical releases. 

The next Marvel film due for theatrical release later this year, Avengers: Age Of Ultron is the follows up to Marvel"s The Avengers, reuniting Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Nick Fury and more: while the third Captain America film, set for release in 2016, will follow the alter ego of Steve Rogers as he continues his heroic adventures in a world of constant change. 

"Marvel"s brand of entertainment is a thrill ride for audiences, and we"re excited to be adding their next five blockbusters to TNT"s arsenal of high-quality genre fare," These movies will play a key role in TNT"s long-term success, especially among key adult demos."

Via: TVWise

robbo Post # 189 | Friday, 19 Sep 2014 - 03:20
Marvel"s Agents Of SHIELD: Blizzard Returning As Season 2 Villain

Dylan Minnette will reprise his role as the troubled Donnie "Blizzard" Gill in Marvel"s Agents of SHIELD. 

Minnette originally appeared in the season one episode "Seeds" as a trouble cadet wreaking havoc on the SHIELD academy. 

Coulson"s team will be bolstered in the upcoming season by Nick Blood as the mercenary Lance Hunter, Lucy Lawless as veteran SHIELD agent Isabelle Hartley and Adrianne Palicki as the superhero Mockingbird. 

Marvel"s Agents of SHIELD returns on September 23 on ABC in the US. Channel 4 will air the series in the UK.

Via: DigitalSpy

robbo Post # 190 | Monday, 29 Sep 2014 - 02:55
"Avengers 3" Could Be A Two-Parter?

One of the more exciting rumors going into the weekend is that of Marvel"s proposed third "The Avengers" film being split into a two-part movie.

The move would follow a trend that has been common in the final entries of young adult film franchises of late such as "Twilight," "Harry Potter," "The Hunger Games," and "Divergent". Those that have been released so far have proven to be major money makers.

The rumor comes from Daily Marvelite who say they are "pretty confident of its content". It also seems a date may already be in mind.

Marvel announced an untitled movie for May 3rd 2019, which initially many thought to be "Avengers 3". Marvel head Kevin Feige then later indicated a third "Avengers" would be out in 2018. This would now suggest a third and fourth film are being targeted for a potential May 2018 and May 2019 release respectively.

The idea sounds quite plausible - with the film expected to be not only a big budget blowout, but overstuffed with heroes and Thanos-fighting storyline, especially if some of the cast of "Guardians of the Galaxy" show up. On the other hand for such a production to happen it would require cast renegotiations and all sorts of schedule adjustments.

It"s not clear from their source though if this will be a two part movie, or two separate films with the fourth one being an Avengers/Guardians mash-up.

Via: DH

Marvel's Hall H Press Line for 'Ant-Man' and 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego Convention Center on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.

Marvel's Hall H Press Line for 'Ant-Man' and 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego Convention Center on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California. Marvel's Hall H Press Line for 'Ant-Man' and 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego Convention Center on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California. Marvel's Hall H Press Line for 'Ant-Man' and 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego Convention Center on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.
Marvel's Hall H Press Line for 'Ant-Man' and 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego Convention Center on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California. Marvel's Hall H Press Line for 'Ant-Man' and 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' during Comic-Con International 2014 at San Diego Convention Center on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California.

robbo Post # 191 | Thursday, 02 Oct 2014 - 03:47
Tim DeKay Cast In "Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

While Agent Grant Ward has only appeared briefly in the second season of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., new casting indicates audiences haven"t seen the last of the S.H.I.E.L.D.-turned-Hydra agent. In fact, the show will be offering more insight into Ward"s troubled family history later this season.

White Collar star Tim DeKay has been cast as Ward"s brother, Senator Christian Ward, EW has confirmed. He will make an appearance in the sixth episode this season, titled "A Fractured House" Zap2It first reported the news.

Ward has spoken about his older brother before, in season 1"s "The Well," detailing how his brother would force Ward to beat up the pair"s younger brother, and late last season John Garrett hinted at more issues plaguing the brother"s relationship.

Via: EW

Tiffani Thiessen (L) and actor Tim DeKay attend the USA Network's and The Moth's Storytelling Tour 'A More Perfect Union: Stories of Prejudice and Power' at the Pacific Design Center on February 15, 2012 in West Hollywood, California.Matt Bomer and Tim Dekay as seen on May 31, 2013 on the set of 'White Collar' in New York City

robbo Post # 192 | Tuesday, 07 Oct 2014 - 02:57
"Avengers 3" Boasts An All New Line-up?

It has been a common belief that the third "Avengers" film will be the last big blow-out for the current line-up of Marvel cinematic heroes, after which new faces are set to come in. But what if that character exchange happens earlier than expected?

Badass Digest reports that Marvel Studios is set to shake up their universe in an unexpected way, specifically using the third "Avengers" film as a spring board for "something else" Not only does their source claim the film will Not be a two-parter as rumored earlier, but that the current Avengers themselves "may not even appear" in the third "Avengers".

What that "something else" is? Hard to say, but the site says it could be a massive "all-franchise crossover" which would bring together pretty much everyone involved in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Via: BadassDigest

Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Booth Signing During Comic-Con International 2014

Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Booth Signing During Comic-Con International 2014Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Booth Signing During Comic-Con International 2014Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Booth Signing During Comic-Con International 2014Marvel's 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron' Booth Signing During Comic-Con International 2014

chrisdvanne_ Post # 193 | Thursday, 23 Oct 2014 - 08:45
Get your first look at Ultron trying to tear apart Captain America, Iron Man, Thor and the rest of the world in the first official teaser trailer for Marvel's "Avengers: Age of Ultron," in theaters May 1, 2015!

robbo Post # 194 | Friday, 31 Oct 2014 - 03:06
# 194  What an official teaser that was wicked or what. the movie looks absolutely awesome I could watch these movies all day.  cool

robbo Post # 195 | Friday, 31 Oct 2014 - 03:34
Whedon Talks 'Ultron' Global Focus

It's no secret Marvel considers the global market a huge part of its release strategy. More consistently than any other studio, they are the ones who have pushed for global releases of their blockbuster movies before they open domestically.

The results have worked though. Comic book based films didn't necessarily travel well outside the United States before, now the "Captain America,"Iron Man" and "Thor" films make three-fifths of their coin overseas.

The same thing is expected to take place with the forthcoming "Avengers: Age Of Ultron" as the action in the sequel shifts away from New York and has a much more global feel. During an appearance on The Watcher Web Series, Whedon explained why that is and how it will affect the story:

"This is a very global film. We wanted the world perspective on the Avengers, what they're doing, what they've been doing and who they are. They're being the Avengers, and that's a global thing, and it's also - it doesn't make everybody love them. So we wanted to see both sides of that."

The production itself shot in South Korea, South Africa, Bangladesh, Italy and the United Kingdom.

Source: Heat Vision

Writer/director Joss Whedon attends the premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' 'Iron Man 3' at the El Capitan Theatre on April 24, 2013 in Hollywood

Joss Whedon attends the premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' 'Iron Man 3' at the El Capitan Theatre on April 24, 2013 in HollywoodJoss Whedon attends the premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' 'Iron Man 3' at the El Capitan Theatre on April 24, 2013 in HollywoodJoss Whedon attends the premiere of Walt Disney Pictures' 'Iron Man 3' at the El Capitan Theatre on April 24, 2013 in Hollywood

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Avengers/Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter thread (Discuss Whedon's Avengers or ABC's S.H.I.E.L.D./Agent Carter)
Search: